• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I really appreciate this post. While browsing any given site, I always hated gratuitous cop-bashing threads most of all, because they destroy a bond of trust that must exist (IMO) in order for the part highlighted above to become reality. It becomes difficult, if not impossible to discuss Constitutional issues that I consider of vital importance when someone has an axe to grind against LEOs. Through articles, postings, and private off-duty conversations I've been reminded, in so many words, "Understand this. We don't make the law - we enforce the law. If you really have a problem with this particular issue, get the law changed (or repealed)." The place to do that is in the legislature. (Some suggest the judiciary, but I don't agree.)
    My best friend and main shootin' buddy is a LEO/armorer/collector/hunter and competitive shooter (when he has the time). Many instructors I've met or trained with have LE backgrounds. I never wanted that job and have never been disrespectful to an LEO at the side of the road or anywhere else. I actually enjoy talking to my Sheriff, like the two before him, when he signs my Form 4s. He trusts me and I trust him and that's all that matters.

Thanks for the positive post. I would +REP if I hadn't already!

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Really? That's what you consider bashing? Do you think that if you aren't being praised and thanked for doing the job you chose, you are being bashed?

Hey, didn't call it bashing or say that there was something anti-LE in the post. Just could have very easily turned into the turning point in the thread. I'm glad to see that it did not go that way.

And who said anything about praise or thanks? I do my job because I love it and there is nothing else that I would rather do!

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    i agree cop bashing for the sake of cop bashing is wrong. ive worked with a lot of leos over the years and most of them are great people. however when they break the oath they took and become badge heavy they need more than bashed. any one who takes that oath should mean it and be above reproach. they swore to serve and protect and as long as they do that they have my respect but when they break that trust and think thier job is arrest beat tase etc etc i have no respect at all for that individual.

darrent

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Muncie, Indiana
    i agree cop bashing for the sake of cop bashing is wrong. ive worked with a lot of leos over the years and most of them are great people. however when they break the oath they took and become badge heavy they need more than bashed. any one who takes that oath should mean it and be above reproach. they swore to serve and protect and as long as they do that they have my respect but when they break that trust and think thier job is arrest beat tase etc etc i have no respect at all for that individual.

+1 :yesway:

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'm going to need someone to provide some links to this 'cop-bashing' on INGO. I don't remember ever encountering any. All I've seen is people who have been critical of those who wield great power. To not be critical of such individuals is to deny human nature & choose to be naive & trusting when no trust is warranted.

The people who issue badges hold many similarities to those who issue medical licenses...except that doctors have much more education & training for their profession. Can any of you blind-faith folks tell me that you trust every doctor, surgeon, & nurse? People are people & I'll judge each on his/her own merits...not some state certification, license, badge, etc.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I'm going to need someone to provide some links to this 'cop-bashing' on INGO. I don't remember ever encountering any. All I've seen is people who have been critical of those who wield great power. To not be critical of such individuals is to deny human nature & choose to be naive & trusting when no trust is warranted.

The people who issue badges hold many similarities to those who issue medical licenses...except that doctors have much more education & training for their profession. Can any of you blind-faith folks tell me that you trust every doctor, surgeon, & nurse? People are people & I'll judge each on his/her own merits...not some state certification, license, badge, etc.

Ok, what ever happened to simply believing in the good in humanity? According to your policy of "not trusting until trust is warranted", I should put everyone I deal with in handcuffs because, I should assume the worst of them?

Thank God you most likely work at a burger king and the biggest decesion you will ever have to make is if it is time to throw the fries out and make new.;)

Oh, and thanks for the negative rep on my previous post.

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Thank God you most likely work at a burger king and the biggest decesion you will ever have to make is if it is time to throw the fries out and make new.;)

Mercy, whining about so-called anti-cop posts, then you throw out a slam like this? Says much about you. I'm guessing you are the kind of cop that people make those negative posts about, judging by your attitude so far. Here's a clue... it's not because you are a cop.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Ok, what ever happened to simply believing in the good in humanity? According to your policy of "not trusting until trust is warranted", I should put everyone I deal with in handcuffs because, I should assume the worst of them?

Wow.

You come on this site, not even a member for a month, and start lecturing us about how we conduct ourselves on this site, especially on the issue of LEO, one of the most "hot button" topics on this forum. Seriously???

Furthermore, it only takes 3 pages until you start personally insulting the very people you just lectured about respecting officers, after directly stating your profession as an officer. Now I don't know how you look at things, but this isn't the side of the road....you don't have absolute control. You can't demand respect then treat the members without it - perhaps a new concept to you?

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I'm going to need someone to provide some links to this 'cop-bashing' on INGO. I don't remember ever encountering any. All I've seen is people who have been critical of those who wield great power. .

We've deleted or closed more than a few threads because discussion migrated from "being critical" of the actions of one person to painting the profession as a whole with a very broad brush. I'm not going to take the time to look up specific threads, but please trust me when I say it happens often enough that it's one of the handful of things we moderators keep an open eye on.

That's unwarranted, smiley or not.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I might as well go ahead and call it....

ibtl3dd.jpg

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I do admit that it was unwarranted and have been discussing the issue civilly with all of the other posters in this thread. However, being a new member, I found it uncalled for that I recieved negative rep on a post simply because he did not agree with it. I have treated everyone else in this entire forum with nothing but respect.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Mercy, whining about so-called anti-cop posts, then you throw out a slam like this? Says much about you. I'm guessing you are the kind of cop that people make those negative posts about, judging by your attitude so far. Here's a clue... it's not because you are a cop.

Kinda dissapointed in this post. You and I have not seen eye to eye in this post and others and it has always been civil. I'm not whining about anything. Simply asking that you judge the actions of the individual. If you don't like me, that's cool. But don't assume all cops have the traits that you find undesireable in me.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have treated everyone else in this entire forum with nothing but respect.

Except you apparently have a disdain for fast food workers (an admittedly menial job). It's interesting that you used the same broad brush that you mentioned in your first post in the thread. If a person's making an honest living, what difference does it make how they do it?

Manan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    West Central
    I think we all support good law enforcement officers. I was a cop for 20 years. Unfortunately, the job attracts a few guys that allow the power that the people have granted to the badge to go to their heads. You have met them. Also, unfortunately, as human beings when everything goes right there is nothing to talk about. Just like everybody else we tend to talk about the missteps and problems.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom