• ...and so much more!
  • ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    There is NO WAY I want my car to unlock all doors, just because it goes into park.
    Interesting, there is no way I ever want my doors to lock, although I've gotten used to it in most of the vehicles.
    If it locks itself, it'd dang better sure unlock itself. Put it back the way you found it!!
    The majority of the vehicles sit with the keys in them 24/7, so I know it's a different world than most.

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    Interesting, there is no way I ever want my doors to lock, although I've gotten used to it in most of the vehicles.
    If it locks itself, it'd dang better sure unlock itself. Put it back the way you found it!!
    The majority of the vehicles sit with the keys in them 24/7, so I know it's a different world than most.
    Yeah….only time I need my doors locked is when I am NOT in the vehicle.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Mine only unlocks when you pull the key from the ignition. But unlock at park is another (totally less safe) option as well. You just have to go into the driver convenience settings and tweak them.
    Pull the key from the ignition? What is this 2010?

But in all seriousness, my last two vehicles were push button start. Do they still make cars that use keys normally and not just as a back up?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Pull the key from the ignition? What is this 2010?

But in all seriousness, my last two vehicles were push button start. Do they still make cars that use keys normally and not just as a back up?
    I'm laughing, up until last week my rides were a 1999 4x4 Ranger, a 2000 CC F350 dually. My son had a 2017 Malibu and he bought a Corvette, the dealer made the offer on his Malibu and sent me a text asking if I would pay xxxxx for his Malibu? I was waiting in the showroom, I texted I would pay that.
    Very strange driving something that doesn't get 16 mpg.
    When the deal was done I ended up with a key less ride with satellite radio and a key fob. It tells me with beeps, hey hey, you left the fob in the car again..

My girls 2017 GMC Terrain has a key.

Top Bottom