• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    I saw one once that was a pistol grip. I can't remember where, though. It looked great.

I thought about putting a standard A2 grip on mine, but I feel like it would be kinda awkward.

I may just end up with a Hurst T-shifter

However, I have a ball of stellite that could be millled and engraved to make something cool

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    I just bought a jeep this past winter on my vacation to florida, its 97 grand cherokee laredo. The only reason I bought it is because its in great shape and it was a good price. I was going to leave it stock but I've changed my plans. I dont know much about jeeps at all and was hoping some of you could help. I want to lift it in the next few weeks, does anyone know how much lift I would need to clear 35s? Also if anybody has any aftermarket parts that will fit it and would like to sell let me know. thanks

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I finally got my jeep out to test my new lift. My mom got me a Tachyon HD video camera and I mounted it in my jeep to record the ride. I did a little video editing to show you all how it went. (sorry if it doesnt work, this is my first attempt at video editing/posting)

Edit: if you click the picture it will take you to my photobucket account so you can watch it.

tr1gg3r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    The Fortress
    I thought about putting a standard A2 grip on mine, but I feel like it would be kinda awkward.

I may just end up with a Hurst T-shifter

However, I have a ball of stellite that could be millled and engraved to make something cool

A friend of mine has a grenade for his t-case shift knob. It's sweet.

Ambu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Most gun shows have dummy grenades you pick up for cheap. They have a hole drilled in the bottom that slips right onto your stick. I used to have one on my old F150.

I am thinking about this for sure.
    Will I have to take it and have it threaded?

Jerry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    S. Indy
    SD530148.jpg

I used one for years. I drilled and tapped the side. Eventually I unscrewed the "fuse" off and used the body as a shift knob. It was a lot more comfortable to use this way. Now I'm just running the original knob from a '47 CJ2A.

tr1gg3r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    The Fortress
    Personally I would want it threaded and jam-nutted, but that's just me. Of course, I also have access to decent taps, so that probably plays into my feelings some.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I want one for my ZJ's automatic, maybe compress the latch to use it like the button/safety switch.

Or can I just defeat the safety switch?

Off to some Jeep forums to look (although I've been to some on others and the folks there usually wrong on basic stuff- not too good some of the bigger name forums).

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I just bought a jeep this past winter on my vacation to florida, its 97 grand cherokee laredo. The only reason I bought it is because its in great shape and it was a good price. I was going to leave it stock but I've changed my plans. I dont know much about jeeps at all and was hoping some of you could help. I want to lift it in the next few weeks, does anyone know how much lift I would need to clear 35s? Also if anybody has any aftermarket parts that will fit it and would like to sell let me know. thanks

I would go to rough country's website and see what it says. I would say at least 5.5 inches, if not more. You are going to be talking 2,000 in parts and tires doing it correctly.

Top Bottom