• ...and so much more!
  • wethepeople

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Shelby County
    Yeti

Let's see....I manufacture products for American Beer Drinkers. But, I'm gonna boycott the NRA.

I think their VP of Strategy and Marketing should lay off the ludes.

It's just a thought but a friend told me this. The Yeti brothers had a disagreement for what I don't know but one of them started another company called Rtic with same mfg. processes and products for almost 1/2 the price. That would probably work wonders.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I was questioning whether they even exist...Not only do they exist but they are politically active....

Yeti-vs-Hunter-500x300.jpg

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    From the people who brought us the three dollar bucket they try to sell for $39.99 or "fully loaded" for $129.96... Once again, I say "no thanks".

DFacres

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2015
    This sphere
    It's sort of like Chick-Fil-A for me. It's a great chicken sandwich. Probably the best in fast food. But the owner made a political statement. I happen to agree with the owner (for the most part) but I don't want politics shoved down my throat when I'm ordering lunch. So, I haven't been back to CFA in awhile.

If there is anything I've learned in business over the years it's that it's hard to get new customers and sometimes even harder to keep the ones you have. It is in your interest not to **** them off.

The stand Chick-Fil-A made wasn’t political. It was based on religious grounds/beliefs and the owner of said business has as much right to take a stand as anyone else. The lefties were calling for boycotting the business but it tended to backfire as conservatives about traditional marriage came out in droves to patronize CFA. The company also chooses not to be open for business on Sunday.
    I patronize them often. Their employees here tend to be courteous and don’t dress like the sloppy attire the youth of today do.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    You start using words like religious beliefs and rights.....and you reckon that isn't political.

Amigo, that's about as political as it gets.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    It's just a thought but a friend told me this. The Yeti brothers had a disagreement for what I don't know but one of them started another company called Rtic with same mfg. processes and products for almost 1/2 the price. That would probably work wonders.
    Yeti was started by two brothers, Rtic was started by two different brothers, and was sued by Yeti for patent infringement and had to pay Yeti cash along with a redesign of their hard and soft coolers.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You start using words like religious beliefs and rights.....and you reckon that isn't political.

Amigo, that's about as political as it gets.

Jesus had no problem being political. No reason Christians should shy away from it either.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I can not help but think these companys are not seeing a broader customer base when the make these political stands.
    We need as a group to apply some pressure. The left has this down to a science. We need to capture one of the party handbooks.

The problem I see with this strategy is that most of us are live and let live types that think whining like a little ***** and holding our breath until we get our way isn't the adult thing to do so we dont. We have lives , friends, JOBS, and many other wonderful things to keep us occupied, besides I don't see any new York billionaires paying us to whore out his bidding.

Colt1860

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2017
    Tell City
    I always thought I could buy ALOT of ice for the price of a yeti and can leave my cooler in the back of my pick up and don't have to worry about someone stealing it.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    They are playing the averages, most who have posted in this thread have never, nor will they ever have bought anything from Yeti because of price. Did Yeti lose them as customers? No, they would never have been customers. Yeti has a solid following of granola crunchy REI outdoorsy folks who buy their products.
    Sounds a bit like LLBean going from being an outfitter to being a yuppie boutique. Whatever:coffee:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I guess if keeping 259 cans cold for days was a matter of life and death, it'd be worth it. Other than that, yeah there's a sucker born every minute.

I always thought I could buy ALOT of ice for the price of a yeti and can leave my cooler in the back of my pick up and don't have to worry about someone stealing it.

Their original coolers are da bomb. They were for guys up in the bush that needed ice for a week because they COULDNT go get more. Then they made a name and got greedy and started stamping their name on any old crap just to make a buck regardless of how innovative the item was. And a premium for the name at that. Those tumblers? They arent special and suck more than the Walmart brand Ozark Trail. In head to head tests, OT tumblers blew away the Yeti crap. But people want to be trendy and show off their fancy brand name tumbler and be trendy. "Look at me! I overpaid for my tumbler, I'm cool" You paid $40 for a tumbler that gets its butt kicked by a $7 tumbler. amazing. But you're cool.

Its OK. RTIC swooped in and took a shot and hit them broadside... DOWN GOES FRASIER!!!!!

RTIC posted this on their FB page without comment:
    iu

Top Bottom