• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I drink Miller Lite all the time. That was his common man drink.

Then he got a toast.

He also got one shot of this...because I am a boilermaker...

I can't find it anymore....made by a winery in WV...and I bought all they had in WV when I was there last. I live it and it's my last bottle. It's my favorite Rye whisky...who am I kidding...it's my favorite whisky....never seen another one colorless....made by a WV winery that I don't even know is still there.

Attachments

• 20210831_190252.jpg
      20210831_190252.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 9

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Realistically, do they know how many they left behind or is it speculation using the same team that provided the info that led the US to where we are now?

I didn't watch the speech, but I would imagine that they just want to set the narrative for big media to start beating "the truth" into the American public.
    Maybe the taliban told them how many they still had from the list Obiden gave them…

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just thinking out loud here... If Harry Truman had blockaded West Berlin in 1948, the Berlin Airlift wouldn't be a big part of USAF history. That's because we'd have caused the problem that required an airlift.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Realistically, do they know how many they left behind or is it speculation using the same team that provided the info that led the US to where we are now?

I didn't watch the speech, but I would imagine that they just want to set the narrative for big media to start beating "the truth" into the American public.

It's speculation. The US gov't doesn't track your movement. When you go to a foreign country it is up to you to check in (usually done electronically these days) with the US embassy there. You can sign up for alerts, etc. It is completely optional. Unless you check in with your 'stay dates' they don't know you are in any given country on any given day.

Per an insider, US citizens have been told to leave since at least April. I think maybe they also got caught with their pants down about how rapidly the Afghan gov't collapsed, but at some point the citizens have to own up to their decisions as well. Kind of like the folks who stay in a hurricane's path despite being told of the danger.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Reference the dogs, from an insider:

The dogs are an issue. The military doesn't accept animals on NEOs, whether they're a working animal or pet. There's lots of local staff the world over who have taken on diplomats' pets during times of crisis and taken care of them until they were able to either ship them out on behalf of the evacuated American or care for them until the American staff returned. Right now there's another issue with diplo-doggos, as there's a big rabies outbreak and you're not allowed to bring your animal to the US from many countries with no exemption for our own diplomats and other official personnel, or any consideration as to whether the dog is vaccinated and originated from the US to begin with. So, lots of people are handing over their pets to incoming families or local staff until they can get their furry friends out of country XYZ.

Back to Kabul...

From what I've heard, they're contract working dogs and were supposed to be euthanized on the tarmac prior to departure.

From what I've heard, the contactor responsible for doing it didn't have the stomach for it.

Listen, I get that killing animals is tough, but I'd rather kill those dogs myself in a humane manner than let the Taliban kill them in whatever sloppy inhumane manner they choose.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm sure everyone else in here would have had a better idea.

I think a Magic 8-ball would have had a pretty solid chance of having a better idea.

I understand you're just trolling, but if you want to learn something read the SIGAR reports I posted very early in this thread:

Tell me that with that information you couldn't have made better decisions. There was a lot of incompetence, apathy, and ignoring of reality that lead to this. Not just from Biden, not even just from this administration, but Biden & Co royally screwed this exit up, period.

Top Bottom