• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Judging by the data provided by NYPD on their stop and frisk program I'd say there are likely more racists than not, whether they'd admit to or not. .................

Well that's it then, the final arbiter of who is racist has spoken. Obviously the majority of the police in NY are racists.
    Clearly because they are not in the neighborhoods where crime is the highest for ANY reason other than they are racist bastards.
    Probably most of IMPD are in on this too right?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Well that's it then, the final arbiter of who is racist has spoken. Obviously the majority of the police in NY are racists.
    Clearly because they are not in the neighborhoods where crime is the highest for ANY reason other than they are racist bastards.
    Probably most of IMPD are in on this too right?
    Well, duh.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    NYPD hasn't just picked on one demographic. They also beat up Jews sleeping in the synagogue, pregnant women, elderly Chinese jaywalkers, Latinos sitting on the sidewalk, and helpless parakeets. In virtually every instance the city covers for the brutal cops and no one faces any consequences whatsoever.

As of 2012, NYPD was stopping and searching pedestrians at a rate of 1,800 per DAY. Because they look "suspicious."

When the local government places a quota on harassing people, it is hardly controversial to teach your kid "how to take special care in any encounter he has with the police officers who are there to protect him." I mean, come on.

[video=youtube;7rWtDMPaRD8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rWtDMPaRD8[/video]

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Depends on the context. In school...yes. That would likely be racist. Out on the street in a bad neighbourhood...not so much.

So if someone's dangerous or not depends on location? Someone is "volatile" in their bad neighborhood but is on the path to righteousness once he crosses a certain coordinate on his way to school?

So, you're really saying you wouldn't consider it racist to teach a child "avoid young black men if the neighborhood is bad." So if the neighborhood is bad because of a covey of meth headed white folks, he's cool to hang out with them since that doesn't violate the advise? Seems like you ought to learn some basic police technique of profiling behavior, not race.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Depends on the context. In school...yes. That would likely be racist. Out on the street in a bad neighbourhood...not so much. The mayor also covered that issue with his kids, too, by his own comments. You guys are just choosing to ignore NYPD's history. I get it. You have to circle the wagons.

So if someone's dangerous or not depends on location? Someone is "volatile" in their bad neighborhood but is on the path to righteousness once he crosses a certain coordinate on his way to school?

So, you're really saying you wouldn't consider it racist to teach a child "avoid young black men if the neighborhood is bad." So if the neighborhood is bad because of a covey of meth headed white folks, he's cool to hang out with them since that doesn't violate the advise? Seems like you ought to learn some basic police technique of profiling behavior, not race.

Interesting, Mr. J. (ie, "bad" neighborhood = heightened RS) The Indiana CoA would disagree with you, but I'm sure they'll see the light soon.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

Nope. I'd tell my kids to be wary of everyone, regardless of colour, in a bad neighbourhood. Unfortunately, NYPD is in all neighbourhoods in NYC, so everyone has to be careful not to get in their way.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Nope. I'd tell my kids to be wary of everyone, regardless of colour, in a bad neighbourhood. Unfortunately, NYPD is in all neighbourhoods in NYC, so everyone has to be careful not to get in their way.

Be wary "of everyone" just in a "bad" neighborhood? And what constitutes a "bad" neighborhood?

So in "good" neighborhoods you only need to be wary of the NYPD?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Nope. I'd tell my kids to be wary of everyone, regardless of colour, in a bad neighbourhood.

That's not what you said. Let's take a look at the direct question and response.

Would teaching my young child to avoid young black males be racist?

Depends on the context. In school...yes. That would likely be racist. Out on the street in a bad neighbourhood...not so much.

It didn't say "everyone", it said young black males, and you were fine with it based on location. Racially profiling based on geography is not racist per your response. Obviously you've got to backpedal now as there's no way to justify that as non racist and the hypocrisy of condemning stop and frisk while advocating racial profiling as a safety precaution is just soooo rich.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    That's not what you said. Let's take a look at the direct question and response.

It didn't say "everyone", it said young black males, and you were fine with it based on location. Racially profiling based on geography is not racist per your response. Obviously you've got to backpedal now as there's no way to justify that as non racist and the hypocrisy of condemning stop and frisk while advocating racial profiling as a safety precaution is just soooo rich.

:owned:

Top Bottom