• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I know Manning is a big part of the team, but 0-6? I'm starting to think this year's team just isn't any good and would have been lucky to make it to .500 even WITH a healthy Manning.

I agree. Although, I'd put them more in the 10-6 range. I think they'd be 4-2 right now, as Peyton probably would have made a difference in the close games.

When he's in, the opposing defenses are typically less aggressive, and we might have converted a few 3rd downs that we haven't with Painter / Collins. Plus, our defensive scheme is different when we're leading than when behind, so having some early leads (like last week) make a big difference.

Either way, we're still very soft on defense overall, and seem to have some holes in the o-line as well. Gonna be a tough conference season the rest of October and into November.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    They really arent as bad as the 0-6 says imo. The could be 3-3 with Painter. It just almost seems the #1 pick is their destiny. A real test is next week, if they can be competitive with the Saints they will win more than one game this year.

This week they gave up 27 points but 14 of those were the result of fumbles by offensive players. Then the Colts got the FG blocked costing them 3 points. If they would have cleaned that up they win today.

Last week they had a 17pt lead and the defense pissed it away. I dont care if the offense does nothing the second half, the defense has to protect a 17 point lead at halftime.

Then the week before was the Steelers situation where Collins did nothing, got hurt, and then Painter led them back to tie it up late. Imo if he played the whole game they win that one.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    The Colts are finding ways to lose close games. They did enough to win today, but they just couldn't make the plays when the game was on the line. At least they finally benched Lacey, he's been a screwup since last season. Hopefully they can keep things reasonably close next week against the Saints. They'll get a win eventually. Jacksonville has looked terrible and the Colts will play them twice.

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    I was filled in today on a point of veiw that they are trying to lose so they get first pick. Makes sense. Last game we had a 17 point lead and 1st half Peyton was coaching painter. 2nd half they didn't let him near painter. Hint hint they threw it away. I don't think Peyton will be returning and they are holding out that info because then everyone would know they were throwing it on purpose. No mater what I think we are growing as a team and I will always back our Colts.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I was filled in today on a point of veiw that they are trying to lose so they get first pick. Makes sense. Last game we had a 17 point lead and 1st half Peyton was coaching painter. 2nd half they didn't let him near painter. Hint hint they threw it away. I don't think Peyton will be returning and they are holding out that info because then everyone would know they were throwing it on purpose. No mater what I think we are growing as a team and I will always back our Colts.

I really doubt the Colts are throwing games to get the number 1 pick. It's a conspiracy that too many players, coaches, etc. would have to know about to make work. Not all of the players would benefit by the Colts landing the 1st pick. Some players like Reggie Wayne, Robert Mathis, Pierre Garcon are in contract years and I don't think they're willing to put their value at risk to ensure that the Colts are able to draft Luck. There is no conspiracy, the reality is that the Colts just aren't very good right now. They're 0-6 and making mistakes, but it's not difficult to see that those guys are still playing hard.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I really doubt the Colts are throwing games to get the number 1 pick. It's a conspiracy that too many players, coaches, etc. would have to know about to make work. Not all of the players would benefit by the Colts landing the 1st pick. Some players like Reggie Wayne, Robert Mathis, Pierre Garcon are in contract years and I don't think they're willing to put their value at risk to ensure that the Colts are able to draft Luck. There is no conspiracy, the reality is that the Colts just aren't very good right now. They're 0-6 and making mistakes, but it's not difficult to see that those guys are still playing hard.

This could not be anymore obvious to anyone that knows their ass from a hole in the ground.

Thanks for stating the obvious for those that don't know the difference...Rep inbound.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    This could not be anymore obvious to anyone that knows their ass from a hole in the ground.

Thanks for stating the obvious for those that don't know the difference...Rep inbound.

Did we forget about the evil genius of sucking for years to get in position to get Waterhead Manning with the 1st pick? They wrote the plans into the Colts manifesto while the movers were packing the trucks in Baltimore. They had this planned early on.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Did we forget about the evil genius of sucking for years to get in position to get Waterhead Manning with the 1st pick? They wrote the plans into the Colts manifesto while the movers were packing the trucks in Baltimore. They had this planned early on.

I still think they were fools for not taking Leaf...They could have gotten first pick for years and years.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010

Is this sarcasm? If it's not sarcasm the story might go kinda like this.

in 1983 after the move Jim Irsay plans to take over the team in 1997 because he knows the exact date that his father will die. Then he plans on hiring Bill Polian to draft a 7 year old Peyton Manning in the year 1998. When Polian is hired in 1997 he secretly made the Colts the worst team in the league (Colts were in the playoffs in 1996). Polian also convinced 1997 Colts head coach Lindy Infante to throw games even though Infante was fired after the season.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Is this sarcasm? If it's not sarcasm the story might go kinda like this.

in 1983 after the move Jim Irsay plans to take over the team in 1997 because he knows the exact date that his father will die. Then he plans on hiring Bill Polian to draft a 7 year old Peyton Manning in the year 1998. When Polian is hired in 1997 he secretly made the Colts the worst team in the league (Colts were in the playoffs in 1996). Polian also convinced 1997 Colts head coach Lindy Infante to throw games even though Infante was fired after the season.

I see you have gotten a hold of one of the few copies that were smuggled out of the compound. Does the manifesto ever mention bringing in quality back ups at any position or building a solid defense?

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I see you have gotten a hold of one of the few copies that were smuggled out of the compound. Does the manifesto ever mention bringing in quality back ups at any position or building a solid defense?

You can make the case for poor management. Polian's recent drafts have been less than stellar. Some of his recent personnel decisions haven't been that great, like cutting Hayden and Tryon while keeping Lacey. I don't think Polian will ever be forgiven for pulling the starters at 14-0. But I think that suggesting tanking and conspiracy theories would be stretching it a bit.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    You can make the case for poor management. Polian's recent drafts have been less than stellar. Some of his recent personnel decisions haven't been that great, like cutting Hayden and Tryon while keeping Lacey. I don't think Polian will ever be forgiven for pulling the starters at 14-0. But I think that suggesting tanking and conspiracy theories would be stretching it a bit.

Tanking and conspiracy theories make me laugh. It is 100% poor management. The Lions flat out sucked but continually worked on building a team through bringing in the best that they could (back ups included). It took them awhile to get moved fully in the right direction but other than at QB (even though Shaun Hill could step in and be serviceable) they have some sort of depth. Even if you have the best 22 players currently in the game, they start going down so does your chance at winning.

Most Colts fans make me laugh because every year it is the same thing, Super Bowl bound. Most don't ever speak their true feelings of how poor management is when it comes to talent management. Most won't ever think about mentioning the obvious flaws...very much like Cubs fans...or maybe they're just taking sports way too seriously and clinging to something to "be part of something".

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN

Jmo Painter has proven to be a fairly descent backup QB. They aren't winning but you cant put that on him alone. He is no Manning but he is playing better than other teams normal starters in this league.

You just hate on anything Colts just to see yourself post about it. When you constantly bash something it almost borders on obsession. For me if there is something I don't like, I don't seek out places they are discussing that topic and continually talk negative about it.

Tanking and conspiracy theories make me laugh. It is 100% poor management. The Lions flat out sucked but continually worked on building a team through bringing in the best that they could (back ups included). It took them awhile to get moved fully in the right direction but other than at QB (even though Shaun Hill could step in and be serviceable) they have some sort of depth. Even if you have the best 22 players currently in the game, they start going down so does your chance at winning.

Most Colts fans make me laugh because every year it is the same thing, Super Bowl bound. Most don't ever speak their true feelings of how poor management is when it comes to talent management. Most won't ever think about mentioning the obvious flaws...very much like Cubs fans...or maybe they're just taking sports way too seriously and clinging to something to "be part of something".

The problem with your Lions theory is that Matt Millen was fired in 08 so it has been three years for them to get from horrible to very good. Thats not a long time.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009

Im glad we have you to tell all of us rubes all the inner workings of football. You must be the smartest man on earth.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Im glad we have you to tell all of us rubes all the inner workings of football. You must be the smartest man on earth.

You must be a rube if you think that a team can get by without quality depth. I'm watching the Colts right now and I'm seeing what happens without quality depth and hearing the commentators talking about the players that are out and how it is hurting the team. If you can't see that, maybe you should become a can of curling or maybe synchronized swimming. If you think that banking on one player is a good idea, your knowledge of any contact sport is a complete joke.

Top Bottom