• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Shhh!!!

Don't let the secret out of the bag. I'm happy we're so far down on the list. We're a hidden jewel in this country, and I love it that way.

I live in Whitley County, and our property values have remained constant throughout the entire economic situation. Some have even risen. You can't say that about most of the country.

Beyond that, we're actually drawing NEW business into the state, especially automotive. Unfortunately, we didn't get the new Harley plant for Shelbyville, but all's not lost.

Additionally, I think we have the best Governor in all of America, especially compared to the Governor of D.C. Would that be Obama too? Just asking.

I just wish we had better bodies of water (cleaner), especially for those of us that would like to bring home a few of what we catch.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If you think you can see a lot of stars in Colorado, go out there and put on some night vision goggles. Spent a year out there and loved it. Got to see pikes peak every time I walked to my car.

If I ever leave Indiana, it will be for Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho or possibly no mans land in Texas.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Indiana is centralized enough to travel easily on a whim.
    There is still a lot of indiana that I need to explore. And maybe a new BMW motorbike will help me do that. After the new year, a tax refund, and some changes on my expenses, I'm getting the GS with cargo boxes.
    Anytime I want I can make northern MI in one day. I liked traveling through TN recently, so I expect to plan trips thata way. Most anyplace that honors my ltch, I'll consider.

ludlow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I'm very happy here. Grew up in Lake county, enlisted in the Navy and lived in California for about six years. I could not wait to get the heck out of that state. Moved to central Indiana in 1990 and have been here ever since. Almost moved to Phoenix in '03 when my folks lived there. Grateful we did not make that mistake.

I'm a life long Hoosier and proud and happy to be one.

ludlow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    @ Lee Ermey. I had a BMW GS before we had our kids, I really enjoyed that bike. I think that is a great choice

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    My biggest complaint with Indiana is it is starting to get to crowded out here in the country. That and some people should just stay living in the cities...

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    The probably polled the Louisiana people during Mardi Gras. Of course they were happy, they were drunk and just got to see some tatas.

I got to go to Hawaii a couple years ago. The native peoples are being squeezed out by rich people. I bet they didn't poll too many of them, just the rich Californians and Japanese.

I could be happier, more open hunting land with lots of game. More trout and smallies in the streams... but life could be a heck of a lot worse.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    My biggest complaint with Indiana is it is starting to get to crowded out here in the country. That and some people should just stay living in the cities...

Just got the survey back on my land. About the closest anyone can build to my new house will be about 200 ft. That land is owned by a 50 yo farmer so I don't have to worry about homes going up on it for a long gime. He just tore a house down on that property. Ill have just over 27 acres.

Top Bottom