A&E Relents: 'Duck Dynasty' to Resume Filming...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I am sure the DD on A&E page is actually an A&E network page for the show. What I was merely pointing out that only about 600k fans "like" the facebook page for the network while 7 million fans "like" the DD page. More people tune into the network for DD then the other shows on the network. Ratings confirms that they have one of the highest rated shows on TV. Ratings = more money for commercials, more money for commercials = more money for network, the more ratings the show has = the more bargaining power the people on that particular show has. It all comes down to $ and in the TV world money = ratings.

For the record, the "Duck Commander" facebook page has 1.5 million likes. That page is ran and owned by the Robertson's.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    I just think it's awesome that somebody said something, DIDN'T say he was sorry, and life went on. So sick of the headline "So and so said this or that"

Why is a celebrity saying anything considered news???

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I am sure the DD on A&E page is actually an A&E network page for the show. What I was merely pointing out that only about 600k fans "like" the facebook page for the network while 7 million fans "like" the DD page. More people tune into the network for DD then the other shows on the network. Ratings confirms that they have one of the highest rated shows on TV. Ratings = more money for commercials, more money for commercials = more money for network, the more ratings the show has = the more bargaining power the people on that particular show has. It all comes down to $ and in the TV world money = ratings.

For the record, the "Duck Commander" facebook page has 1.5 million likes. That page is ran and owned by the Robertson's.

I'm guessing the network makes more off the Walmart duck hunters than the commercials. Many of the people popping up to "stand with Phil" were talking about buying DD gear because it was like they didn't realize Duck Commander was an actual company.

While I watch the show (watched Benelli presents Duck Commander and the Under Armour Buck Commander shows too), I'd almost rather it never aired. I constantly get questions about if I like the show because of my beard. Actually had people tell me I've got a sweet Duck Dynasty beard, not really sure what that means other than good job on the not shaving for 12-ish months...but I was getting that after a couple shows into season 1.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    I've got a sweet Duck Dynasty beard, not really sure what that means other than good job on the not shaving for 12-ish months..

Don't take that for granted, I could not shave for 12 years and not get a decent beard. Hair doesnt grow on my cheeks, only below the jawline. I'd love to rock a beard but my genetics wont allow it...

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Well............
    This certainly puts a crimp in Jesse, (The Race Baiter), Jacksons plans to demand that A&E drop the Ducks altogether.
    Maybe he'll take the hint and crawl back into his slimy hole for another few months.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Well............
    This certainly puts a crimp in Jesse, (The Race Baiter), Jacksons plans to demand that A&E drop the Ducks altogether.
    Maybe he'll take the hint and crawl back into his slimy hole for another few months.

He is desperate to attempt to remain relevant. That, or he will attempt to blackmail A&E or Cracker Barrel for some money. That is his usual MO.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    A&E needed Duck Dynasty more then the Roberston's needed Duck Dynasty plain and simple. The family said, no Phil, no show, when you get 14 million people watching (and under 600k A&E facebook fans and 7 million Duck Dynasty on A&E facebook fans), money talks. This next season is in the bag already, A&E is tucking their tail and heading home because they couldn't stand the money they would lose if people boycotted watching the show this next season.

^^This. It's all about money. A & E make more money on that one show the the rest of their schedule combined.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    He is desperate to attempt to remain relevant. That, or he will attempt to blackmail A&E or Cracker Barrel for some money. That is his usual MO.
    He has no relevence...
    Other than what he imagines.
    Blackmail is his only weapon, and he's just about out of ammo for that gun since his own sexual transgressions and his son's criminal doings have been made public.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I have seen the merchandise and the promos. But I think I must be the only INGO member who's never watched a show. I guess I'm glad for the old boy if he's happy.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have seen the merchandise and the promos. But I think I must be the only INGO member who's never watched a show. I guess I'm glad for the old boy if he's happy.

I've never seen it either.

Wait I take that back. I watched about 10 minutes of it once. I didn't really understand why so many people like it so much :dunno:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom