• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Can you suggest a place to pick one up for that price ? I will drive to Indy. So far around this area $835 has been the best I have found. Asked them if the could work with me and I was told that the price was 10% over and they couldn't do any better. Kind of ignored me after... I've got a itch and I intend to scratch it !!

Call Bob at Plainfield Shooting Supplies. He will have the best price on the Range Officer. Isn't Bob who you bought your Range Officer off of churchmouse?

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Kramer
    I've bought from Bob at the 1500 before. I'll call him and see what he has. Thanks for all the great feedback guys. Earlier someone asked what I was going to use it for. This will be used for range shooting.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    PSS does seem to have the best prices most often. The biggest downside of PSS is trying to get around in the shop on a weekend. It can be really tough to make your way through the crowd in there sometimes.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    PSS does seem to have the best prices most often. The biggest downside of PSS is trying to get around in the shop on a weekend. It can be really tough to make your way through the crowd in there sometimes.

Yea PSS on a weekend is very over whelming. I stopped in there on a Saturday about a month ago and there was roughly 50 people inside there. Even with all those people Bob was still singing the same song that is on the radio every time I go there. Peter Frampton "do you feel like we do"

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Bought 2 loaded's and 2 RO's from Bob.
    When he has them the prices are good.

Bought a loaded and a RO from Bob. I have owned two RO's now. I thought I liked the loaded until I got the RO. The RO was a much nicer shooter to me. I now have a RO in 9mm. Just bought it from Bob a week ago.

He seems to have the best price around. Some online prices start out a few bucks less, but pay shipping and FFL fees and you are equal to or over PSS pricing.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    You can get a new RO for just a few more dollars than the one posted in the Classifieds. I bought my last one (December 13) for $760 out the door. Look around a bit and get a new one.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^YUP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I sold my RO on INGO for close to new but it had FO sights, a Wilson spring kit, 3 extra mags and a box of ammo. With ammo the way it is now, I figure he got about $850-900 worth of product for $745. Plus mine didn't have a mark on it and the grip panels were never used.

Haven't checked the one that is referenced above but make sure you look at the total price and do an apples to apples comparison. Keep in mind tax which you will pay on a new one, but not one bought from an INGO member. Plus it may be of some value to buy a firearm "off the grid" with no form filled out.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I LOVE Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore, but lately, they've been out of guns when I want them. I was looking at a Walther PPQ and they were out for weeks on end (still are). Now I, like the OP, am looking at picking up a RO and it's out of stock. I hope they get their inventory issue addressed soon so I can spend more money there...lol!

Otherwise, the next Indy 1500 is coming up soon, so I might have to try to pick up a RO or a Sig TacOps while I'm there :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I sold my RO on INGO for close to new but it had FO sights, a Wilson spring kit, 3 extra mags and a box of ammo. With ammo the way it is now, I figure he got about $850-900 worth of product for $745. Plus mine didn't have a mark on it and the grip panels were never used.

Haven't checked the one that is referenced above but make sure you look at the total price and do an apples to apples comparison. Keep in mind tax which you will pay on a new one, but not one bought from an INGO member. Plus it may be of some value to buy a firearm "off the grid" with no form filled out.

I nearly bought yours but I already have a couple. They are our dedicated range guns.

If you are target shooting get the RO hands down. Period.
    The R1 would be a great EDC but will not run with the RO without some love.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Terre Haute Guns has a range officer in stock right now. $775 if you use cash, $795 if you use plastic. I am not affiliated with Terre Haute guns, just saw it on their web site. I have bought from them and like them.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I LOVE Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore, but lately, they've been out of guns when I want them. I was looking at a Walther PPQ and they were out for weeks on end (still are). Now I, like the OP, am looking at picking up a RO and it's out of stock. I hope they get their inventory issue addressed soon so I can spend more money there...lol!

Otherwise, the next Indy 1500 is coming up soon, so I might have to try to pick up a RO or a Sig TacOps while I'm there :)

They usually sell out of the popular ones very fast. :dunno:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I plan to be there Friday, so I'm hoping I can score a good deal. If not, Discount Guns has the SA RO for $744, which isn't horrible...

If Discount Guns is brick and mortar with no shipping and FFL fees, jump on it. If not, still not too bad like you said.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    No, unfortunately they're online:

https://www.discountgunsonline.com/...icer-45-acp-5-7-1-cocobolo-grip-blk-pi9128lp/

But with free shipping and a $15 FFL fee to USDS, it's still a good price. Hoping I'll either find a good deal at the 1500, or that Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore gets more back in stock so I can get it from there at an even better price. I'm in no hurry. I have to wait until my bonus check on the 14th in any event :)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I nearly bought yours but I already have a couple. They are our dedicated range guns.

If you are target shooting get the RO hands down. Period.
    The R1 would be a great EDC but will not run with the RO without some love.

Yeah, I probably should have kept it. The fellow I sold it to said he would just own both. My discretionary money is just not enough to keep buying guns, unfortunately.

I will keep my M&P 9 though. I can squeeze out the funds to buy the extras I need for my new RO. Like mags. Really that is all I need for it. I am going to run the factory sights that I painted orange for now and see how it works. My holster from my other RO still works and I am pretty sure the mag holder will to.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Kramer
    A friend at work showed me this site. I wanted to PM gregkl about purchasing the one he had for sale. After a registered I found out you had to have 50 posts before you can use the classifieds. By then it sounds like it was to late any how. I've made up my mind and will be the owner of a RO. Got a bad itch and it WILL be scratched.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    A friend at work showed me this site. I wanted to PM gregkl about purchasing the one he had for sale. After a registered I found out you had to have 50 posts before you can use the classifieds. By then it sounds like it was to late any how. I've made up my mind and will be the owner of a RO. Got a bad itch and it WILL be scratched.

Congrats on picking a new 1911. Hopefully you'll stick around for a while and use this for more than just the classifieds.

Besides...we want to see pics when you get your new gun!

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Kramer
    I'll for sure be here for more then just the classifieds. So far I've enjoyed the conversation and learned from others. I have a question maybe someone can answer.
    I received something called "reputation points" ...what does that mean ?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

All this chatter forced me out to the 3 LGS I hang out at. They had some OK deals but nothing in Stainless. Churchmouse wants a Stainless 1911 this time.....

Top Bottom