Worst Made Cars on the Road - Want to Guess?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Forbes the money magazine that people look too for financial guidance and lost their 401k's and investments, is now testing cars and trucks? Whatever!!

I think I would be more inclined to listen to someone like JD POWERS who has been following and collecting data for years on this, and that is all they do.

As posted above people can twist the numbers around to read however they want.

Hey look what I found maybe we should rethink this whole gun ownership thing. I mean after all I read this on the internet so it must be true.:rolleyes:
    Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence : About

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    I put a motor in an F-150 the other day. Some fine engineering there.

f150.jpg

Don't you wanna take the motor out of the truck not the truck off the motor?:dunno::D

:D they can give my wrangler unlimited a 17 out of 100 all they want. I bet if they took the top and doors off during the test and hit a few trails they would rate it higher.

Oh well, "It's a Jeep thing." There are jeep drivers and non-jeep drivers

+1. My Rubicon was rated the top 4x4 of the decade and now this? I wonder if it has to do with the new V6 or something. Pretty difficult to say that the 4 liter I6 isn't dependable.

more like there are jeep drivers then there is everyone else. jeeps FTW!!!!:rockwoot:

Jeep FTW!!:rockwoot: The good thing about mine is it's just a lil of everything. Chevy parts, ford parts, dodge parts, AMC parts All kinda different years! Like the Johnny Cash song.:D

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    If the Escalade is there, why not the Tahoe or Yukon, they are the same vehicle, Chevy Colorado is there so it's sister vehicle the GMC Avalanche should be tied with it right? They roll right off the same assembly line and use the same parts just different trim levels.

Just FYI... the Chevy Avalanche and the Colorado have nothing in common. The Avalanche shares the same chassis, motor, etc. as the Chevy Suburban. The Colorado is a small truck.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    My 95 F150 is running pretty strong even though the previous owners neglected the crap out of it. It does need a new tranny, but considering it was pulling a BIG trailer most the time, I'm not surprised with 198K miles.... :dunno:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    If the Escalade is there, why not the Tahoe or Yukon, they are the same vehicle. Chevy Colorado is there so it's sister vehicle the GMC Canyon should be tied with it right? They roll right off the same assembly line and use the same parts just different trim levels.

Just FYI... the Chevy Avalanche and the Colorado have nothing in common. The Avalanche shares the same chassis, motor, etc. as the Chevy Suburban. The Colorado is a small truck.

Sorry about that, fixed it, the Canyon and Colorado are listed 2 spots apart.

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Perhaps the reasoning behind the low scores of the F series trucks is that you have a bunch of wannabes with no legitimate reason to own a pickup driving them. Really now, how many pimped and polished pickups are on the road nowadays because they are "cool"? I saw a 4wd Super Duty Diesel the other day that had what appeared to be 22" wheels with rubber band tires on it:ugh:. I know that guy really needed the extra capacity of the F350 and the diesel and the 4wd. Some might defend their vehicle of choice because they have to get a load of mulch once a year, oh well, to each their own. But the F series scored low on ride, economy, fuel efficiency, seating comfort. DUH, it's a truck for petes sake!!!

I dont understand this, trucks are a hobby for some people, they arent hurting anybody so why does it matter?

But I agree that the "rubber band tires" AKA low profiles or flats are pretty stupid, especially on trucks.

fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    There's a reason why I'll only drive European, Because they work.

Look kids, there's another one under its own power.

The first meeting I ever went to when I transferred into Aston Martin/Land Rover/Jaguar, they were discussing the pool of money that was set aside for customer roadside assistance every year.

In a nutshell, it was enough money to tow every single vehicle that was in warranty 2.25 times a year - plus incidental customer expense money.

And every year for five years following(when I finally had enough sense to leave), they kept increasing that number upwards.....

Had a lot of fun with the brands, but in all my years - the only company vehicles I've ever been stranded in (and it happened frequently) said Land Rover or Jaguar on them.

Although the roadside assistance could be amazing from time to time (here we've got the #1 Rover Technician in the world in 2005, the LRNA/JCA Field Engineer for the Midwest and the LRNA Product Support Representative all stopped on 80 helping out a fellow owner).

DSC02770.jpg

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    I think I would be more inclined to listen to someone like JD POWERS who has been following and collecting data for years on this, and that is all they do.

I might agree with you....if you had read the review, which shows they went to JD Power for cars with 3 out of 5 or less "power circles" (which may or may not be related to unicorns) after they looked at Consumer Reports lists.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I couldn't care less when those idiots talk about what works and what doesn't. I have more miles on one vehicle than these people have on their driver's license.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    :D they can give my wrangler unlimited a 17 out of 100 all they want. I bet if they took the top and doors off during the test and hit a few trails they would rate it higher.

Oh well, "It's a Jeep thing." There are jeep drivers and non-jeep drivers

Yep, took the top off today, pulled out of some mud, then pulled some dude's minivan out of a ditch. Besides, chicks love the Wrangler.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Whoever made that list doesn't know Ford trucks for crap. For example the 93 ranger I'm driving at the moment. Is dead reliable, over 200k miles. And the other day I got in a small accident with it when I dosed off on the way home from work. It mowed down two steel posts and ended up at a 45 degree angle in a ditch. And I couldn't find one bit of damage on it. Not even a noticeable scratch. Brings nice meaning to Built Ford Tough! Plus our 95 F250 has been put through he!! and back and is currently dad's spray truck. It now has a 600 gallon sprayer in the bed of the truck that stays there year round. Even on stock springs it still hardly squats with over 500 gallons of water in the tank. And has absolutely no probs pulling itself through the field. This beast has just about 200k mi on it as well. Then there's our 2000 F250 with the 7.3 diesel. It's been very reliable. Dad bought it last September and drove it out to Seattle 2 days after he bought it. Only problem we've had this entire time was needing to replace the alternator. Otherwise just basic oil changes and tires. And this truck will pull anything we've put behind it without a problem. Gotta love a 7.3 powerstroke with 6 spd manual, and manual shift 4x4 :D

Top Bottom