• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    If you've got the time and $, I'd not put add a leafs on the crappy stock springs.
    Better IMHO to just put better springs in at the start.

And since it is an XJ............beef up your steering box area before you wheel it.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    If you've got the time and $, I'd not put add a leafs on the crappy stock springs.
    Better IMHO to just put better springs in at the start.

And since it is an XJ............beef up your steering box area before you wheel it.

I plan to go with new leaf packs. When. I got the jeep the guy had already bought the add a leaf kit and installed the front. I just put them in there for now until I get the new leaf packs. I have owned and wheeled xj/mj's for a while, I have plans for many things before really wheeling it. I an working on getting all the small things fixed first. Just ordered my other wheel bearing and tie rod end.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    still putting out less light than i am. and thats vs the 130w high beam.

there are inexpensive and easy to install HID projectors available now. IMO really no reason to try and "make do" with halogen reflector housings

I tried the DIY the projector install, wasn't happy with end results.

Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    f3dzr4.jpg

2r73d3o.jpg

fun day on the RTI ramp

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    Getting there, though far from done. This won't be anything big but with will be a great work vehicle and weekend toy. A guy at work has a lockrite for sale that I am picking up when he brings it in for the front.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    Is anyone planning to attend WERock at the Badlands in Attica the 28th? I keep going back and forth if I want to go or not since I have little vacation left and am supposed to work that day.

cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Anyone know of a good shop to do custom work around Lafayette? Need to finish up my 4runner and after 3 years I've given up hope on doing it myself.

cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I have some welding I need to finish, and get a DOM tie rod and drag link made, and threaded, and have the brake lines mounted, anddd have a square tube d/s made, anndddddd cut and weld my shock tower brace, anddddddd fill my air shocks, and there's some more small b/s because its been sitting for so long

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    So I have a issue I am trying to think out. Do I keep my XJ with almost 200k stock, spend money on a lift/tires/ etc that I won't get back if something happens on the road that is my fault or do I sell it and spend some of the money I was going to spend on the lift and tires and some of savings and get a loan on a already lifted JKU that is worth what I would pay for it stock? I know the owner of the JKU and he put good stuff on it. Having payments is the hold up. If I was to get my XJ to the point where this JKU is, I would be spending upwards of 5k in parts. I already have a friend who wants my XJ if I do go with the JKU.

whiteoak1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2013
    nashville
    I have an 02 wrangler sahara 4.0l 5sp with 3 inch pro comp lift and 33 inch tires. Love taking doors and top off and driving around the back roads of brown county where I live.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    So I have a issue I am trying to think out. Do I keep my XJ with almost 200k stock, spend money on a lift/tires/ etc that I won't get back if something happens on the road that is my fault or do I sell it and spend some of the money I was going to spend on the lift and tires and some of savings and get a loan on a already lifted JKU that is worth what I would pay for it stock? I know the owner of the JKU and he put good stuff on it. Having payments is the hold up. If I was to get my XJ to the point where this JKU is, I would be spending upwards of 5k in parts. I already have a friend who wants my XJ if I do go with the JKU.

I don't wheel things with payments still attached

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area

Send me a pm. I can get you set up with 2 inch lift for your xj for dirt cheap! I've got spair parts I have no use for.

Personally I couldn't bring myself to beat on something I've spent that kind of money on. Also I was always told not to finance toys, motorcycles excluded because to me that's not really a toy.

I don't wheel things with payments still attached

I agree with this statement.

Top Bottom