Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What he DID say is that the vaccines are creating the variants.

I don't think there is anything much to get. Yes, vaccines can contribute to variant spread. It's natural selection. They don't physically cause a variant to be produced, but if a variant can still infect a vaccinated host, multiply, and spread, so too will the variant. Generally speaking, even a variant that can infect an immunized host will have only modest symptomatic impact, if any, on a vaccinated host. It just wants to do what life does, survive and multiply.

The variants were always going to occur, that's how reproduction works, but the vaccine may apply selective pressure. A laundry list of other factors also apply selective pressure, but it all comes back to what allows the virus to most effectively survive and multiply.

To say that other epidemiologists agree with him that vaccinating during a pandemic is a bad decision is pretty hard for me to believe. Vaccines keep cases down. The United States is currently hovering just under an R-value of 1, which means that if you look at it in a vacuum the virus will eventually die out in the United States. Obviously, real world there are complicating factors like international travel.

I'm not sure if the rambling helped whatsoever, but there it is.

Don’t worry about it, you wouldn’t get it.

ETA all in good fun, since you tend to post lengthy explanations:)

Oh. Do tell me more about how I’m the rambler. :):

Speaking of Ramblers, my dad had a white ‘60. He was old school and thought we all should start learning how to drive as soon as we could reach the pedals and see over the steering wheel. My sister learned on the Rambler by practicing on the road my dad made along side our field. I was maybe 5 years old. All I can remember about that is seeing my dad run after her when she went off the road. He didn’t get there in time; she ran it into a tree. Luckily she was only going just faster than he could run and it didn’t do that much damage. But guess I’m rambling.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Oh. Do tell me more about how I’m the rambler. :):

Speaking of Ramblers, my dad had a white ‘60. He was old school and thought we all should start learning how to drive as soon as we could reach the pedals and see over the steering wheel. My sister learned on the Rambler by practicing on the road my dad made along side our field. I was maybe 5 years old. All I can remember about that is seeing my dad run after her when she went off the road. He didn’t get there in time; she ran it into a tree. Luckily she was only going just faster than he could run and it didn’t do that much damage. But guess I’m rambling.
    200.gif

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Saw this article. There is science behind the antibody-dependent enhancement claim. Not saying I believe the article but why is there such a push to be vaccinated for “a bad flu”.

Because it's not just a "bad flu."

We've been down that road and back again.

PS - That's not an article. It's a post from a user who goes by the name "Mr. Nice". Other post on that site include, "How to Breathe Through Anus in Emergencies" and "Mark of the Beast programming by BBC".

Chose your information sources wisely.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    First off I don't trust those numbers, the truth is that it is not easy to pinpoint the exact reason, certainly people will die after receiving the vaccine. The cause could be vaccine related or it's just your time to die.
    There are also many things counted as adverse reactions that are not a danger to people. Sore Arm, Red and Puffiness at the vaccine sight.

Even at 3401 deaths that is a very low percentage at this point.

I am f*****g sick and tired of the whole thing. Only idiots and enablers don't realize the entire government apparatus, the vast majority of corporations including media are all uniformly pushing the same agenda.

We cannot trust much of anything but it stands to reason that if the numbers are contrary to the goals of all the above they are probably low, not high...

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I am f*****g sick and tired of the whole thing. Only idiots and enablers don't realize the entire government apparatus, the vast majority of corporations including media are all uniformly pushing the same agenda.

We cannot trust much of anything but it stands to reason that if the numbers are contrary to the goals of all the above they are probably low, not high...

I no longer feel safe with you posting on this forum unless you are vaccinated.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    So what is it?
    A coronavirus. An influenza virus and coronavirus are literally just different things.

Call it semantics if you want but that's the number one reason I get annoyed when people call it a bad flu. It literally isn't a "flu" at all.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    So the vaccines are causing the variants, but the vaccines are also effective against the variants?
    That's a pretty significant oversimplification and makes it sound like the vaccines are "at fault."

Yes, vaccines are a pressure on natural selection but they don't literally cause the virus to mutate in any sort of interaction.

Yes, vaccines are generally effective at preventing severe DISEASE, if not infection, even in cases of variants.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A coronavirus. An influenza virus and coronavirus are literally just different things.

Call it semantics if you want but that's the number one reason I get annoyed when people call it a bad flu. It literally isn't a "flu" at all.
    Well sure. But when they compare them, they’re not comparing their structures. They’re comparing their impact on people. And I have to say that as this has shaken out, it’s not terribly different in that regard. It’s easier to spread, and it seems to be harder on older/unhealthy people than the flu.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Well sure. But when they compare them, they’re not comparing their structures. They’re comparing their impact on people. And I have to say that as this has shaken out, it’s not terribly different in that regard. It’s easier to spread, and it seems to be harder on older/unhealthy people than the flu.
    Spreadability and morbidity/mortality are two pretty critical parts of comparing and contrasting infectious agents, I'd say...

Sure there is overlap in symptoms, but I'd say the fact that it's being referred to as a "bad flu" by some is enough to differentiate it from the flu.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Spreadability and morbidity/mortality are two pretty critical parts of comparing and contrasting infectious agents, I'd say...

Sure there is overlap in symptoms, but I'd say the fact that it's being referred to as a "bad flu" by some is enough to differentiate it from the flu.
    Of course. It’s impact on a person isn’t a lot different from the flu. The thing that makes this really worse than the flu is that it’s so much easier to catch, so more people are affected.

But we didn’t need to shut down the whole country. Didn’t need to make everyone wear masks everywhere. Just follow the 4 D’s and get on with life. And maybe be a bit more careful at home, because that’s where most of the spread is.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

If it was not politicized it certainly would not be worse than the flu it it were properly managed to protect the vulnerable and not incentivized to boost numbers...

Isn't there some pharmaceutical forum that could use you as a mod to keep people straight? This is a gun forum where we correct improper use of clip, not regular joes discussion current events...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom