• 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Why?

Some would say that someone is trying to bait others. I see only one person that is worried about race.

AOC is a dumb***!

Walters is a dumb***!

Pelosi is a dumb***!

Booker is a dumb***!

Trump can act like a dumb*** at times.

Sanders is a dumb***!

It does not matter how dark, light or orange you are you can decide to be a dumb*** or not.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This example works just as well, and actually better that the example I originally posed. Ok, who hasn't heard somebody say that another person was "acting black?" This goes exactly to the point that AOC is making. Not that I think this is unique to Trump supporters, but it does display ignorance and soft racism, if you consider the traits one is trying to convey to the person at the receiving end of the comment. The person making the statement may not even be racist, but they indeed ignorant of what exactly their comment ultimately means.

The micro-aggressions nonsense doesn’t work. The people I’ve heard talking about white people acing black were not being kind, yet ignorant. Just like the black people talking about other blacks acting white weren’t being kind, yet ignorant.

I get what you’re saying. And like most attitudes, race opinions are a spectrum, ranging from don’t care to that’s all they care about. That spectrum was not really what AOC was talking about. She was talking about the fabricated term micro-aggressions, which is utter bull****.

For example, advocating for colorblindness is a micro-agression, and therefor is racist. That’s idea is pure racist nonsense promoted by people who care a crap ton more about race than many of she’s talking about. She makes those statements as if she doesn’t do it herself. If micro-aggressions were even a thing, her whole ***damn statement is a micro-aggression.

Here’s a question for you. Advocating for people to stop caring about race is exactly NOT racism. There’s no such thing as race. It is merely genetic heritage. But the left insists saying that is racism. So what do you think about that?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think it’s appropriate to talk about race in this thread because AOC is a racist **** trying to act like racism can only exist on the other side of the isle and only in people who have pale skin.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Skin color doesn't matter, only how people act, that's my view. I will say that the most racist things I've heard in my life have come from non-whites. I also know that whites are held to a completely different standard than non-whites. Things a non-white can do and say a white person would be labeled a racist for. As others have said, stop worrying about race. Worry about people and how we treat each other. That's the only way we can get along.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I haven't heard anyone say another person was "acting black;" not once, ever.
    Maybe I'm just ignorant and don't know how "black" people act.

I'd say you were pretty sheltered, if you'e never heard something related along those lines, but you understand the point at least.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I gotta tell ya, you are (IMO) pushing the envelope a bit here. I know people who try to act Italian, Polish, German, Black......you name it; some even try to act like the opposite sex (GLBQ....)

So what? My mom was not Italian, at all. My Dad was 1/2 italian. My mom worked in a factory that had 99% italians working there.....guess what? My mom talked, cooked, had gestures all that was Italian in nature. I have a family member who I truly believe "thinks" she is black; but not. I know and see people who take on characteristics of others for who knows why, but they do. Why do you have to call that racism?

I often get confused with all this instigated fabricated racism. Does a Black Irishman act Black or Irish? How about an Italian who may live in Kenya and take on characteristics of one from Kenya? Does a person who was born in Kenya and moves to the USA and acts like an American - are they racist?

Please....stop the insanity.

I'm college educated, never been to jail (as an inmate), never did a drug in my life, wear proper fitting clothes, have maintained gainful employment since I was and adult, and speak with proper grammar. I know a lot of black people like that. Is your relative like us? Your answer to that question will hopefully enlighten you.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'd say you were pretty sheltered, if you'e never heard something related along those lines, but you understand the point at least.

I don't understand.
    What does it mean to say some one is "acting black?"
    Is it a comment on the person or on "blacks" in general?
    Does it mean different things for people with different skin tones?
    Help me understand.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Hendricks County
    I'm college educated, never been to jail (as an inmate), never did a drug in my life, wear proper fitting clothes, have maintained gainful employment since I was and adult, and speak with proper grammar. I know a lot of black people like that. Is your relative like us? Your answer to that question will hopefully enlighten you.

Actually my relative is educated, never been to jail, talks with proper grammar and such. Your answer is actually pushing racism beyond what it actually is; just as others are trying to do - including AOC and others. You see, regardless if you like it or not, each culture, race, group has characteristics about hem. I laugh because Italians are made fun of because they use their hands to talk and other characteristics. Is that racism? Individuals from the south are different from those in the east and so on. Is knowing cultural differences actually racism? Many teen girls may act like valley girls (I may be outdating here). Is that a form of racism? My relative who may think they are black is married to a black person and they have children. We have had people claim they are black when they are not, people claim they are American Indian, again, my mom thought she was Italian. We have stores who cater to their community groups, outreach groups that are specific to neighborhood make ups.

Is all I have mentioned racism in YOUR eyes? I have no idea what your background is and who are or claim to be. All I know is that you see racism where it does not exist. Stop manufacturing racism where it does not exist. I remember years ago the push for Ebonics - remember that? Was that racism? If it was, who was the racist? Again, stop the insanity. Not everything is about race and not everything is as bad as you appear to make it. The only thing I am enlightened by is your continued effort to spread evil racism where there is none.

Is your relative like "US"? Is that a racist question? It's not the answer that enlightened me but rather that question!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    This is a lot of BS to me. When a person from any minority group is called "acting white", what does that mean? Acting like a productive member of society instead of a thug, or someone who feels the world owes them something? That's what I never understood growing up and still don't to this day. Whether black, white, asian or whatever, work hard, follow the rules of the society you belong to and treat others with respect. That's not being "white", that's being a productive member of society and everyone who can act this way should act this way.

Top Bottom