• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Thought I'd ask here before I go to naxja and cherokee forums. Is there a difference between the cheaper SLE kits ($169) and the more expensive ones ($250-300)?

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well, finally had a day to work on my back brakes. Of course I twisted off the brake line on one of the wheels so will have to replace brake lines now. I am putting all new brake parts on so I might as well replace the brake lines while I am at it.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Made a trip to pik a part today and scored an XJ front drive shaft for when I install an SLE.

08773201-4B35-43FC-B6C8-B33B0AED820A.jpg

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Going to work on steering box bracing and whatnot...maybe cut fenders...

...if anybody wants to come hang out...

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Thought I'd ask here before I go to naxja and cherokee forums. Is there a difference between the cheaper SLE kits ($169) and the more expensive ones ($250-300)?

Not a fan of those forums (or NAGCA either). Lots of BS on there.
    BTW, what is a "SLE" ??

Do you mean "SYE" ?

I ran two different XJ's with about 5" of lift and no SYE. No vibe issues either (did change to RE adjustable lower C arms though, and dropped the T case an inch). Proly kinda nice if you blast a rear shaft and have a SYE.........................can remove and still drive it without spillage.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Over the weekend, I started installing the KC windshield mounted lights my wife got me for Christmas.

I started to drill under the dash into the firewall so I can run ground for the light switch. Worked out pretty good, until I notice a liquid pouring out from under my jeep.

Closer inspection revealed I drilled into the rear windshield fluid line. (I used to have a factory installed hardtop) Crap crap CRAP!!

I had to splice it back together with a brass piece. So far it's not leaking.

The windshield lights look good though. :D

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    specs on the lift? I wanna do a lift similar to that to mine.

Savvy/Currie 4" suspension with aluminum double adjustable Johnny Joint control arms, aluminum front currie Antirock, front and rear adjustable track bar, Currie Currectlync heavy duty steering, OME shocks, and Rokmen rear coil spring relocation kit, and AA SYE with Tom Woods rear driveshaft.

Top Bottom