• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    One of my co-workers is a big Ohio State fan and is hoping for a Jim Tressel - Troy Smith reunion. I'd rather stick with Caldwell than Tressel but I wouldn't mind Troy Smith coming in either as a 3rd stringer or to replace Kerry Collins. I have always liked Collins but the Colts need to find a real emergency plan for Peyton. Hopefully the answer is either Curtis Painter or Andrew Luck. If not, then why not look at guys like Smith, Brian Brohm, Nate Davis, etc.

Nate Davis was in camp and could not understand the playbook. His dyslexia will give him problems in a complicated scheme like Indy. Id rather have Painter who knows the offense and has built a relationship with the recievers. Smith and Brohm imo would be a step back at this point. But they said on espn that the colts worked out a couple qbs this week.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Everyone is loving painter. I understand he is pretty much all we have but he still sucks. Adai carried the team in the last drive. If painter proves me wrong I will be happy.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Yeah, I for one don't think that Collins is any better than Painter. At least Painter had decent timing with teh receivers. Collins is all over the place.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Disclaimer: I am not a colts fan, but since I'm not here to bash them, I'll chime in. I thought from the beginning that Painter would be a better choice then Collins. I think that he will give a good accounting of himself Monday night. I still don't think that they will win, they have more issues then any one player can fix, but I think that Painter will be a noticeable improvement. My prediction is that if Painter has a good game Monday, that the QB job will be his to lose.

Casey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Painter can't be any worse than Collins at this point. Even if he is, it's good to let him get the experience. Collins can't sense or avoid pressure and was inaccurate on anything that wasn't a long bomb down the field.

Painter will either be surprisingly good or bad enough to be semi-entertaining.

I'm hoping the running game can continue to improve like it has so far this year. I'd rather have Mike Hart and his injury problems over Donald Brown as the #3RB at this point though. Delone Carter has looked like a good compliment to Addai in his limited time. Dominic Rhodes would have been great to have too but he's suspended for a year...

Austin Collie has been invisible this year, he has too much talent for that to continue.

Freeney and Mathis played their hearts out Sunday night. Drake Nevis is looking like a steal in the draft. A DT who can play the run and generate some pass rush in the middle is going to help Freeney and Mathis to be even better.

MLB Pat Angerer won that job for now and for years to come. He's making plays all over the field and is much better as an MLB than OLB. Brackett being IR'ed leads me to believe his time with the team is done. He could have come back later in the season but I'd put him at OLB instead of in the middle like he has been.

Melvin Bullitt, healthy when backing up Bob Sanders, on IR for the 2nd straight year. Need some help there too in next year's draft.

I have no clue why they would ever cut Tryon. He was the best CB after Powers... Between cutting Hayden and this, I just don't get what this team is doing when it comes to their CBs.

bmmyers08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Danville
    painter has good arm strength. he has lacked the opportunity to get in with anyone who is worth anything. he has been behind manning the entire time. the only reason they got collins is because painter hasnt had the opportunity to truly show if he is good on not. they just wanted expierience at qb. now maybe they are givin up on the expierience thing a litting painter develope into a better back up for when manning gets back.

Top Bottom