Not open for further replies.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville

Last two lines ring alarmingly true...

Democrats will be proposing new legislation next week mandating permanent lockdowns for everyone entitled the "For the Good of All People Act".

Republicans responded with a conservative proposal to lock everyone down for just a few months instead.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    PRETTY MUCH what I've found elsewhere as well. But gotta get the jab to save the chil...umm... elderly.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Alex Berenson got banned by Twitter for posting that study.

Thou shalt not besmirch the holy vaccine, amen and awomen.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Alex Berenson got banned by Twitter for posting that study.

Thou shalt not besmirch the holy vaccine, amen and awomen.
    Full text

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Joe Rogan has Covid. Got a z-pak, ivermectin, monoclonal antibodies, and a vitamin infusion. He said day 1 was bad, but day 3 he feels great. Could be the $100k in medical care he got immediately.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

n8HS9FX.png

Here goes more insanity.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Those are two different questions

The Kentucky study compared the previously infected (only) with the previously-infected plus vaccinated. As other studies have shown, the vaccine can provide additional benefit because some people don't seem to get good lasting immunity from a Covid infection.

The second study (Israel) is supposedly comparing the previously-infected to the "not" previously infected who were vaccinated. So having Covid gives you decent immunity in most cases but comes with all the risks of death, hospitalization and long Covid. The vaccine is incredibly safe and low risk.

There are some countries who are suggesting the previously-infected get just one dose of vaccine, not two. This makes sense to me based on the studies but it's not been suggested in the US.

In any case those 2 studies don't contradict each other because they weren't looking at the same thing.
    The Israeli study said that natural immunity offers considerably more immunity against the delta variant than both doses of the Pfizer vaccine alone, and that natural immunity is somewhat enhanced by being vaccinated. The warnings of scientists after that came out is, please don't go throwing covid infection parties so that you have immunity.

But what it looks like to me is that the data absolutely do not justify insisting that people who have recovered from covid be vaccinated. We shouldn't mandate things based on "somewhat" better. And that's kinda my whole beef with this thing. People can die from the delta variant even having been vaccinated. Of course the data show that with no immunity (natural or vaccine) people are having much worse outcomes.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

n8HS9FX.png

Here goes more insanity.

But Prevnar 13 is no longer Pfizer's top-selling product. The COVID-19 vaccine BNT162b2, developed by Pfizer and BioNTech (NASDAQ:BNTX), generated sales of $7.8 billion in the first half of 2021 alone.

"Follow the science" my ass. Follow the ***damn money.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    1630552173159.png

Written by C.S. Lewis in 1948.
    “How are we to live in an atomic age?’ I am tempted to reply: ‘Why, as you would have lived in the sixteenth century when the plague visited London almost every year, or as you would have lived in a Viking age when raiders from Scandinavia might land and cut your throat any night; or indeed, as you are already living in an age of cancer, an age of chronic pain, an age of paralysis, an age of air raids, an age of railway accidents, an age of motor accidents.’
    In other words, do not let us begin by exaggerating the novelty of our situation. Believe me, dear sir or madam, you and all whom you love were already sentenced to death before the atomic bomb was invented: and quite a high percentage of us were going to die in unpleasant ways.
    It is perfectly ridiculous to go about whimpering and drawing long faces because the scientists have added one more chance of painful and premature death to a world which already bristled with such chances and in which death itself was not a chance at all, but a certainty.
    The first action to be taken is to pull ourselves together. If we are all going to be destroyed by an atomic bomb, let that bomb when it comes find us doing sensible and human things—praying, working, teaching, reading, listening to music, bathing the children, playing tennis, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep and thinking about death. They may break our bodies (a microbe can do that) but they need not dominate our minds.”

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    View attachment 156419

Written by C.S. Lewis in 1948.
    “How are we to live in an atomic age?’ I am tempted to reply: ‘Why, as you would have lived in the sixteenth century when the plague visited London almost every year, or as you would have lived in a Viking age when raiders from Scandinavia might land and cut your throat any night; or indeed, as you are already living in an age of cancer, an age of chronic pain, an age of paralysis, an age of air raids, an age of railway accidents, an age of motor accidents.’
    In other words, do not let us begin by exaggerating the novelty of our situation. Believe me, dear sir or madam, you and all whom you love were already sentenced to death before the atomic bomb was invented: and quite a high percentage of us were going to die in unpleasant ways.
    It is perfectly ridiculous to go about whimpering and drawing long faces because the scientists have added one more chance of painful and premature death to a world which already bristled with such chances and in which death itself was not a chance at all, but a certainty.
    The first action to be taken is to pull ourselves together. If we are all going to be destroyed by an atomic bomb, let that bomb when it comes find us doing sensible and human things—praying, working, teaching, reading, listening to music, bathing the children, playing tennis, chatting to our friends over a pint and a game of darts—not huddled together like frightened sheep and thinking about death. They may break our bodies (a microbe can do that) but they need not dominate our minds.”
    That was written in a different time, back when men actually had balls.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom