• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Thanks for the link to Robertsons Trading Post. They currently have 20 CZ75's for sale. They don't mention anything about pre B models. The date of mfgr on all their current guns is 1986 and 1992. Can anyone confirm if they are the pre B models, what the pre B stands for, and if one year is better between the 86 and 92 model years?

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    The main attraction, for me, is the superlative ergos that the design offers. I also prefer a thumb safety on the frame rather than the slide, but that's likely due to the fact that I "cut my teeth" on the 1911. Being able to carry my full-sized Witness (purchased before 'real' CZs were imported) and my 97B .45 ACP in Condition 1 if I choose is another plus to me for the same reason.

The only reason I haven't got a genuine CZ 75 is because my Witness is still perking along just dandy after multi K rds, has yet to break or wear out a part (IMO, routine spring replacements don't count. I consider them as preventive maintenance.) has always exhibited stellar functioning with a wide assortment of ammo types, always hits where I point it and is long paid for. If it ain't broken....

I consider that old Witness and my CZ 97B to be perhaps the best values per $ spent I've yet to find. OTB, my 97B grouped every bit a well as the Big Name custom 1911 that I paid more than 3X the money for and waited 9 months to get. It ain't near as 'purty' but it does everything else just as competently.

OMMV, but IMHO a CZ makes for one heckuva good sidearm.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    CZs are awesome.

Winner in production division in the Bianchi cup this year was shooting a CZ.
    IPSC Production division is dominated by the CZ Shadows.
    Of the top 16 shooters at last year's USPSA production nationals, almost half were shooting CZs.
    Militaries and police around the world have tested the crap out of them and found them extremely reliable.

The CZ SP01 Shadow, IMHO, is about as good as a handgun can get. And I've owned pretty much all the major brands as a frame of reference - Glock, HK, Sig, M&P, Kimber etc.
    It's got everything I could want. Great ergonomics, exceptional accuracy potential when I do my part, AMAZING trigger, good heft to soak up recoil like nothing else, and perfect reliability over 4000 rounds (maybe 5k now? I've lost count!) in each of my Shadows. When Glocks choke, my CZs are still running. :D

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I have 2 handguns that have NEVER fail in any way. 1. CZ75B 2. Keltec p32
    CZ prolly 1500 or more rds
    P32 maybe 500-600 rds my young boy loves to shoot this gun.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Dang it! I have tried to keep the CZ greatness on the down low, now everybody will want one and the prices will continue to climb. :rolleyes:

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I drank the Kool-Aid @ both best9mm.com and here. Bought a 75BD. All steel, well built, shoots well. Indestructible, @ least that's what the kool-aid and the UN says. I've put about 500 rnds through it and like the feel. This is my first hand gun. I trained with an M&P 9mm (polymer). Nice pistol that! But, in my soul, I feel that if little stick go powerful BOOM!, it ought to weigh something. It does. And I like the feel of steel in my butt crack.:D

Last edited:

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Thats it... I'm going to have to ask the guys at Midwest to pull one out of the case and let me have a look.

A little bit off topic here... but I notice all the love for their rimfire rifles as well... are they worth the extra couple of hundred over Marlin and Savage?

I really am craving a bolt action rimfire and I want a really nice one I can pass along one day.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Thats it... I'm going to have to ask the guys at Midwest to pull one out of the case and let me have a look.

A little bit off topic here... but I notice all the love for their rimfire rifles as well... are they worth the extra couple of hundred over Marlin and Savage?

I really am craving a bolt action rimfire and I want a really nice one I can pass along one day.

I think CZ quality transcends throughout all the models they make. CZ builds HIGH QUALITY GUNS, not just hand guns.

Thier shotguns are good enough to pry Tom Knapp away from Benelli. That must mean something.

A CZ rimfire in my opinion would be a much better canidate for passing through the generations than anything made by today's Marlin.

The Savage wil still be a quailty piece and would serve you well. But the CZ would truly be somthing special.

Just my:twocents:

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I have also been wanting to check out the CZ line of firearms. From what I am hearing it sounds like I can't go wrong. However I'm not sure just where to start. More thought...........

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Think they were hard to find last week? month ,yr, After this thread there ain't one in the tri-state area.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    They're JUNK! Stay clear of them!! DO NOT BUY ANY CZ!!!

Sell or trade all of them you have to me, if that will help you any.... ;)

iMac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    I absolutely love my CZ-75compact. They just feel so well machined and shoot incredible.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    To all who are talking about CZ clones. Know that there is only one true CZ. And that is one made in Uhersky Brod, Czech Republic.

So you can take all your Italian, Israeli, and other "clones" and send them to me! Free of charge! :D

Real CZs will also be accepted!

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    Ill jump in and add that I've only shot one on one occassion but the trigger was short and sweet, repeat shots were fast and easy, the gun felt great in the hand, and iit was just an all around great experience. I nearly bought one after that, still would if I were in the market for such a thing.

hemicharger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   1
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anywhere
    620cbd91.jpg

Don't be jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom