Jun 2, 2011

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    This is an info graphic from a healthcare system that employs me. They are pretty strong vaxxers, but no mandates. These cases are for one hospital, and should not be interpreted as being a complete or even relevant sample size. I just found it interesting.

Screenshot_20210825-164301_Outlook.jpg

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

If we're not holding vaccine manufacturers liable for this ****, can we at least lot check it for them? Because they're apparently not doing it themselves. Normally these kinds of problems are resolved by suing the **** out of companies when they ship harmful stuff. Nah. We'll just let other countries do the quality assurance work.

Operation Warp Speed = Ship it!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I think Obama should have canceled his party (or really limited it to close family) if he wanted to live what he spoke about the pandemic. As a guy looked upon by millions, he has a responsibility. He knew that lifetime responsibility when he ran for president. To Oprah's credit, she reportedly decided not to attend once the virus was surging. These people talk about how much more Covid has affected the poor then they can't bother to postpone a birthday party.

As to your 2nd paragraph, the hospitals are full of UNvaccinated patients. And the death rate lags the hospital rates.

Mr. Obama lives in an expensive house on the shore of an island in the Atlantic ocean, but continues to support the climate change cause. What can we learn from that?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Story time.

I was at a client's office at the end of the day yesterday, a cardiologist's office and I got to witness a clash of a-holes.

A-hole #1 had apparently brought his elderly mother to the doctor's office, parked her wheelchair, then announced loudly, for everyone to hear which was his obvious intent: "I can't stay in here Mom, I won't be muzzled. I'll be in the car. These Nazis are just trying to control us. The masks are spreading the virus and making everyone sick. It's part of the plan."

A-hole #2 then stood up...and just as loudly said: "My wife is a nurse and had to work all the way through this and people are dying every day. It's because people like you are stupid and selfish."

As far as I could tell, neither one of them was operating on the basis of verifiable facts.

Then they started in on a vaccine argument that was similarly high on material gleaned from memes and low on reality.

That was fun.

In a cardiologist's office with a waiting room filled with elderly people just trying to see the doc.

Nice.

I did what all the other rational people in the waiting room were doing...sitting silently and watching the mating dance of idiots.

Thunderdome!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Thunderdome!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
    I have to be honest...if it weren't for the fact that the waiting room was filled with elderly people so frail that a stiff wind would take them out, I would have loved to have seen it. At one point, it looked like it might head that way. There I was thinking: "Dammit, they might kill some old woman if this gets out of hand.....but I really don't want to be the body that gets between them."

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I can't see demanding businesses suspend or fire people who don't get vaccinated. Everywhere I go in manufacturing in Indiana I see companies short of people, and really short of trained people. Sending trained people home when you can't even get the untrained to fill their positions is a good way to kill more US businesses and become more dependent on imports from china.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Jen had a slip today
    What's even worse (to me) is the story in the same link about Australian "authorities " shooting stray dogs on order to prevent volunteers from an animal shelter from traveling to pick them up.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    which is what I've been asking about/alluding to for months. Why should I get a jab if my natural immunity is more robust?
    Immune system response is a variable depending on your individual system and the variable virus load it was exposed to. If you are confident your immune system was challenged enough to produce a robust response then I would certainly think you should be as well off as any vaccinated person - probably even better because your response would form antibodies and t cells against more parts of the virus than just a part of one of the spike proteins like the vaccine gives you.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Immune system response is a variable depending on your individual system and the variable virus load it was exposed to. If you are confident your immune system was challenged enough to produce a robust response then I would certainly think you should be as well off as any vaccinated person - probably even better because your response would form antibodies and t cells against more parts of the virus than just a part of one of the spike proteins like the vaccine gives you.
    Well, it knocked me on my ass for 2 weeks. I ran a fever for 3 days over 102 (on our home thermo which normally reads me at 96.2). I was weak for another 2 afterwards. I'd say it was fairly challenged.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One thing that might prove reliable is if we had data on hospitalizations/deaths of people who've had covid a second time. The KY study suggests that of the people who had covid in 2020, the unvaccinated covid survivors were twice as likely to become infected than those who were vaccinated.

It was a very small group in the case evaluation, but it seems enough for the CDC to justify a policy of vaccinating even people who've had covid. I think I'd want to see it in a much wider group.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom