• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A "Bandwagon Jumper"? One that believes "It's newer so it must be better" crowd?

A woman is based upon a 180,000 year old design and yet they seem to function as well (if not better) than the latest blow up dolls produced out of the latest plastics...IMHO ofcourse...

And you would know this how exactly....Just curious not biased..........:laugh:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Hell, if that's the case the Army could have saved a lot of money by just sticking with the Springfield Musket. :rolleyes:

Little bit different needs. There is a discussion in the training forum right now talking about instructors with and without combat experience. There are some similarities between people wanting to defend themselves and soldiers in a war zone, but there are also a lot of differences.

#1 criteria for a handgun kept for self defense - It has to be reliable. The Glocks and M&Ps just happen to be able to accomplish that task with very little fuse. For law enforcement use I would say this is a better choice. For the armed citizen who is willing to purchase and maintain a nice piece of equipment I would argue the 1911 still has a place.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    A "Bandwagon Jumper"? One that believes "It's newer so it must be better" crowd?

A woman is based upon a 180,000 year old design and yet they seem to function as well (if not better) than the latest blow up dolls produced out of the latest plastics...IMHO ofcourse...

Nah, you want the plastic versions of women. The older metal models tend to rust when you, uh....ya know. Unless you carry one of those oil cans around like the Tin Man.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Little bit different needs. There is a discussion in the training forum right now talking about instructors with and without combat experience. There are some similarities between people wanting to defend themselves and soldiers in a war zone, but there are also a lot of differences.

#1 criteria for a handgun kept for self defense - It has to be reliable. The Glocks and M&Ps just happen to be able to accomplish that task with very little fuse. For law enforcement use I would say this is a better choice. For the armed citizen who is willing to purchase and maintain a nice piece of equipment I would argue the 1911 still has a place.

I completely agree here.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Hell, if that's the case the Army could have saved a lot of money by just sticking with the Springfield Musket. :rolleyes:

You roll your eyes more than my 10 year old niece but that's okay..Modern world and all of that so I won't judge..I had no idea we were talking about film, the military, etc...I thought we were talking about self defense weapons amongst regular folks that live in the USA in modern times....The stats were from the last ten years....I appreciate all of the rep this little give or take with you has given me but I am not arguing that a 1911, revolver, etc...is better than the $89.00 Glock (to manufacture)that retails for $500....I am stating that it really doesn't matter according to real world stats amongst folks that live in the real world and don't worry about things like "If I got 14 guys coming after me I want more than 7 rounds.."

IMHO ofcourse

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Do you have trouble finding a hitching post in the Home Depot parking lot? Or do you tie old Blue to the shopping cart rack?

So the First Recon Marines who have went back to the 1911 ride horses???? SWAT teams and SIS ride horses in LA on their way to raid a home??? In order for humor or sarcasm to work there needs to be an element of truth or an element of thought...I am sure it seemed witty when you first typed it out but now knowing that the 1911 is used by numerous agencies in their work does make the comment seem kind of...well....Silly...

But that is okay...The world needs more silly.....

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    I thought we were talking about self defense weapons amongst regular folks that live in the USA in modern times....

What does the cost to manufacture a Glock have to do with it's ability as a self defense weapon? You're simply taking the long way around the barn to argue against the common sense fact, that less ammunition is not an advantage in ANY self defense scenario, regardless of how much you like trying to point out that it's insignificant, by posting more data than a NASA Moon shot generates.

If you're comfortable having fewer rounds, don't let me stop you. Just don't try to sell me on the concept.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    Always worthy of a repost. Covers everything you need to know.

[video=youtube;HfJj90eNIfE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfJj90eNIfE[/video]

1:05 to 1:13 says it all.

[video=youtube;dYEd-3iy4QM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYEd-3iy4QM[/video]

[video=youtube;9lsA4KVPbew]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lsA4KVPbew[/video]

Top Bottom