• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Hmm. Kind of surprised at the INGO silence on Guy's first show. Thought there would be some comments posted last night or this morning.

My impression was it was a good first show. I enjoyed listening to it. Had some interesting callers and was glad he had a chance to clarify the new Indiana SBS law. I will continue to follow this in the upcoming weeks.

Good start, Guy! Keep after it - I think you are a good spokesperson for our 2nd Amendment-protected rights!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hmm. Kind of surprised at the INGO silence on Guy's first show. Thought there would be some comments posted last night or this morning.

My impression was it was a good first show. I enjoyed listening to it. Had some interesting callers and was glad he had a chance to clarify the new Indiana SBS law. I will continue to follow this in the upcoming weeks.

Good start, Guy! Keep after it - I think you are a good spokesperson for our 2nd Amendment-protected rights!
    I haven't had a chance to listen to the podcast yet.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I haven't had a chance to listen to the podcast yet.

I listened to it live over the WIBC app on my iphone. Have not figured out the podcast thing yet. For this one. I listen to a lot of iTunes podcasts. If this gets up on iTunes, I'll probably subscribe to it there.

My favorite (long term listener) firearm related podcast is Gun Talk. ~ 3 hours plus a 20-40 minute after show every week.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I listened to it live over the WIBC app on my iphone. Have not figured out the podcast thing yet. For this one. I listen to a lot of iTunes podcasts. If this gets up on iTunes, I'll probably subscribe to it there.

My favorite (long term listener) firearm related podcast is Gun Talk. ~ 3 hours plus a 20-40 minute after show every week.

I recommend the TuneIn app. It can tune to many radio station streams and allows you to set a timer to automatically record it. I used it to record Guy's show so I could listen to it if I get to mow today. I use it almost everyday to record shows I like to listen to during my commute (get to skip commercials that way).

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I recommend the TuneIn app. It can tune to many radio station streams and allows you to set a timer to automatically record it. I used it to record Guy's show so I could listen to it if I get to mow today. I use it almost everyday to record shows I like to listen to during my commute (get to skip commercials that way).

I have the Tune-in App. Use it for some other stations regularly.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Good show yesterday. Maybe pot down your guests a little after they ask their question. The squeaky door motorcycle engine sound in the background was cracking me up.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Just got done listening to yesterday's show. Guy, if you're reading this, you done good. Congratulations on your first show and I'll be listening next week.

ETA: Did Fenway let you drive the Bugatti today for plugging INGO on your show? :):

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Just got done listening to yesterday's show. Guy, if you're reading this, you done good. Congratulations on your first show and I'll be listening next week.

ETA: Did Fenway let you drive the Bugatti today for plugging INGO on your show? :):

Not yet, but I remain naively hopeful!

And thanks for the kind words!!!

Guy

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    By the way - as I posted on a similar thread in the Break Room - I love doing the show and I'm really looking forward to improving it a lot.

Please send me any and all suggestions for topics, guests, ways to make the show better - you name it. All input is appreciated!

I've been a lawyer for 32 years and a firearms instructor for almost 20, but I'm a rookie radio host - so I know I have a lot to improve upon!

Thanks, INGO!

Guy

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Here's an idea. Just typing out loud but what do you think about getting some not-so-wild-about-guns type legislators on your show to discuss possible legislation? I'd think asking rabid anti-gun folks to appear might just turn into a Fox-style shouting match but getting on the fence types for some reasoned discussion might help get some legislation done.

When you and Jim Lucas were discussing Mr. Tully's recent article, I thought it might be fun to have him on.

This one might be tough but if you could find folks that have had to use their guns in a self defense situation to come on and talk about the repercussions of their experiences. I don't know if there'd be many that would be willing to do it but gun owners should be aware of the various effects of using deadly force can have afterwards.

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    Guy, thanks for doing this. The more level-headed folks we have talking positively about lawful firearm use, hopefully the more folks we have on our side...or at least leaning our way. Good luck!!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    How about a discussion about the various gun control laws (both state and federal) that either are or have existed. For example, over the last couple of years, we've heard a lot of noise about universal background checks. it is my understanding, that Indiana used to have one as well and it was useless.

Many INGOers know about NFA and GCA but maybe many of your listeners won't. How did they come into existence? Background on who wrote them, what the effect has been on gun owner rights, and things of that nature? Another aspect -- about controlling the carrying of firearms being related to racial issues?

In other words, let's educate folks on the laws we're enduring and therefore why we should all support leaving them all in the dust bin of history.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom