• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I don't know how you keep an airport open if the enemy has it in range of tube artillery or free flight rockets.
    By having the best air force in the world?:dunno:

AlienatedTestyFritillarybutterfly-size_restricted.gif

If the talibans start to shoot mortar rounds at US Marines protecting the airport they will be destroyed from the air.

The talibans probably don't want to attack the last place defended by US troops and risk losing the entire country.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    If NPR is going after him, then someone must have a plan to resurrect Stalin and appoint him president.

I'm starting to think Joe is going to be gone before Christmas. which honestly surprises me. I figured he'd be around to ram rod through all sorts of new horrors, then leave.
    You misspelled “camela”.

For the record, I think he could be gone next week, if we’re really considering all the possibilities.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm not so sure. The media in general has been much harder on Biden than I expected. I 100% expected the Obama treatment where he could literally do no wrong, ever, so help them, Barack. Amen.
    It started out that way, but it's gotten to the point where even they can't help but notice what a **** show it's turned into.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    You misspelled “camela”.

For the record, I think he could be gone next week, if we’re really considering all the possibilities.

She's not nearly far enough left for the media's taste or the taste of their electorate from what I can see. The party is still upset that they didn't run Bernie!

I would really be shocked if he's out that quickly. I really thought they'd use him a puppet for as long as they could since he has absolutely no future after this term. He's not going to live long enough (or have the health) to even have speaking tours or book signings.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

If the talibans start to shoot mortar rounds at US Marines protecting the airport they will be destroyed from the air.

The talibans probably don't want to attack the last place defended by US troops and risk losing the entire country.
    They have the US on the run and they are close to their objective of finally getting the US out of Afghanistan. They would be foolish to jeopardize anything at this point and risk an escalation.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    It started out that way, but it's gotten to the point where even they can't help but notice what a **** show it's turned into.

I actually saw the opposite. The media was pretty widely reporting on all of the unhappy people not getting their 2 stacks after subtracting Trump's previous partial stack. Lots of reporting about the insane cost of housing and the other basic materials for most of the year too.

Now... They're nowhere near the Trump treatment, but any criticism at all is shocking for me to see. For 8 years Obama actively sabotaged this country and the media said nothing or defended it.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

That "should" be the correct answer. Except that our fantastic air force has no place to base operations from, since we vacated the Bagram air base between-days per appeasement agreement with the Taliban.

I appreciate your friendly attempt to make excuses for us, but unfortunately, it actually turns out that the US just really is precisely as stupid as we appear to be in this situation. It is hard to believe. But this is one of those things where the truth is stranger than fiction could ever be.

It appears that any Americans who get out prior to the end of August, will either have to be rescued by Brits and French commandos, or else they will have to put tablecloths on their heads and "Flight 93" their way to the airport themselves, if they have sufficient ammo and can shoot their way out.

The path to freedom for them resembles a 2-mile-long USPSA stage, with lots of poppers and steel.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I actually saw the opposite. The media was pretty widely reporting on all of the unhappy people not getting their 2 stacks after subtracting Trump's previous partial stack. Lots of reporting about the insane cost of housing and the other basic materials for most of the year too.

Now... They're nowhere near the Trump treatment, but any criticism at all is shocking for me to see. For 8 years Obama actively sabotaged this country and the media said nothing or defended it.
    I remember Don Lemmon pitching him some pretty softball questions though. But the bloom is off the rose for sure.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm not so sure. The media in general has been much harder on Biden than I expected. I 100% expected the Obama treatment where he could literally do no wrong, ever, so help them, Barack. Amen.
    That's what makes us think Biden's political obit has already been written

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    They have the US on the run and they are close to their objective of finally getting the US out of Afghanistan. They would be foolish to jeopardize anything at this point and risk an escalation.

Yep.
    Plus it's not the US alone, a lot of NATO troops are the airport.
    Some countries brought troops back to secure the airport in order evacuate their diplomatic staff.

France deployed Special Forces at the Kabul airport a few days ago.

000_9L96AV.jpg

OMU56MKWLNAFTATWOM5BWE362Y.jpg

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If they start shelling that airport, everybody's ass is in the wind because there isn't much shelter

I hope they all have a plan to bomb the **** out of these wahoos if that happens - Linebacker 3.0

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I think that was the plan, but the stupidity has made him radioactive

The thing is that I have no belief at all that he's calling any shots, so this is the stupidity of the party itself and I don't believe they're even close to being this stupid. There has to be some plan here that just isn't obvious to me at the moment.

That's what makes us think Biden's political obit has already been written

I agree... But what's the plan here? Using and abusing him until at least the midterms is what would have made sense.

I remember Don Lemmon pitching him some pretty softball questions though. But the bloom is off the rose for sure.

You're talking about one of the biggest cheerleaders of the left. There will always be zealots, and we have ours too, but anything being said critical at all of this administration on CNN, MSNBC, NPR, etc is something I would have said was impossible 12 months ago but that actually hasn't been the case.

Yep.
    Plus it's not the US alone, a lot of NATO troops are the airport.
    Some countries brought troops back to secure the airport in order evacuate their diplomatic staff.

I cannot help but see the humor in Biden being the one to get NATO to pull more of their own weight after Trump screaming about it for 4 years. I'm positive this isn't' quite what Trump had in mind though...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    That "should" be the correct answer. Except that our fantastic air force has no place to base operations from, since we vacated the Bagram air base between-days per appeasement agreement with the Taliban.

I appreciate your friendly attempt to make excuses for us, but unfortunately, it actually turns out that the US just really is precisely as stupid as we appear to be in this situation. It is hard to believe. But this is one of those things where the truth is stranger than fiction could ever be.

It appears that any Americans who get out prior to the end of August, will either have to be rescued by Brits and French commandos, or else they will have to put tablecloths on their heads and "Flight 93" their way to the airport themselves, if they have sufficient ammo and can shoot their way out.

The path to freedom for them resembles a 2-mile-long USPSA stage, with lots of poppers and steel.
    I believe even if the USAF is no longer capable to operate in the region they still bring fear to the enemy.

Decades of war in the region taught the talibans that you don't shoot at US troops without getting shot by hellfire missiles soon after.

Fighters jets from NATO countries can be over Kabul in 30 minutes if they take off from the UAE.
    I think.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The thing is that I have no belief at all that he's calling any shots, so this is the stupidity of the party itself and I don't believe they're even close to being this stupid. There has to be some plan here that just isn't obvious to me at the moment.

I agree... But what's the plan here? Using and abusing him until at least the midterms is what would have made sense.

You're talking about one of the biggest cheerleaders of the left. There will always be zealots, and we have ours too, but anything being said critical at all of this administration on CNN, MSNBC, NPR, etc is something I would have said was impossible 12 months ago but that actually hasn't been the case.

I cannot help but see the humor in Biden being the one to get NATO to pull more of their own weight after Trump screaming about it for 4 years. I'm positive this isn't' quite what Trump had in mind though...
    NATO always thought the US had their back.

...under Biden, they're not so sure.

Top Bottom