• ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Yeti responds:

31162281_10156095306930944_8809463225335676928_n.jpg

Regardless of the truth, whatever that may be, the narrative is already out there. I have no dog in the fight, as I don't do anything that requires days with no access to additional ice and still use a Lil Oscar cooler that's about 40 years old.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Yeti responds:

Regardless of the truth, whatever that may be, the narrative is already out there. I have no dog in the fight, as I don't do anything that requires days with no access to additional ice and still use a Lil Oscar cooler that's about 40 years old.

Thanks for that...Sounds like it may be a poorly timed decision to change contracts with a villified org and that org went atomic to raise more money?

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Thanks for that...Sounds like it may be a poorly timed decision to change contracts with a villified org and that org went atomic to raise more money?
    Or they took an opportunity to make a business move look like virtue signalling to leftists and misjudged the extent of the fallout.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    This could be embarrassing for the NRA. If they drop it, I'm going to think Yeti is on the up and up and NRA was trying to spur fund raising.

Yeti responds:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Yeti, overpriced crap anyway! Lots of other brands out there that are at least as good or much better for better prices. Bravo Sierra on Yeti and the idiots that run the company. I trust everyone on INGO will boycott these morons.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    You start using words like religious beliefs and rights.....and you reckon that isn't political.

Amigo, that's about as political as it gets.

So, in your opinion, there is no difference between a company owner making political statements while speaking only for himself, and a company making politically-driving statements or actions? Do individuals lose their individual agency merely because they own (or work for) a company?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I find it interesting that Yeti is automatically the one to blame yet no one thinks the NRA/Friends of the NRA messed up or either got their panties in a wad and took something wrong

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I find it interesting that Yeti is automatically the one to blame yet no one thinks the NRA/Friends of the NRA messed up or either got their panties in a wad and took something wrong

I don't have a dog in the hunt, because I always thought Yeti to be ridiculously overpriced for my needs. But while you may be right, based on events of the past two months, if it walks like a virtue signal, and it smells like a virtue signal, then there's a very good chance that it is, in fact, a virtue signal.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I wish we would stop using stupid millennial terminology like "virtue signalling". It is shorthand doublespeak. Say what you mean and be less trendy. People other than the two or three of you who like such banter might understand you better.

Pet peeve.

Along with conflate.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I wish we would stop using stupid millennial terminology like "virtue signalling". It is shorthand doublespeak. Say what you mean and be less trendy. People other than the two or three of you who like such banter might understand you better.

Pet peeve.

Along with conflate.

We have to use "virtue signaling". The language filter keeps us from using "bull****". ;)

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Pet peeve.

Along with conflate.

Okay, I might have gone along with you on "virtue signal", because its current usage is fairly recent. But: "conflate"? Seriously?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I don't have a dog in the hunt, because I always thought Yeti to be ridiculously overpriced for my needs. But while you may be right, based on events of the past two months, if it walks like a virtue signal, and it smells like a virtue signal, then there's a very good chance that it is, in fact, a virtue signal.

So the NRA and Friends of the NRA have a track record of perfection?

Seems like people want to bash a company that they'd never purchase product from anyway

As for the millennial terminology, first time I heard of the VS word

Glad I don't pay attention to a lot of that stuff

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Pet peeve.

Along with conflate.

My pet peeve is people that think they have to come and complain about other peop...........

Wait...

Umm....

Oops...

Nevermind.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So the NRA and Friends of the NRA have a track record of perfection?

Seems like people want to bash a company that they'd never purchase product from anyway

As for the millennial terminology, first time I heard of the VS word

Glad I don't pay attention to a lot of that stuff

You mean, like all the people bashing the NRA, and claiming that we are terrorists, and have blood on our hands?

Top Bottom