• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MADE IN AMERICA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Im 19 and i carry a glock 17 i do have a permit to carry. only problem i have with this is buying ammo. I think any one that has a Permit to carry should be allowed to buy hangun ammuntion. kindda silly how an 18 year old can go buy a 50cal. and ammo. but i cant even buy 22 rounds. im big on 22. 9mm 7.62x54R and lookin for a 7.62x38R.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Im 19 and i carry a glock 17 i do have a permit to carry. only problem i have with this is buying ammo. I think any one that has a Permit to carry should be allowed to buy hangun ammuntion. kindda silly how an 18 year old can go buy a 50cal. and ammo. but i cant even buy 22 rounds. im big on 22. 9mm 7.62x54R and lookin for a 7.62x38R.

You can buy .22 if it's for a rifle, hell, you can buy 9mm if it's for a rifle.

Bohica

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Makes as much sense as being old enough to die for your country but not old enough to walk into a bar and buy a cold beer.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    The law is in place to solve a problem. And that problem is that it helps to prevent you under 21 people from buying up all of the handgun ammo before I can get to it!

Yay! More for me! :rockwoot:

Really now, I'm not sure what that law is supposed to accomplish effectively.

MADE IN AMERICA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    you know it id be buyin skids of 22 and 9 mm lol if you have a permit u had a background check and all if i can carry i just think i should be able to buy ammo. im goin to start collecting mosins and the revolvers. and stock up on ammo as well. gun shows there so busy with sells they dont really look at ID's ive only got one box of 9mm from a gun show cuz it was 7 bucks a box.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Is it law you can't buy the ammo, or just store policy???

Nothing restricting purchase, only the sale by an FFL.

There is a Federal law which restricts FFLs from selling handguns or ammo for use in a handgun to anyone under 21. Some store policies restrict their own sales even further.

Anyone else can sell or give handguns and ammo to an 18 year old unless they live in a state which has raised that age.

MADE IN AMERICA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    day i turned 18 i went online got the work done got finger prints done and the next gun show got a glock 17 and bout 6 weeks got my permit in the mail and ever since then had my gun on me.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    If you are 18, you can vote. If you can vote, you can help put an end to an absurd law that prevents you from buying ammunition for the handgun which another law allows you to carry concealed.

If you could not enter the military until you were 21, our armed forces would struggle to get as many men and women to enlist, as many of them do so straight out of high school, when other prospects are slim. It angers me that you can fight and die for your country, at 18, but you cannot buy ammo to defend yourself on US soil. No matter how you slice it, that's WRONG!

:patriot:

Top Bottom