• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    That they do and cheap tires are generally cheap for a reason. I learned the hard way with Treadwright junk.

my treadwright are awesome till my tie rod ate up my front tires, but they dont have 33x12.5x15.

Are 15" rims going to the waste side? Are a different size rim going to give me more tires to choose from, and maybe from a better price point at that?

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    15s are cheapest tires still. Still not dead and many love them. I cant fit them over my brakes or I would have done em.

My Treadwrights (Guard Dogs) made swampers sound good. The alarm clock howl was horrid. So bad when I took them off, my wife finally heard my exhaust and said it was too loud. She never noticed it due to the sound of the TW. The performance...ok. The looks...awful. The new Bead to Bead they are doing is just so you dont know the carcass. I asked and they can no longer ensure you get all 3 ply sidewalls. Could be dangerous if carcasses are mixed and matched. Their good warranty is not so good from all reading I have done. Personally know of 3 failures in past year or so, while I can't think of any other in the groups I wheel with.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    15s are cheapest tires still. Still not dead and many love them. I cant fit them over my brakes or I would have done em.

My Treadwrights (Guard Dogs) made swampers sound good. The alarm clock howl was horrid. So bad when I took them off, my wife finally heard my exhaust and said it was too loud. She never noticed it due to the sound of the TW. The performance...ok. The looks...awful. The new Bead to Bead they are doing is just so you dont know the carcass. I asked and they can no longer ensure you get all 3 ply sidewalls. Could be dangerous if carcasses are mixed and matched. Their good warranty is not so good from all reading I have done. Personally know of 3 failures in past year or so, while I can't think of any other in the groups I wheel with.

still got the guard dogs? I had the 235/75/15 crawlers....snow or muddy hills, I made it through. Only time I got stuck was the watery mudhole...a jk on 35" also got stuck there earlier in the day and I didn't know about it until after I got stuck. If they had crawlers in 33/12.5/15, I'd get them.

I don't make much money, so chipping in $700-$1k for a set of tires is tough.

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    33 12.50 15 Goodyear Duratrac. with all savings through DTD are about $763 and $90 back in Visa Cards so $673 shipped to your door for 4. Great performing and lasting tire. Seen them do well on trails all over. They actually are good in winter and rain.

$670 for Nankang Mud Star, but GY is a far better tire all around.

I get the money thing. My truck is basically a toy and I have 2 kids and a wife at home to support on a measely state govt income, but there are ways. Side work, buy n sell stuff, overtime. You buy something like the GY that will last and its proven to be cheaper in the long run for me. The TW mistake was a serious loss cause I could only stand them a year and a buyer was not easy to find, but they are gone and I am glad.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    33 12.50 15 Goodyear Duratrac. with all savings through DTD are about $763 and $90 back in Visa Cards so $673 shipped to your door for 4. Great performing and lasting tire. Seen them do well on trails all over. They actually are good in winter and rain.

$670 for Nankang Mud Star, but GY is a far better tire all around.

I get the money thing. My truck is basically a toy and I have 2 kids and a wife at home to support on a measely state govt income, but there are ways. Side work, buy n sell stuff, overtime. You buy something like the GY that will last and its proven to be cheaper in the long run for me. The TW mistake was a serious loss cause I could only stand them a year and a buyer was not easy to find, but they are gone and I am glad.

Goodyear Duratrac all terrains, no?

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas

Hybrid. Seem to work as well or better as any MT. No Swamper, but not much other than Pitbull is. I watched them outperform KM2s at the Badlands a few weeks ago. Know a couple JK guys that switched from Duratracs to an MT then switched back. Never heard anyone say they did not work around here.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Hybrid. Seem to work as well or better as any MT. No Swamper, but not much other than Pitbull is. I watched them outperform KM2s at the Badlands a few weeks ago. Know a couple JK guys that switched from Duratracs to an MT then switched back. Never heard anyone say they did not work around here.

looks like they would cake up to easy, I was also reading that it's only a 2 ply sidewall which make it more vulnerable to puncture...

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I had to use the jeep to take my oldest daughter to school yesterday, and on the way back from Columbus to Nashville, I saw a couple opportunity to get dirty.

1492459_10153998266395112_196646775851497193_o_zpsc47e127c.jpg

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis

Duratracs get good reviews all around except for the 2ply sidewalls (off road) but good in snow. I put BF Goodrich All Terrains on my other vehicle and they are squirrelly on ice and even wet roads and they pack up with snow pretty easy. Since it is my road vehicle I might try the Duratracs next time.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I like my MTR's.
    Hell they've lasted longer than my BFG AT's.
    Noisy though, and a bit rougher ride.

Don't really wheel anymore (can't afford to break). Do take the POS onto hunting spots, MTRs great in the crap.
    A bit expensive to burn on pavement though (but get around 40 K out of a set).

If I go up a size I'll probably go with Duratracs.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I like my MTR's.
    Hell they've lasted longer than my BFG AT's.
    Noisy though, and a bit rougher ride.

Don't really wheel anymore (can't afford to break). Do take the POS onto hunting spots, MTRs great in the crap.
    A bit expensive to burn on pavement though (but get around 40 K out of a set).

If I go up a size I'll probably go with Duratracs.

For the longest while, I debated MTR and Cooper STT....I may go with STT in 35"

Top Bottom