Your favorite Survival/Post-apoc/Disaster movies?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just saw this post in the /r/preppers subreddit.

Sounds like an interesting movie.

One guy falls asleep in the back room of a crazy party. Wakes up everyone is gone. Bloody hand prints and smears everywhere. The front door is open. He cautiously looks out and 2 zombie girls rush at him and he shuts the door quick. Then he looks outside from the 3rd floor and sees mayhem. People (neighbors, a family) trying to quietly sneak away to a car. The father gets in then the mother and daughter follow. Then daughter gets in then the mother isn’t quick enough and zombies swarm the car and get inside.

So he realizes he has to bug in. He takes stock of everything in that apartment, there isn’t much. He starts cleaning the blood off the floor when someone shoots a shotgun blast through their ceiling and through the floor right next to him. He looks down and an older man committed suicide. He then starts smashing the floor with a big pipe until there’s a hole big enough for him to drop down into the apartment below. He gets the gun, gathers up bullets, all the food, useful stuff, flashlight etc.

He leaves again goes down the stairs and secured the front door of the building. Down there he goes into the office and find the keys to all the apartments. After that he tries to scavenge the other apartments.

The rest of the entire movie is him bugging in. This might be my favorite prepper movie

https://youtu.be/p3KFnNzqyRY

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Ive always been more of a book than movie person, and with post-apocalyptic, I've listened to a lot of audiobooks.

Best Overall SHTF series:
    "The Remaining" by DJ Molle.
    Zombie-ish but more "realistic" (bacterial infections eat away much of people's brains)
    Excellent gunfighting writing, great military tactics and strategy
    Simply a very good story as well. Twists, unexpected turns and set-backs, great characters, etc.

Best Political Chaos series:
    Matt Bracken's Enemies Foreign and Domestic
    All starts with a false flag which leads to all semi autos being banned... Buy the books or audiobooks asap if you haven't read!!!

Best True Zombie series:
    Day-by-day Armageddon by JL Bourne

Best EMP/Grid Down:
    Tomorrow War by JL Bourne

Best Nuclear War Aftermath:
    Swan Song

Best Christian Post-apocalyptic:
    Six Cows Ugly and Gaunt by Mark Goodwin

Best Futuristic SHTF:
    Hell Divers by Nicholas Sansbury Smith

Most Depressing:
    The Road

Most Realistic Depiction:
    One Second After by William Forstchen

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Hand sanitizers with 60% or more alcohol do kill some/most germs, including viruses, but the higher the percentage of alcohol the more you kill, especially with viruses. Norovirus is resistant to sanitizers because of its special construction, but afaik coronavirus is not a norovirus. 95% best for anti virus, so basically isopropyl alcohol. This will have added benefit of alerting you to any lacerations you overlooked previously. :) ZING!

CDC and NIMH say soap and water better than sanitizers —but only if you wash correctly, which means long (At least 20-30 seconds) and thoroughly (scrub between fingers and around nails). It is the scrubbing action that dislodges bacteria and viruses that’s providing protection, not so much the soap. If you can’t or won’t wash hands properly, then hand sanitizer fully covering hands nails etc is likely more effective.

Unbroken skin provides barrier to flu virus, but openings like cuts, sores, mouth, nose, EYES, can provide entry so if you have to go where possibility of virus exists (doctor office, ER) PPE for mouth nose and eyes is good and keep wounds covered. And Keep your handsaway from your face.

I,ll bet average cell phone is a potential pandemic all by itself.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Hand sanitizers with 60% or more alcohol do kill some/most germs, including viruses, but the higher the percentage of alcohol the more you kill, especially with viruses. Norovirus is resistant to sanitizers because of its special construction, but afaik coronavirus is not a norovirus. 95% best for anti virus, so basically isopropyl alcohol. This will have added benefit of alerting you to any lacerations you overlooked previously. :) ZING!

CDC and NIMH say soap and water better than sanitizers —but only if you wash correctly, which means long (At least 20-30 seconds) and thoroughly (scrub between fingers and around nails). It is the scrubbing action that dislodges bacteria and viruses that’s providing protection, not so much the soap. If you can’t or won’t wash hands properly, then hand sanitizer fully covering hands nails etc is likely more effective.

Unbroken skin provides barrier to flu virus, but openings like cuts, sores, mouth, nose, EYES, can provide entry so if you have to go where possibility of virus exists (doctor office, ER) PPE for mouth nose and eyes is good and keep wounds covered. And Keep your handsaway from your face.

I,ll bet average cell phone is a potential pandemic all by itself.

Not sure what that movie that is...

seriously where did you intend to post this?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Dragon Day. Basically the ChiComs pervasive electronics and debt force us to our knees taking over everything as effectively as if an EMP struck. Some of it is silliness but not a bad show. As my family said...this is what would happen if you didn't live with me.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I feel like I want to reread The Survivalist series by Jerry Ahern. Post-apocalyptic fiction, guns, and Walter Mitty together!

Great series, good luck finding them to read at a reasonable price.

I could kick myself several times for trashing my complete collection (at the time) when I moved from California to CT.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Dragon Day. Basically the ChiComs pervasive electronics and debt force us to our knees taking over everything as effectively as if an EMP struck. Some of it is silliness but not a bad show. As my family said...this is what would happen if you didn't live with me.

Hah! my library has a copy.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN

Hah! my library has a copy.

Let us know what you think.

Would have made a decent 25 minute short. Had lots of yelling at the screen / character stupidity moments.

Top Bottom