Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    There in is the problem.

Yet we used to have a whole raft of classifications for the mentally ill that we were allowed to identify and keep them off the streets as a hazard to themselves and others. As it is now we just await their fatal meltdown. People may call it what they will, not calling it the spade it is is just awaiting the next shooting and engaging in handwringing saying we can't call it that spade.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When that is brought up the conversation goes to..
    But if they couldn't get a gun..
    Oh, you mean like no one gets drugs anymore cause they're illegal?..
    Oh, so we should get rid of all laws?..
    Let me explain malum prohibitum vs. malum in se.

I'm getting worn out from these knuckleheads.

You will not sway them. They are incapable of much independent thought. Hive minds are impenetrable.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    While the cost of armed security in schools would be an issue, I bet there are plenty of old farts like me who are retired and would volunteer to be a school guard for free. Also, I believe in Israel the teachers are armed and trained. I would be 100% for that and frankly, can't see why we as a country would not pursue such an obvious solution.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yet we used to have a whole raft of classifications for the mentally ill that we were allowed to identify and keep them off the streets as a hazard to themselves and others. As it is now we just await their fatal meltdown. People may call it what they will, not calling it the spade it is is just awaiting the next shooting and engaging in handwringing saying we can't call it that spade.

2 words sir......Politically correct.

Run with it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    While the cost of armed security in schools would be an issue, I bet there are plenty of old farts like me who are retired and would volunteer to be a school guard for free. Also, I believe in Israel the teachers are armed and trained. I would be 100% for that and frankly, can't see why we as a country would not pursue such an obvious solution.

Having met so many of my kids and their kids teachers there is no way they should ever own a gun.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis

Absolutely right. And yes teachers should be trained. Problem is too many are serious lib's who can't bring themselves to even think about handling an evil, threatening, sickening gun

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This crap gets so old so fast. Lets for once leave this and the other POTUS out of this one. If you want to do that feel free to start a thread. Please. This is not the time or place.

How about from here on out? Because, obviously, my comment isn't (by far) the first time such a sentiment as been relayed. I, at least, added purple to indicate the ridiculousness of the idea.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How about from here on out? Because, obviously, my comment isn't (by far) the first time such a sentiment as been relayed. I, at least, added purple to indicate the ridiculousness of the idea.

I saw and get that Kut but not here. Please. Just for once lets leave that dog outside. Kids are hurt. The gun community will again be in a bad light. We can and will discuss all of this in another thread.

Thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom