• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Recently I was at an area gun store, the clerk had talked a customer into what looked like a small two shot 22. He sold it to him based on how easy it was to conceal. I heard the customer ask the clerk if he had any personal defense 22 ammo for it. I just shook my head. I didn't even stick around for the clerk's response. This was clearly a customer who should have received a free hammer with purchase so he would have a chance to defend himself if the need arises.

Last edited:

Davis0023

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    NorthCentral Indiana
    A HIT with a 25acp is better than a Miss with a 45acp. Most people dont want to be shot, so the loud pop or first hit will stop the threat or make it rethink. Yes, there are exceptions.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    A HIT with a 25acp is better than a Miss with a 45acp. Most people dont want to be shot, so the loud pop or first hit will stop the threat or make it rethink. Yes, there are exceptions.

Another common "justification" for carrying sub-standard calibers. Is the .25 ACP somehow intrinsically more accurate than a .45 ACP? Why would I miss with the .45 but hit with the .25? Why don't we be intellectually honest and compare a hit to a hit and a miss to a miss?

Why not just save a lot of money and effort and carry a starter pistol if all you want is noise?

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    ...Not sure if I have told this story before. I had a call to a domestic. Enroute it turned into a shots fired. Upon arrival we found a black male laying face up in the front lawn. Upon inspection we found him to be bleeding from the chest. I assumed he was unconscious or dead.No, he had taken a full mag from a .25 to the chest, walked outside layed down and fell asleep. The rounds that hit him in the sternum just broke the skin and stopped, the others didn't do much damage....

Quoted to emphasize the mighty power that is the .25 ACP.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Again if you carry a .25acp, you must aim at EYES, THROAT, or TEMPLE

Yeah, that seems like a much better defense option than carrying a adequate caliber and aiming center mass. :rolleyes:

"I know you're trying to assault/kill me, but could you please hold still so I can get a good sight picture of your eye?"

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The .25acp is a back-up gun to your carry gun

The .25 isn't any more effective because its the second gun you pull. If I wouldn't trust it as my primary, wtf would I trust it when I'm behind the power curve because my primary is out of the fight?

Again if you carry a .25acp, you must aim at EYES, THROAT, or TEMPLE

Again, it's ridiculous to rely on hitting a target roughly the size of a quarter under real world encounter conditions.

With the plethora of quality handguns chambered in .380, 9mm, and .38+P out there that are extremely compact yet shootable there is still no reason to carry a .25.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The .25 isn't any more effective because its the second gun you pull. If I wouldn't trust it as my primary, wtf would I trust it when I'm behind the power curve because my primary is out of the fight?

Again, it's ridiculous to rely on hitting a target roughly the size of a quarter under real world encounter conditions.

With the plethora of quality handguns chambered in .380, 9mm, and .38+P out there that are extremely compact yet shootable there is still no reason to carry a .25.

You just never learn. :dunno:

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    There's millions of 25acp guns made, guess people were buying them

That just proves that millions of people are ignorant. Not stupid, just not educated or well informed. Remember the Yugo? A lot of them were made. I've heard some horror stories there too.

Top Bottom