2011 Indiana USPSA Championship (stages posted)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Confirmed Ergo Grips and Wilson Combat today as sponsors. Ergo is signing up as a Gold Level sponsor and Wilson sent 4 certificates for 20% off firearms!!

148 squadded up as of today!!
    http://www.uspsa.org/squadding/index.php?action=list&indx=173

Need to get your entry in, sqauds are starting to fill up

there are
    52 slots left on Saturday
    58 slots left on Sunday
    20 slots left for Sat/Sun 2 day
    and there are 21 slots available on Friday with staff

Last edited:

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    In order to cut down on the amount of PM's I am getting (which by the way going forward if you PM me I will not answer, I have attached my email address to everything for a reason, email me DO NOT PM ME)

Self Squadding, once I receive your entry with payment I will enter you into the match data base and upload you into the online squadding which will then generate a pin number and email to you so that you can go and squad yourself.

On line squadding is open to any competitor that has sent an entry with payment in. It will stay open until the week before the match.

So if you go to the USPSA website and look you will see what squads have openings
    http://www.uspsa.org/squadding/index.php?action=list&indx=173

If you have 5 of your friends want to shoot together on a certain day then you will need to get your entries in asap. Anyone wanting to shoot 2 day there are only 20 slots left, there will be no more added.

Slots are starting to fill up on Saturday and once they are full there will be no more added. It is a first come first serve.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    151 competitors registered as of today!! Already at the half way mark with 12 weeks to go to match time......let's get the entries in and fill this up to 300 shooters!!

as soon as uspsa website is back up I will get these uploaded for squadding

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Well over the half way mark = 156 signed up and several more coming my this week!!

Confirmed with Para Ord that they will be a sponsor sending a 35% off certificate for a firearms (I won one of these a couple of years ago and that is how I got my first Limited gun)

Also have confirmed TechWear USA as a Gold Level Sponsor and VZ Grips as a Silver Level Sponsor

I am just letting you know that come a week or two from now when you decide to send your entry in, the squad you want to be on with a group is going to be full!!

Get them ASAP and I will get you entered into online squadding same day I receive

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Received a big box from Choate today, they are going to be a Gold Level Sponsor!! They are a new sponsor for us this year. I met Mr' Choate at the NRA show and a nice conversation with about about USPSA which he shoots, and has for a long time.

Check them out
    http://www.riflestock.com/

Also received a couple of entries in the mail today as well, I think we should be at 159-160 now!!

Freeborn Man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Memphis, IN
    Hey Jake,

I'm looking forward to this match, looks like tons o' fun!

I was looking through the stage descriptions and was wondering what is a max trap? Yes, I'm a newbie lol.

Thanks,
    Matt

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Hey Jake,

I'm looking forward to this match, looks like tons o' fun!

I was looking through the stage descriptions and was wondering what is a max trap? Yes, I'm a newbie lol.

Thanks,
    Matt

If your name isn't Max then I wouldn't worry..:joke:

it is an activated target that by shooting a steel popper or stepping on a foot pad will cause the target that is covered by a no shoot to be exposed

like this
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK201J4RKUo[/ame]

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    If your name isn't Max then I wouldn't worry..:joke:

it is an activated target that by shooting a steel popper or stepping on a foot pad will cause the target that is covered by a no shoot to be exposed

like this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK201J4RKUo

So Jake, on stages like this, do you good shooters shoot both poppers and then shoot both targets in succession to save time?

They reacted slow enough that it looks like it would be possible.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    So Jake, on stages like this, do you good shooters shoot both poppers and then shoot both targets in succession to save time?

They reacted slow enough that it looks like it would be possible.

Some people take the head shots....then the steel
    Not me but some people

The answer to your question depends on your ability.
    I tried to shoot both poppers then the max traps and I ended up having to take a make up head shot at the end and that also costs time.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Bob Vogel went head, popper, popper, head
    but Bob Vogel is not human (actually it is a full head that was exposed and as far as risk worth reward, well he won the stage over all divisions)

Most shooters went popper, popper, paper, paper

many double tapped the poppers driving them down and getting the paper exposed faster

This is a stage that you can try and go to fast, getting one popper, missing the other one and then screwing up how you shoot the paper.
    I like stages like this, how have to be fast, and you have to get your hits on the steel.

Adding to it were the facing up range and unloaded start, so you had to turn, and then load you gun, and then start shooting.
    When you are all pumped up trying to go fast you have to have these basics down or it can be disastrous, and funny to watch.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Bob Vogel went head, popper, popper, head
    but Bob Vogel is not human (actually it is a full head that was exposed and as far as risk worth reward, well he won the stage over all divisions)

Most shooters went popper, popper, paper, paper

many double tapped the poppers driving them down and getting the paper exposed faster

This is a stage that you can try and go to fast, getting one popper, missing the other one and then screwing up how you shoot the paper.
    I like stages like this, how have to be fast, and you have to get your hits on the steel.

Adding to it were the facing up range and unloaded start, so you had to turn, and then load you gun, and then start shooting.
    When you are all pumped up trying to go fast you have to have these basics down or it can be disastrous, and funny to watch.

I watched him shoot it and I still don't belive it:)

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I saw Open shooters do the same. I asked Max why he didn't and he said he didn't even think about it.

Bob's reasoning was simple, if he didn't think he called both shots on the head, he had time after the poppers fell to make them up in the body. Made sense to me.

I'm thinking Mongo shot it this way too. I planned on it, but wussed out.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    matchregistration001.jpg

Top Bottom