2011 Indiana USPSA Championship (stages posted)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    That is just absolutely rediculous! Not like he was spraying Cs everywhere either...

I ran him on Stage 11, he had a hickup on the draw. Almost an AD but hit the C and he paused. I paused but I was on a sprint to keep up with him as he ran that stage Limited in 19.09 and the best Open shooter we has was like 18.59!

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    The Indiana USPSA Section Championship will be held again next year at the Warsaw Rifle and Pistol Club, Aug 10-12th.

After 3 years I will be stepping down as the Indiana Section Coordinator and Match Director at the end of this year. I would like to basically have everything pretty much set up for the match next year before that.

So I am looking for stage ideas for next year. Here are the guidelines

-32 round course of fire (looking for 3-4 8 round speed shoot options as well, but they need to interesting and something that will push the shooter)

-freestyle, no forbidden actions, no walls go to the ground and to infinity

-has to be able to be built basically in a couple of hours, so no great walls of China, or and entire floating pad, or you exit a spaceship, etc

-Must have OPTIONS, so not everyone is going to basically go right to left and shoot these, then these and then these (save the ***** for IDPA), think of the stages we have had over the last 3 years, lots of movement, lots of different ways to shoot them in every division, OPTIONS.

-No disappearing targets, unless you can make it worth while for them to be shot. Remember a drop turner is a pain in the butt to make work and to have the brown side hidden at start for 3+ days and 300 shooters!! Beside who comes to a match to not shoot at a target?!?!

-No gratuitous movement, what does that mean, it means you don't make a stage where you have start in the middle, have to run down to one side, shoot something, then run all the way over to the other side and shoot something. If you are moving then you need to give them something to shoot at. None of us got into shooting becuase we want to run, we got guns so we wouldn't have to run!! It is about shooting, not running

-Got to last and be bulletproof for 3+ days, for 300 shooters that range in size from 75 pound 4 foot nothing to 7 foot tall and 400+ pound tanks.

-Start position, standing with gun loaded and hands at sides is boring for 10+ stages, mix it up, have them doing something. Unloaded start, gun on barrel or in something, laying down, prone, etc

-No I don't have a theme picked out (well I do, but I don't think it would get approved and while all the men would get it, it might not go over well with the ladies) so don't worry about naming it, give it a letter, or number or your name.

send them to me
    jakemartens@comcast.net
    (just because you sent something doesn't mean it will be used, doesn't mean that it won't be used and doesn't mean that it wouldn't get changed in order to be used, if it is used you will get the credit for the stage, if it isn't then that doesn't mean it wasn't good, just might not have worked out for this match, or maybe it wasn't good.)

For next year we need someone that wants to be the Section Coordinator. How that works is that who ever steps up (and if it is more than one) gets voted on by the USPSA Match Directors in the State and will Start in Jan 2012. It is a minimum of a 2 year committment for that person as well.
    The Section Coordinator doesn't have to be the Match Director of the Section Match but as part of the job needs to ensure that there is one.
    The SC is responsible for making sure that clubs are meeting and paying their activity fee's, that they are hosting matches in compliance with the USPSA rulebook, will receive and need to pass out slots to the nationals (including Single Stack), be a source of information for new shooters and recruiting new shooters and clubs.
    From the Website:
    Our mission is to promote safe, fair and fun participation in Practical Shooting
    competition, for members of all ages and skill levels, through effective leadership, education, communication and administration.
    Encourage the growth of safe and practical shooting in our communities by presenting an annual program of practical shooting matches open to members of all ages and skill levels.
    Promote ever greater firearms safety in our communities by sharing our knowledge of safe, practical gun handling methods, techniques and ethics with others through practical shooting events open to all qualified shooters; and by promoting on-going training activities to participants in our shooting events.
    Encourage participants in the sport to devel op personal characteristics of sportsmanship, honor, intergrity and courtesy which are the hallmarks of the Practical Shooter.

Other things that were done were to promote the sport were thru the www.uspsaindiana.org website, use of facebook to promote the section, and the section match, using www.youtube.com to post videos and using web forums like www.ingunowners.com and www.brianenos.com to gain interest and shooter participation in the monthly club matches as well as the section match. There was also a table set up at the Indy 1500 to get information out on USPSA and the clubs here in the state. I believe that through these methods we have seen our numbers at club matches and the section match reach new records and will continue to grow.

Now as far as the match for next year here is what is already set:
    -Location and Dates
    -Level II, should be up on the USPSA website in the next day or so
    -Hotel (contract has been sent from Ramada)
    -STI Contigency
    -Ron Cooper donating a gun again for early entry and to have name on staff shirts
    -Equipment, Brent and Warsaw built everything that would be needed to host the match
    -Formula for a match, there are 9 bays, a place for chrono, this can allow 10-11 stages
    -Cost the $100 (+10 for shirts) worked great with the momentum from this year will have no problem for next year
    -Contacts for sponsors
    -Marc Lorey has agreed to do stats, and again handle media relations and contacts locally in Warsaw thru the convention board.

What will be needed is
    -Section Coordinator
    -Match Director, Assistant Match Director
    -Range Master
    -Prize Coordinator
    ( I already have everything needed, someone just has to send out emails, faxes, flyers and work the phones starting in Nov/Dec and following up several times over the following months)

Over the last 5 years the Section Match and the Indiana Section has been built up to a place to come shoot matches. We have hosted the largest sanctioned State/Section Championship for several years. The match has become the equal to many of the Area matches, and Matches like the Florida Open and Double Tap. We have added to that the successful Single Stack/Prodcution/Revovler Match which the 3rd one will be hosted by ACC this October. Earlier this year the Wabash Valley Open was brought back and was a very successful match.
    It is now time for some new faces to step forward, and bring new ideas and expand on was has already been established as a successful formula and continue the tradition that has been building these last 5+ years.

Top Bottom