• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    If I were wealthy enough, I'd pay any price, for anything I wanted. That said, I'd never but anything just for the "collectible" value. (except, land, or gold) Any firearm I ever bought, I'd want to shoot it at least once. I don't care if it was a bronze cannon from a sunken ship.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have no desire to own something that I cannot shoot. To me, things need to either deliver an experience or enable a relationship. Otherwise, they are just more stuff to deal with. The experience of shooting this would not be worth the loss in value that would bring.

Image the fun that this kind of money would bring if spent on a great quality AR, a 55 gallon barrel full of ammo and training classes.

indyartisan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   1
    Feb 2, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    There was a Colt collector at the last Tipton show with one on his table along with a bunch of other rare Colts.
    Fun to view and learn about.
    I am glad there are people out there who do collect and preserve.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Can't say I would. Nor would I buy a car that shouldn't be driven, etc. As others have said, no interest in something to put in the safe and just look at occasionally. I could take a picture if I wanted to do that.

That said, if I had the cash, I'd spend some money on some cool toys that I would use. Definitely. Just like getting a classic car that wasn't collectible for some reason and do a resto mod and enjoy driving it, etc. Definitely.

Just not into something that's so pristine and has such collector value that I wouldn't want to use it.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have no desire to own something that I cannot shoot. To me, things need to either deliver an experience or enable a relationship. Otherwise, they are just more stuff to deal with. The experience of shooting this would not be worth the loss in value that would bring.

Image the fun that this kind of money would bring if spent on a great quality AR, a 55 gallon barrel full of ammo and training classes.
    For me, nothing has value unless I am using it or converting it for cash or other items.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    For me 30, K for a revolver would have to have some historical value and an iron clad provenance to go with it. Something like Wild Bill Hickock's Colt 1851.

Interesting, though you see that sort of money for a number of NFA guns that would be much less rare.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    jjj.gif

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    30k is moving into some rare air for me. I would buy a gun for 30k, but it would have to be the exact thing I wanted. I nearly bought a 2 gun set for 41k, I just couldn’t bring myself to do it.

That said, I personally would rather have 1 gun for 30k vs 30 guns for 1k.

Collectible vs functional…. I’m a collector who shoots. All of my guns get shot. If you’ve looked at my post history, you will see some pretty cool 1911’s, a lot of those over the 10k mark. For me, one of those at 10k, any day of the week vs 10 production guns. I’ll add, I would love a “singer” 1911 or a “first production day Colt” that Browning himself handled…. Those I wouldnt shoot… so I also get that side of it… Historical relics!

Anyway, as much as I do like a nice revolver, this one wouldn’t be for me:)

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    No, not even if I were a bazillionare. I agree with BBI, it better have a motor or roof if im going to spend 5 figures..

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Not sure where all of these are coming from .....I watched this one sell last month and thought it was a scam of sorts ?
    101 bids ! ...............................I was going to get it , but the guy was way out of line wanting $65 for shipping !! , so I passed . :)
    Screenshot (401)_LI.jpg

PlaysInTheDirt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Southport
    30k for revolver? I don't think so. I might be able to justify money for a Freedom Arms or some custom work from a select few. Like mentioned above by Hopper, the Jeep addiction is pretty strong and my Gladiator NEEDS stuff so that's is where the remainder would go!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    30k for revolver? I don't think so. I might be able to justify money for a Freedom Arms or some custom work from a select few. Like mentioned above by Hopper, the Jeep addiction is pretty strong and my Gladiator NEEDS stuff so that's is where the remainder would go!
    One of my work friends and I were just talking about Gladiators. I said I'd really like to have one, but I'm my own worst enemy. I would price one, then realize I could get a Tacoma or a Colorado for 1000's less and let my conservativeness kick in.

Maybe one day I'll have a brain fart, throw reasonableness out the window and just buy one!

I did win the Powerball last week but $7 is not enough to affect much of a lifestyle change. :)

Top Bottom