• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Well apparently I’ve found the limits if na thrall immunity. Had it match 2020, tested positive this morning. Symptoms are by far less severe than last year, there’s no elephant on my chest this time around.

So with that out of the way, we are on vitamin C, D3, and a couple other things the wife’s school clinic sent home with her. Lots of fluids and we are making sure we get up and move around every hour or so. Any other home brew remedies y’all recommend?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    No magic elixirs from me. Best of luck that it passes quickly.

But the realistic goal all along has not been that no one gets sick (some people still think they will get out of the pandemic both unvaccinated and never getting it), it's that this is turned into "just another flu" (which, arguments to the contrary, it was not originally). Most if not all people vaccinated or not, will eventually get it (no, that doesn't mean the vaccinations were useless). Once enough people have reactive antibodies, B cells and T cells, speed of spread is blunted and while people may still get it, for most it will be a more mild form.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm with ya, buddy. Daughter caught it last week. Ive been working from home since Ive been exposed, and scheduled a test this afternoon to clear me to go back to work per corporate policy. started feeling like crap last night. If I dont test positive today, I'll be shocked.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    No magic elixirs from me. Best of luck that it passes quickly.

But the realistic goal all along has not been that no one gets sick (some people still think they will get out of the pandemic both unvaccinated and never getting it), it's that this is turned into "just another flu" (which, arguments to the contrary, it was not originally). Most if not all people vaccinated or not, will eventually get it (no, that doesn't mean the vaccinations were useless). Once enough people have reactive antibodies, B cells and T cells, speed of spread is blunted and while people may still get it, for most it will be a more mild form.
    I didn’t expect a magic elixir and I never thought it wasnt something serious. I was just curious what others have done to make it suck a little less. It already sucks less than the last time

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Well apparently I’ve found the limits if na thrall immunity. Had it match 2020, tested positive this morning. Symptoms are by far less severe than last year, there’s no elephant on my chest this time around.

So with that out of the way, we are on vitamin C, D3, and a couple other things the wife’s school clinic sent home with her. Lots of fluids and we are making sure we get up and move around every hour or so. Any other home brew remedies y’all recommend?

We're on C, D3, along with Zinc and Magnesium. Free and clear so far.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I didn’t expect a magic elixir and I never thought it wasnt something serious. I was just curious what others have done to make it suck a little less. It already sucks less than the last time
    My comments beyond the first line were just general, not aimed at you specifically. Just opinions.

Hope it clears up quick.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    1 oz each of Fireball, lemon juice, and honey mixed into 16 oz hot green tea. Basically a hot toddy with a cinnamon kick. Worked wonders for me when I had it.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I tested negative on day two of symptoms and positive on day 4. CDC says need a day 5 neg test and then you are clear at day 7 if feeling better I believe

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I tested negative on day two of symptoms and positive on day 4. CDC says need a day 5 neg test and then you are clear at day 7 if feeling better I believe
    I tested negative on day 5 after exposure even with a sore throat and a cough.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So this sounds like requiring a negative test 24 hours prior to international travel really does nothing.
    Not true. Just doesn't guarantee you don't have COVID. I had symptoms but thought it wasn't COVID because of so much sneezing.

Could also detect still having COVID despite no longer being infectious.

I post it as caution to those thinking they don't have COVID because of a negative test as soon as symptoms start.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not true. Just doesn't guarantee you don't have COVID. I had symptoms but thought it wasn't COVID because of so much sneezing.

Could also detect still having COVID despite no longer being infectious.

I post it as caution to those thinking they don't have COVID because of a negative test as soon as symptoms start.
    Your second sentence is the point I was making. It doesn't guarantee you don't have COVID, so what's the point? It's just a false sense of security.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Mine just came back positive. SO glad. Ive at least got a concrete starting point for isolation. (and dont have to worry about not really having it yet and the clock starting later)

Top Bottom