• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Wow... I've been transported to China or something. Is it really a voluntary exchange if you're forced to make the choice between earning a living and having a family? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you both (and I hope I am). And to Timjoebillybob, if every company did it, then it is in fact "forced" if you want to make a living and not suck off the government teat. And I'm not talking about the $15/hour "living" that some are seeking.
    Nah, China the govt is forcing. In the US it's supposed to be voluntary. And yes it's a voluntary exchange, you engage in them all the time. Every time you buy something, it's a voluntary exchange. Same with sell. Unless it's govt mandated of course. And that is what the employer/employee relation is, the business is buying the labor that the employee is selling. If you have some work at your house that you are hiring someone to do, do you have the right to not hire someone for whatever reason you wish? They show up in a car with Obama/Biden/Pelosi/Bernie/AOC/etc stickers on it stinking of reefer and patchouli vs a guy that shows up with no or stickers that favor your political point of view. Do you have the legal ability to pick between them? How about the person doing the work shows up 8 months pregnant to give you the quote on a job that's going to take a couple of months that needs done asap? You going to hire them knowing that there is a good chance they are going to have to take a good bit of time off in the middle of it?
    I am way over absolutists...
    In other words you're just fine with discrimination you approve of.
    Okay. So what if the chamber-o-commerce pays companies to fire workers who aren’t vaccinated? Still okay? That would certainly create collective pressure for a de facto ban on behavior. Is that actually a free society? Couldn’t the c-o-c also reward companies for disallowing employees from owning guns? For driving gas guzzlers? Voting for candidates they don’t like? ****ing anyway but missionary?
    Is the CoC a govt organization? Or is it business owners who joined together to protect their common interest? If the later yes free society. And yep they could do those things. Just like we gun owners can join together and not patronize businesses with no guns allowed stickers on their door, or ones that promote candidates we don't like, or... Or even join organizations that are supposed to protect our common interests, such as the NRA, GOA, JPFO, etc, etc.
    I agree here. Individual citizens have the exclusive power to vote. I wouldn’t say corporations shouldn’t be able to petition law makers (lobby) but they should not be able to contribute to political campaigns. That’s a law that would never be passed.
    I believe the law referring to was the decision in Citizens United. Which stemmed from a company making a movie about Hillary which painted her in a unflattering light. Should they not be allowed to do that? Should the NRA be allowed to put out lists of candidates they support? How about commercials and billboards and such supporting or opposing candidates?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Nah, China the govt is forcing. In the US it's supposed to be voluntary. And yes it's a voluntary exchange, you engage in them all the time. Every time you buy something, it's a voluntary exchange. Same with sell. Unless it's govt mandated of course. And that is what the employer/employee relation is, the business is buying the labor that the employee is selling. If you have some work at your house that you are hiring someone to do, do you have the right to not hire someone for whatever reason you wish? They show up in a car with Obama/Biden/Pelosi/Bernie/AOC/etc stickers on it stinking of reefer and patchouli vs a guy that shows up with no or stickers that favor your political point of view. Do you have the legal ability to pick between them? How about the person doing the work shows up 8 months pregnant to give you the quote on a job that's going to take a couple of months that needs done asap? You going to hire them knowing that there is a good chance they are going to have to take a good bit of time off in the middle of it?

In other words you're just fine with discrimination you approve of.

Is the CoC a govt organization? Or is it business owners who joined together to protect their common interest? If the later yes free society. And yep they could do those things. Just like we gun owners can join together and not patronize businesses with no guns allowed stickers on their door, or ones that promote candidates we don't like, or... Or even join organizations that are supposed to protect our common interests, such as the NRA, GOA, JPFO, etc, etc.

I believe the law referring to was the decision in Citizens United. Which stemmed from a company making a movie about Hillary which painted her in a unflattering light. Should they not be allowed to do that? Should the NRA be allowed to put out lists of candidates they support? How about commercials and billboards and such supporting or opposing candidates?

So Standard oil was just another capitalist business? When all the companies engage in activity that comes from coordination that defies the market, that is illegal in this country.

The Marxists are using your purity capitalism to make you useful to their ends. It will be hard enough to turn this tide, but with those that fail to see what the left has done to take over business are just helping the Marxists.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So Standard oil was just another capitalist business? When all the companies engage in activity that comes from coordination that defies the market, that is illegal in this country.

The Marxists are using your purity capitalism to make you useful to their ends. It will be hard enough to turn this tide, but with those that fail to see what the left has done to take over business are just helping the Marxists.
    So you are against market defiance and support legislation that is against abuse of the market?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Not sure which particular part of my post you were referring to, but yes Standard oil was just another capitalist business.

And please explain just how the Marxists are doing so.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So you are against market defiance and support legislation that is against abuse of the market?

We as a people have been frauded by business and it must be cleaned up. For example, We have been fooled into thinking that Coke and Pepsi are capitalist competitors only to find out at the end of the day they are hollow entities controlled largely by the same financial companies that are controlled by the same funds and money entities.

The globalists have used our love of free markets against us to usurp our individual freedoms all while duping us into believing it was a free market...

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    We as a people have been frauded by business and it must be cleaned up. For example, We have been fooled into thinking that Coke and Pepsi are capitalist competitors only to find out at the end of the day they are hollow entities controlled largely by the same financial companies that are controlled by the same funds and money entities.

The globalists have used our love of free markets against us to usurp our individual freedoms all while duping us into believing it was a free market...
    What entity would you trust to bring balance?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Story time.

I was at a client's office at the end of the day yesterday, a cardiologist's office and I got to witness a clash of a-holes.

A-hole #1 had apparently brought his elderly mother to the doctor's office, parked her wheelchair, then announced loudly, for everyone to hear which was his obvious intent: "I can't stay in here Mom, I won't be muzzled. I'll be in the car. These Nazis are just trying to control us. The masks are spreading the virus and making everyone sick. It's part of the plan."

A-hole #2 then stood up...and just as loudly said: "My wife is a nurse and had to work all the way through this and people are dying every day. It's because people like you are stupid and selfish."

As far as I could tell, neither one of them was operating on the basis of verifiable facts.

Then they started in on a vaccine argument that was similarly high on material gleaned from memes and low on reality.

That was fun.

In a cardiologist's office with a waiting room filled with elderly people just trying to see the doc.

Nice.

I did what all the other rational people in the waiting room were doing...sitting silently and watching the mating dance of idiots.

qwerty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI

The university retested around 50 people who originally tested positive — twice on different days and by two different providers. All but one person’s results came back negative.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Story time.

I was at a client's office at the end of the day yesterday, a cardiologist's office and I got to witness a clash of a-holes.

A-hole #1 had apparently brought his elderly mother to the doctor's office, parked her wheelchair, then announced loudly, for everyone to hear which was his obvious intent: "I can't stay in here Mom, I won't be muzzled. I'll be in the car. These Nazis are just trying to control us. The masks are spreading the virus and making everyone sick. It's part of the plan."

A-hole #2 then stood up...and just as loudly said: "My wife is a nurse and had to work all the way through this and people are dying every day. It's because people like you are stupid and selfish."

As far as I could tell, neither one of them was operating on the basis of verifiable facts.

Then they started in on a vaccine argument that was similarly high on material gleaned from memes and low on reality.

That was fun.

In a cardiologist's office with a waiting room filled with elderly people just trying to see the doc.

Nice.

I did what all the other rational people in the waiting room were doing...sitting silently and watching the mating dance of idiots.

There is a good attorney joke somewhere in there.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I’m sure nursing shortage has nothing to do with mandated vaccines at hospitals and schools. Also with the rates being paid as a “travel nurse” who is gonna stay loyal to a hospital when the travel nurse working next to you is making 3x more money.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom