• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    is that: "we check our supplier prices BEFORE going to the gun show and adjust accordingly" or "we base our prices off the perceived current market" or "we adjust prices accordingly with what we ACTUALLY spent on what's currently in inventory" ;)

Your statement is very vague. You've made this point before, the problem with it is that the public doesn't KNOW the difference in what you consider to be "adjusting with YOUR prices." As the consumer, all I know is that from one show to the next prices raise whereas they have remained largely unaffected at LGS or online. :twocents: I buy where the best deal is, unless it's something I need on hand at that moment. Regardless, it simply means that one shouldn't go to a show "uneducated" on CURRENTLY available prices elsewhere.
    we mark up the same percentage over our cost.. period. if we get a gun in at a higher price this week than last week, then the price goes up because it is the same percentage on every gun. We do not adjust what is currently in stock to what we paid this week if it was cheaper last week. the price is the price. If price goes up on an item, it stays behind the scenes until the cheaper one is gone.
    Does that answer your question?
    now for you to say EVERY dealer does it was a broad stroke on your part. Especially considering you don't know the workings behind the counter. :dunno:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    we mark up the same percentage over our cost.. period. if we get a gun in at a higher price this week than last week, then the price goes up because it is the same percentage on every gun. We do not adjust what is currently in stock to what we paid this week if it was cheaper last week. the price is the price. If price goes up on an item, it stays behind the scenes until the cheaper one is gone.
    Does that answer your question?
    now for you to say EVERY dealer does it was a broad stroke on your part. Especially considering you don't know the workings behind the counter. :dunno:
    Well, I know more than you assume. Regardless, I agree that I could have chosen better words than "every" because indeed, I do not monitor EVERY dealer there. I pay attention to the ones who seem competitive in price and have things I'm looking for. I will go back an edit the statement. :yesway:

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I go because I like odd smells and being muzzle sweeped by rednecks.

But really though, I love going just to look at all the toys there and so fourth.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Well, I know more than you assume. Regardless, I agree that I could have chosen better words than "every" because indeed, I do not monitor EVERY dealer there. I pay attention to the ones who seem competitive in price and have things I'm looking for. I will go back an edit the statement. :yesway:

Even though you have never been to our shop, and never will be to our shop, I hate being lumped into the "broad stroke" and I thank you for changing it.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Even though you have never been to our shop, and never will be to our shop, I hate being lumped into the "broad stroke" and I thank you for changing it.
    I understand. I am usually pretty good about staying away from "stereotypes" but I'm human. As a "leader" it's important to be able to recognize one's own mistakes and admit to them to provide learning experiences to build on. I see you're in Indy, what shop is yours BTW?

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Those are the reasons I don't go.

Actually, to be honest, I really don't care for big cities, Indianapolis being no exception.
    Or care for large crowds in general.

Those who go...have fun and stay safe.

Cheers. :ingo:

I love the city, crowds meh. Also I live like 4 or 5 stop lights away from the place, so its easy to get to. Last show my girl friend dropped me and the guys off at the cross walk so we didnt have to pay for parking and then she came and picked us up.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I can't speak for everyone, but at my booth you will not pay one penny more than you can find it online. Many folks have stood beside my booth trying to find a item cheaper, not one person has been successful

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    I can't speak for everyone, but at my booth you will not pay one penny more than you can find it online. Many folks have stood beside my booth trying to find a item cheaper, not one person has been successful

If everyone had that train of though then company's like yours would drive online places out of business or at least keep them and the other LGS honest with their prices.

On a side note im gonna shoot you a PM about a scope for a 22 im looking at building up. Its all in planning stages right now but i would like to push business your way if at all possible.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I understand. I am usually pretty good about staying away from "stereotypes" but I'm human. As a "leader" it's important to be able to recognize one's own mistakes and admit to them to provide learning experiences to build on. I see you're in Indy, what shop is yours BTW?

This is the weirdest, most "pat yourself on the back" way to say "I'm Sorry" I have ever read.

Bravo sir.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    I also HATE big city's and crowds so that just doesnt sound like fun at all....and the dealing with the crowds to see the guns is NOT an even remotely fair swap to me.

Mossberg84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    I'm going mostly because I just have never been. Also it will be nice to see so many different guns. There aren't that many places for guns here in Crawfordsville, only 1 LGS, Big R and a pawn shop.

Top Bottom