Why does the National Weather Service need 16,000 rounds of .40 S&W JHP's?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    They can see the writing on the wall as well as any of us. The house of cards can't stand forever. They'll gladly use our taxdollars to prepare themselves.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    They can see the writing on the wall as well as any of us. The house of cards can't stand forever. They'll gladly use our taxdollars to prepare themselves.

Oh noes! Retired cops who work security for a .gov agency have pistol ammo!:runaway:

It's pistol ammo for retired cops who work as security guards. If they are buying AFVs, helicopters, support weapons, radios . . . Ok, THEN we get a little curious, but this is just pistol ammo so the chair polishers have something to stuff in their mags and go to the range with.

This isn't NOAA SRT. Wait, *talking into tape recorder* new reality show idea, NOAA SWAT.

"Stop in the name of the weather! We have a search warrant for your rain gauge."

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Maybe they're getting death threats from the greenies that are mad the NWS is not pushing the global warming hoax with enough zeal :laugh:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Oh noes! Retired cops who work security for a .gov agency have pistol ammo!:runaway:

Didn't you just post a thread about $100+ Trillion in unfunded liabilities? You must be cognizant that some troubled times lie ahead.

So now the friendly bureaucrats are arming themselves, fortifying Doppler Radar, and preparing to protect their weather balloons and their green screen studios. Seems legit.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would assume they might have some facility security guards or when going to some area to inspect, they may need security with them. Everyone wants to have the chance to shoot looters.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010

It's pistol ammo for retired cops who work as security guards. If they are buying AFVs, helicopters, support weapons, radios . . . Ok, THEN we get a little curious, but this is just pistol ammo so the chair polishers have something to stuff in their mags and go to the range with.

This isn't NOAA SRT. Wait, *talking into tape recorder* new reality show idea, NOAA SWAT.

"Stop in the name of the weather! We have a search warrant for your rain gauge."

DAMN you and reasoning!!!! You're taking all the fun out of my paranoia!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    How about this thought...

The NWS might just have some sites that are guarded...
    Those Guards might just carry something in the .40 Short and Weak round...
    Those same Guards might just need to qualify, and practice occasionally...

Nah...
    that makes to much damn sense, carry on with your conspiracy thoughts. They are much more of an intellectual endeavor, and will lead to a much better future for all of us...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    jeremy, good grief, man, get a hold of yourself. Don't you realize that the guy that spent a hitch in the Army and then came home to be a street copper for 27 years and then a federal security guard . . . *whisper* will have ammo in his pistol. We are through the looking glass here, people.

Here is an example of such a mad attack dog that WE are arming:

PHILLIPS.jpg

Look at him, out there plotting . . . his next heart health egg white omelet and coffee on Saturday morning with the other retirees from the Sheriff or City to discuss the grandkids last baseball game. There is no hope!

dmil12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    Several months ago when the dept of homeland security and TSA bought something like 20 million rounds of .40 cal, I sent a letter to Sen Lugar inquiring why they needed so much ammo, because a really don't hear about DHS in the news fighting gun battles very often or EVER - they are not the DOD.

I received a response back that he would inquire into this. A couple months later I got a letter forwarded to me through Lugar's office from DHS explaining that .40 cal ammo is the standard ammo that they have been using for the past 10 years that is why they buy it - DID NOT ANSWER MY QUESTION relating to why SO MUCH.......

Maybe I will send another letter about this. Thanks for bringing it up.....

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Several months ago when the dept of homeland security and TSA bought something like 20 million rounds of .40 cal, I sent a letter to Sen Lugar inquiring why they needed so much ammo, because a really don't hear about DHS in the news fighting gun battles very often or EVER - they are not the DOD.

I received a response back that he would inquire into this. A couple months later I got a letter forwarded to me through Lugar's office from DHS explaining that .40 cal ammo is the standard ammo that they have been using for the past 10 years that is why they buy it - DID NOT ANSWER MY QUESTION relating to who SO MUCH.......

Maybe I will send another letter about this. Thanks for bringing it up.....
    Well don't blame us when those black weather balloons start hovering over your house! You gon be on da list!

Top Bottom