A&E Relents: 'Duck Dynasty' to Resume Filming...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We've never watched the show but it's nice to see a "celebrity" stand by his word and not fold to the almighy dollar! I wouldn't be surprised to see the family tell A&E to go pound sound in the near future though.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    :+1: Exactly... this whole episode was a prime example of "the tyranny of the minority".

I don't watch the show and I really don't care what happens to it. I do get so pissed when people try to shut down a conservative voice because they disagree with it. Just so you know, I'm currently planning to ban anyone who thinks I am wrong so be careful. :nono:

Fire Lord

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Around Franklin
    I don't watch the show and I really don't care what happens to it. I do get so pissed when people try to shut down a conservative voice because they disagree with it. Just so you know, I'm currently planning to ban anyone who thinks I am wrong so be careful. :nono:

I agree. Liberals shove tolerance down our throats. Except when they don't like it. Then they try to silence all who oppose them. Oh well. Good for Phil for sticking to his beliefs.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    i like that he didn't apologize for speaking his mind even though the delicate libs were offended. I would like to know if any gay conservatives were offended by what he said. Surely we have some gays on here that could tell us how they feel about Phil and his comments.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Since the original thread on this is locked...

'Duck Dynasty' to resume filming with Phil Robertson, A&E announces | Fox News

Now, we can start concentrating on important issues like some bill, with no binding measures, that purports to allow Israel to drag us into a war with Iraq.

:popcorn:

Thank God this is resolved!
    You know........ I missed the NDAA reauthorization debacle do to this issue taking up ALL of my concentration and distracting me?!
    One of my dogs died because I forgot to feed them I was so distracted. :(

I agree. Liberals shove tolerance down our throats. Except when they don't like it. Then they try to silence all who oppose them. Oh well. Good for Phil for sticking to his beliefs.

Ironic post is ironic.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Thank God this is resolved!
    You know........ I missed the NDAA reauthorization debacle do to this issue taking up ALL of my concentration and distracting me?!
    One of my dogs died because I forgot to feed them I was so distracted. :(

Oh my! That's just plain awful...It is good this was resolved, if only to save any more suffering by innocent pets.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Its sad Phil is a part time minister and only stated what his belief's were and what the bible says and it was all blown up in to something it shouldn't of been... its all about the money for A&E tho...

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I agree with Phil's right to his opinion and right to speak it. I agree with A&E's right to fire him. I agree with those who are displeased with A&E's actions right to boycott A&E. No butthurt necessary.

Pretty much sums it up.

Tolerance doesn't mean you have to agree with anyone or not speak your mind... people forget that sometimes.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I wish I were creative and inventive enough to parlay something like a duck call into a multi-million dollar industry. I'd have everything marketed I could possibly sell.

If folks don't want to buy my GFGT bandaids or eat at the GFGT bar & grill, there are plenty of alternatives.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Two years in a row A&E took a stand, Robertsons walked, and A&E caved.

"...Walmart, Sears and Cracker Barrel restaurants – which briefly removed the “Dynasty” items after Robertson’s suspension..."

Really? Can't speak for Sears, but neither Walmart nor Cracker Barrel in Bloomington/Bedford removed any "Dynasty" products. Not sure where that statement's coming from except to thinly appear to make three retailers out to be in solidarity with A&E. Weak. Didn't happen.

By the way, I predicted A&E would cave within 5 weeks in the old thread as soon as it happened. I believe a number of others called it too.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I haven't decided if it was a brilliant marketing strategy or a smoke screen. Could be a bit of both. Either way, I'm with Phil.
    I'm with you. I've heard people who had never watched DD until the Phil deal and starting watching the re-runs. Now they are hooked. I've read some comments by homosexuals who supported Phil's right to speak his mind and others who want him killed. Phil's gruff exterior is part of the charm of the show, but I hope he ponders his rough comments and considers how he breeches the topic of sin and sinners in the future. The Robertsons have always been open about the problems that they have had, including illegal drug use and immoral behavior; neither have they made a secret of their strong faith. Their "skits" are pretty funny to me and the people are endearing.

Top Bottom