• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I always carry with just a mag in and chamber empty. If you dont have time to rack the slide, you shouldnt be where you are.
    Well useing that logic then why carry a gun in the first place because if you're not where you should'nt be then there should be no need for one. :dunno:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    So... We are setting up an environment where someone thinks a gun is not chambered and ready to shoot when in reality it is?

Respect the wife, have the conversation open and be honest what you're doing for everyone's safety. She worried about you daily while a LEO, she deserves it.
    While I would agree you should have an honest discussion I would also point out that if my wife is that concerned about firearm safety enough to recomend that I don't chamber a round then she should also be knowledgible enough about firearms saftey in general to not go around handleing it as well.

Last edited:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I understand your concerns about respecting spouses. I respect mine but if she ever told me not to bother seat belting myself or my son in the vehicle, I'd "respectfully" decline her request. Just because I don't drive for a living any more doesn't mean I don't still run the risk of being in an accident.

Just because he's not responding to crimes anymore doesn't mean he doesn't still have the potential to encounter one.

You don't need to wear it. If it looks like you're going to have a wreck, simply put it on then.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I guess I am lucky. My wife does a chamber check every morning before she walks out the door, just to make sure SHE has one in the chamber.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I always carry with just a mag in and chamber empty. If you dont have time to rack the slide, you shouldnt be where you are.

SO when Joe :poop:head breaks into your home with a weapon in hand, that means you should NOT of been home and it's your fault you are now dead and you wife and kids have been raped cause you couldn't rack the slide in time.

dmworland0709

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    My wife doesn't care for one in the chamber either, but I understand your point of view. You never know how fast things can change.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    SO when Joe :poop:head breaks into your home with a weapon in hand, that means you should NOT of been home and it's your fault you are now dead and you wife and kids have been raped cause you couldn't rack the slide in time.

That's one of the largest leaps of logic and "what if" I've read on this forum.
    How did they crash through my door and close the distance to me and begin raping my wife before I could rack the slide? I'm confused, and clearly covered in molasses.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    That's one of the largest leaps of logic and "what if" I've read on this forum.
    How did they crash through my door and close the distance to me and begin raping my wife before I could rack the slide? I'm confused, and clearly covered in molasses.

Home invasions come to mind??? Come through the door, weapon in hand, shoot you, subdue your wife then child, and then they do as they wish with them.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Home invasions come to mind??? Come through the door, weapon in hand, shoot you, subdue your wife then child, and then they do as they wish with them.

I tire of the "what-ifs" on this forum. I know my wife would be pissed if I told her a gun wasn't chambered when it was. I consider myself less of a man if I lie to my wife to avoid confrontation and get my way. EOM.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I tire of the "what-ifs" on this forum. I know my wife would be pissed if I told her a gun wasn't chambered when it was. I consider myself less of a man if I lie to my wife to avoid confrontation and get my way. EOM.

Well that "What If" is something that could easily become a reality in your life. Crime can and will happen anywhere. It's not restricted to one area, the rate is just higher in that area.

Far as lying to your wife, no I wouldn't recommend that either.

EnochRoot43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Anderson
    AAAAC3ZamFgAAAAAAOBxlg.jpg

....and tell her that you will carry with one in the chamber. Lying about it is pretty lame, and so is having an arm grabbed and not being able to rack the slide if required. Opps, sorry...another "what if" that is clearly beyond the realm of possibility.

sig shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Spencer, Indian
    I have had to make trips to Indy about 3 times a week. When I do I have been OC'ing my 1911. My wife felt the need to tell me that I am no longer LEO and that I don't need to carry a round in the chamber anymore. She told if I was on patrol that would be different because I may be called upon at anytime to action, but I should have time to chamber a round if I needed. I didn't even argue the point with her. She is very supportive of my gun lifestyle. She doesn't give me much grief at all, but she doesn't understand how quickly something can go down. I value my wife's opinion as she is my best friend, but I think I'll ride with one in the chamber.
    Just tell your wife that just because you are no longer LEO. Does not mean that the bad guys and girls you arrested no longer hate you.

Top Bottom