Worst Made Cars on the Road - Want to Guess?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fireball168

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Clinton
    Whoever made that list doesn't know Ford trucks for crap.

You're comparing what you've got (built ten years ago +) to what they are building now.

A quote from the link provided in the first post:

To determine our list of the worst-made cars on the road, we started with the lowest-rated vehicles from four reliability and performance studies conducted this year. Those studies are all from Consumer Reports: The Most Reliable Cars Report; Best and Worst Values Report; Best and Worst Safety Performance Survey; and the CR overall scores for 2010 vehicles.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I have an 01 F250 5.4 and the truck is great! It is what it is, a work truck! The power mirrors work but not really. the motor moves but the mirrors dont... I have had this problem on every american made car ive had new or used. I used to be a gm fan, but then i got a Pontiac Grand Am GT brand new back in 04. you could almost set your watch by it when it would have crazy stupid things break on it. Without the warrenty that car would be unaffordable!

Im a ford truck fan. I would be for dodge but seems like their trucks have alot of useless power... you step on the gas when theres nothing in the bed and all you do is kill your tires. Ill take my ford and be happy :)

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    :D they can give my wrangler unlimited a 17 out of 100 all they want. I bet if they took the top and doors off during the test and hit a few trails they would rate it higher.

Oh well, "It's a Jeep thing." There are jeep drivers and non-jeep drivers

I've got an '08 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, with all the bells/whistles, with 39k miles on it, and it has not had one single issue. It has been off road from the Badlands to Buena Vista, Colorado, ridden hard, and put away wet. Let's see of some of the 10 best can survive this kind of rugged trail work and say they have no problems after the same number of miles and years. I wouldn't trade my Wrangler for anything on anyone's 10 best list.

I've also got a 2001 Ford F150 that has been rock solid, and tows a 7,000lb boat and trailer, to boot. It shared a garage for awhile with a Mercedes and a BMW 7 series (I don't have that kind of $$. They belonged to my in-laws) and performed reliably as those two vehicles became hangar queens, smitten with electrical problems galore.

The truth is, that while the Wrangler made the list, I think it is a testament to the quality of modern cars. Any of the bottom 10 would have made the top 10 in the 80's or early 90's. I won't even mention the 70's, which were home to the lusty Mustang II, Fairmont, and sexy Honda Civic that looked like a turtle, and rusted so much that the interior temperature was measured factoring wind chill.

Anything mechanical can have problems at any time, so I won't get much into that argument. However, if you dismiss a vehicle because you read this on Yahoo, you may deprive yourself of some great enjoyment. You'll see what I mean if you see me riding around in my Wrangler with the doors off and my kids and me smiling with the sun in our faces and the wind in our hair. :patriot:

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My father biught a ford F100 new in 1979 ....I sold it 5 years ago with 285,000 on it can't argue with that .....but since 79 I havent seen a well made truck from the US ...guess I will stick to my TOYOTA .....

I guess the fact that the BIG 3 are made in CANADA and Mexico
    and the Toyota is made in The US ..could be a reason ...:dunno::popcorn:

If you havent seen a well made US truck since 1979 you are just biased and havent been looking. The F-150, Silverado, and Ram are ALL better than the best selling foreign Tundra. Im not a foreign car hater and say buy whatever you want. But all three domestic brands DO have plants in the US building trucks. The Tundra has a better motor than the F150 but the F150 is better/nicer everywhere else.

The F-150s are Made in Michigan and Missouri.

The Silverados are made in Ft Wayne, IN. Pontiac, MI, Flint, MI and there is one plant in Canada.

The Rams are made in Warren, MI and Mexico.

Exactly and the f250 is diesel the f150 is gas. I drive an f150 by the way. :D

The F250 has a gas engine as well, the diesel is an option.

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Since we are talking about trucks I just have to add that the ugliest pickup truck of all time besides the Volkswagon Rabbit Pickup is the Honda Ridgeline....Seriously

Ugliest trucks of all time:

vw-rabbit-pickup-470-1008.jpg

2008_honda_ridgeline_20124364-396x249.jpg

2005_Ford_ExplorerSportTrac_ext_1.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom