• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    Nice post Rambone. I was going to post some videos but I figured if they were goin to fall in line and not do any serious research on their candidate of choice me spoon feeding it to them probably wouldn't have helped.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Nice post Rambone. I was going to post some videos but I figured if they were goin to fall in line and not do any serious research on their candidate of choice me spoon feeding it to them probably wouldn't have helped.

Who cares what Romney stands for. His last name isn't Obama.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Never again will I sacrifice principle for 'electability'. That sort of :bs: is what lead us down the road we are currently travelling. The notion that X is the best choice simply because X is marginally better than Y still presents a very false choice. It also excludes the possibility that A through V, and Z are not better than either one.

Ron Paul is the SOLE liberty-loving candidate in this race.
    Ron Paul is the SOLE conservative candidate in this race.

Ron Paul is the SOLE principled candidate in this race.

Ron Paul is the SOLE honest candidate in this race.

Ron Paul is the SOLE candidate in this race.

Voting for anyone else, in my opinion, particularly when one knows what is at stake and the TRUE positions of the candidates involved, is committing at least a high crime of conscience, if not declaring war on this nation. If you can find it in yourself to vote for anyone other than the good doctor, then your conscience is very much asleep, and your mind too is very likely out to lunch at the moment.

I vote with the intention of bettering my country for the sake of my loved ones and my countrymen. I do not vote to help elect the 'frontrunner,' the 'unknown' candidate, or half-truthful half-conservatives. This rush to compromise got us Obama and his near-total, if not sole, destruction of this nation. I will not have that happening again and the weight of that on my conscience. Never will I choose the lesser of four very, very, very evil candidates for the highest office in this formerly Great land.

Asking me to vote for someone who is demonstrably evil, a demonstrable actor in bad faith, and a liar to boot - which describes everyone in this race except Ron Paul - is that what you would ask of me, and our countrymen? No. Never and never again.

Ah someone from the NOBRP crowd.:yesway: Let us know how this love fest works out for you. There have been others throughout history that had that kind of hypnotic ability on the masses.....

WoW that's almost as scary as what the mindless people that voted Obama into office said about him.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Ok, video #2. He didn't talk about "his" lawyers, he was talking about government lawyers looking into whether the President needs Congressional approval to commit US forces. Personally I don't believe every time the Commander in Chief needs to make a quick decision he has the time to wait for approval, he must act although then he must seek approval to keep forces in the field. Sorry times have changed, we don't have the luxury of the oceans protecting us for days or weeks like we did 200 years ago. We have to adapt somehow to the changing world around us.

#3. He discusses having military options on the table, but seeking tough sanctions first.

#4. He talks about the TSA needs to be better at what they do. Since the TSA isn't going away (although we all wish it would but it isn't) I can agree somewhat it needs to do it's job less intrusively. How I don't know. So I suppose I can't agree with him on this.

#5. Join a group that declares it is an enemy of the United States, sorry you committed treason IMO and you give up your right to due process.

I don't have time to go thru each one. One other I watched that I totally disagree with Romney on is about the bailouts. Still I don't see him spending trillions of dollars like Obama. BTW, you made the charge he helped his cronies. Exactly which of his cronies did he help out, or was that just a blanket statement.

So there you have it.:yesway: I don't agree with Romney on several subjects, but I will stand by my opinion. While far from the perfect candidate, to compare him and say he is no different than Obama is just plain silly.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ok, video #2. He didn't talk about "his" lawyers, he was talking about government lawyers looking into whether the President needs Congressional approval to commit US forces. Personally I don't believe every time the Commander in Chief needs to make a quick decision he has the time to wait for approval, he must act although then he must seek approval to keep forces in the field. Sorry times have changed, we don't have the luxury of the oceans protecting us for days or weeks like we did 200 years ago. We have to adapt somehow to the changing world around us.

#3. He discusses having military options on the table, but seeking tough sanctions first.

#4. He talks about the TSA needs to be better at what they do. Since the TSA isn't going away (although we all wish it would but it isn't) I can agree somewhat it needs to do it's job less intrusively. How I don't know. So I suppose I can't agree with him on this.

#5. Join a group that declares it is an enemy of the United States, sorry you committed treason IMO and you give up your right to due process.

I don't have time to go thru each one. One other I watched that I totally disagree with Romney on is about the bailouts. Still I don't see him spending trillions of dollars like Obama. BTW, you made the charge he helped his cronies. Exactly which of his cronies did he help out, or was that just a blanket statement.

So there you have it.:yesway: I don't agree with Romney on several subjects, but I will stand by my opinion. While far from the perfect candidate, to compare him and say he is no different than Obama is just plain silly.

On this I fully agree. Those making this blanket claim are not fully informed or they voted for Barry.....Just saying.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Who cares what Romney stands for. His last name isn't Obama.

Thats the premise the dems used to get Kerry in office and it worked so well.

If i've said it once i've said it as million times. If "we" keep voting for whomever is put forward then dont be surprized at the turd sandwich that is on the ballot, because "they" know that turd will still get the votes because its not the douche on the other party's box. Go ahead and vote mr NDAA suporting, romneycare creating, anti gun supporting, (insert others here) Mitt Romney, but dont cry when he does the same stuff Obama is doing

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I could maybe see voting them out of office but if you're essentially putting the same person in office.....where's the change? Romney is on record supporting some of the same things Barry is harped on about. Come election time he's saying something else, I'm supposed to take him at his word? Just because.

You are not really saying that Barry and Romney are the same....Really..Please.
    Romney may not be the answer but he is by far better than Barry. Too much Kool Aide.....JMHO.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    The real reason Romney will not ban guns is because, if elected, a president doesn't have that kind of authority.

OP is guesswork and/or wishful thinking.

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    HAHAHAH.jpg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I've watched the first one already. Can't say I agree with every stance he took but I didn't really hear any "warmongering" as you put it.:dunno:
    Violent imagery, promise of expanding the military, promise of intervening in a sovereign nation. It is what it is.

Congress is the people's voice. They are not weeks away. Romney thinks that the people of the United States should have no say in whether or not the country goes to war. Representative government has been replaced by a dictator.

Sanctions *are* an act of war.

The TSA getting better at searching Americans is exactly what I don't want. Its not their job. This is all about more police state. Exactly why I posted it.

And what if the evil traitor is falsely accused? Lets not waste our time allowing him to defend himself.

Just let the executive branch point a finger at a man, and then execute him?

This is exactly what I'm talking about. More police state.

One other I watched that I totally disagree with Romney on is about the bailouts.
    :yesway:

BTW, you made the charge he helped his cronies. Exactly which of his cronies did he help out, or was that just a blanket statement.
    We could start at the top of Mitt's donor list and find some of his cronies.

Top Contributors to Mitt Romney

Recipients of the $700 Billion Bailout

My statement was more war, more police state, and more bailouts. Do we agree yet?

kolob10

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Beautiful Southern Indiana
    I tire of voting for the lesser of two evils but nonetheless I vote. I choose to educate myself on as many issues facing us as I can and then make an informed decision. I fear more those who declare that they are not voting or are giving up than I do about those who are misinformed and vote. We are a pampered nation. We wallow in our prosperity and liberty. The founding father were inspired men who couldn't agree among themselves on any given day on several issues but when the time arose for them to be united, they moved forward. They didn't give up or give in to public slandering or threats at home or abroad. They put their lives on the line not just their mouths.

If you tire of politics as usual, then get out and make things happen that pleases you.
    Otherwise, continue to complain while sitting on the couch with full bellies while complaining about the 250 channels on TV with nothing to watch. There are several among us and I list a few:

Those who talk about change
    Those who plan for change
    Those who make change happen
    Those who complain about change
    Those who asks "what changed"

Where do you lie????

Get involved before opportunity passes from view.

retiredff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Shelbyville
    LOL!

Newsflash for you.... the right to keep and bear arms is the right that ensures all the others.

What good will your AR be without ammo?

I have read numerous posts saying the D's or R's will take our guns. EXACTLY how will they do that? If someone comes to my door, knocks and says hand 'em over, they WILL get them but NOT in a way they wanted. The Congress couldn't win "the war on drugs", so how will they win "the war on taking our guns"? IMHO, they won't because they know they can't! If u really want to change this country, replace all incumbents with educated middle class that have ZERO political experience and are NOT LAWYERS! Congress and the special interest groups run this country, we can change that.
    Don't vote for a party, vote for the person. Watch their voting record, if they lied just to get elected, vote them out the next election. They will figure it out in time. Congress works for the people. It's time we stopped treating elected people in this country like "ROCK STARS" and more for what they are: EMPLOYEES.

r

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I tire of voting for the lesser of two evils but nonetheless I vote. I choose to educate myself on as many issues facing us as I can and then make an informed decision. I fear more those who declare that they are not voting or are giving up than I do about those who are misinformed and vote. We are a pampered nation. We wallow in our prosperity and liberty. The founding father were inspired men who couldn't agree among themselves on any given day on several issues but when the time arose for them to be united, they moved forward. They didn't give up or give in to public slandering or threats at home or abroad. They put their lives on the line not just their mouths.

If you tire of politics as usual, then get out and make things happen that pleases you.
    Otherwise, continue to complain while sitting on the couch with full bellies while complaining about the 250 channels on TV with nothing to watch. There are several among us and I list a few:

Those who talk about change
    Those who plan for change
    Those who make change happen
    Those who complain about change
    Those who asks "what changed"

Where do you lie????

Get involved before opportunity passes from view.

Kind of says it all. There will not be a third party president in this election cycle...period. Just not enough organized support and R. Paul will not run third party as his son would be put into that fight.
    We have to slow this train wreck down and put it back on the rails. Romney is politics as usual but he is not the idea-log that Barry has morfed into before our very eyes. Romney is business as usual but not a total leftist. Barry wants to be king of all he survey's.
    Every President we have ever had wants more control. It goes with the mindset. I do not want more war but there will be. This is not a civilized world. Nutjobs are developing nuclear devices and not just power generating facility's....the kind that go "BOOM"...if we do not step in then who will. I do not want to live a post apocalyptic nuclear fallout life style. I do not want to read about a missile strike on one of our coastal towns. These nutjobs will get the capability and they will use it eventually. There will be more war, like it or not. I do not want Barry in the big boy chair anymore. Did not vote for him, will not in the next election. Will not toss my vote out the window of a moving vehicle either. Make it count for something. Not a fan of the offerings presented but what to do.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I love how a vote for Gary Johnson doesn't count, but, if he got enough votes, it would somehow count. Yeah.
    Enough votes for the libertarian candidate WOULD count. Substantially. There are barriers set up in many states that require a parties presidential candidate to get above a certain threshold in order to obtain ballot access. Votes count. Getting above a certain percentage in the presidential election also means access to matching funds, like the gop and dems get. That's a big advantage in the race. And more votes means building a party today that will be a true challenger in tomorrows races. Too many people are only mentally equipped to deal in the short term and can't see past it to tomorrow. Rather sad, but that's the way it is in this country these days. No-one really cares about tomorrow.

XDdreams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    It would seem that in many cases of people being elected to office, whether it's something local or something as big as being elected president, what they say they are going to do differs tremendously from what they actually do. In my opinion these people are bullsh#tters trying to bullsh#t us into believing them, and at least in my eyes, it's easy to see through their white teeth, fancy suits, and scripted speech. With the exception of Ron Paul, none of the other candidates are worth my time. Ron Paul most likely will not win, and is in no way perfect, but is the best choice in my eyes. He doesn't have the evil stink to him that the other candidates do. When you look at the man Ron Paul, you don't see a manufactured idea, you see a man, who in his heart has the best intentions for a country he loves that's being raped.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    For better or worse he is now the "conservative candidate." He is in bed with the NRA, the tea party, etc and he has made a huge deal about being conservative. Romney is NOT going to ban your weapons. At least not in his first term.

Just like how Obama was the liberal candidate who was in bed with the Cindy Sheehans and was going to end all the wars, was going to stop using the DoJ to go after legal medical marijuana peoples, was going to be anti-lobbyist influence, etc. :yesway:

Why you should vote for Romney:
    1. Ron Paul can't win. And even if he did, the powers that be would never let him do most of the stuff he wants to do anyway.

The budget mess (or lack of budget) would very possibly remain the same because no one wants to cut spending like Paul is suggesting but no one wants to double everyone's taxes to make up for the deficit.

I imagine though that Paul would ask the CIA to stop using drones to light up funerals. I'd be happy with that. Plus we might save a few bucks.

2. Obama WILL ban your guns as soon as he is re-elected

I don't see him banning guns any sooner than a President Romney would. They both have made similar quotes with regards to firearms.

3. Obama will sell out our military even more than he already has

If by sell out you mean rent, I completely agree. As will Romney. They both believe we must protect BP's oil and natural gas interests at any cost.

4. Obama knows **** about restoring prosperity to the country

And Romney did an amazing job restoring prosperity to the state he governed. Wait. Never mind. Plus I thought you implied earlier that this sits more with a Congress who is willing to work with or against a President.

5. Obama wants to destroy the America that we love

Romney will just damage it, not completely destroy it. :dunno:

6. Romney may actually know something about economics

Elect him to the Senate or Congress? Appoint him as Sec Treasury then? The Executive Branch's job is law enforcement and command of the military. Romney and Obama have the same views on War on Terror, NDAA, War on Drugs, both banker friendly (not likely to see prosecution for open fraud during banking meltdown and that was the only bailout that Romney liked), think Bernanke is a genius, etc. [/quote]

7. Romney will not deliberatley fan the fire of race and class wars

I dunno. He and Ted Nugent are friends now. :D

8. Romney will not bow down to the leaders of a foreign power

True. Just the leaders of foreign corporations...

9. Romney will not persecute Christians and seek to remove God from our state

Obama has overstepped bounds in one direction, who is to say that Romney wouldn't overstep in the opposite direction. Who knows, maybe Mitt thinks he is the White Horse?

10.It pretty much impossible to be worse than Obama has been.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Top Bottom