• Status
    Not open for further replies.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'm sorry that you have such a negative view of the situation. I can't speak for you or anyone else, but I can say that I've personally never seen disrespect from any of the mods. I can't say the same for every user (no one in particular) here, though. :twocents:
    Not being privy to PM content does make for a limited viewpoint.

As as one of the petulant, childish instigators who just wakes up every morning with the singular goal of making life miserable for the mods, I would like to offer up 2 observations.

First, there has been a fair bit of flimflammery being presented as fact. As long as someone keeps saying something that isn't true, yours truly will be there to politely remind the masses thaT someone is misrepresenting reality.

Second, there is a legitimate gripe being presented by members and the only response has been to circle the wagons, close ranks, and deflect with irrelevant claims and counter accusations. The efforts of some to discredit the view of others by lobbing insults and casting doubt on intelligence or maturity is the functional equivalent of tossing the race card.

I have offered to walk the mile in mod shoes. The reaction was nothing short of absolute dishonesty. But I never want to hear the crybaby whining about how none of us know how hard it really is again.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy

As as one of the petulant, childish instigators who just wakes up every morning with the singular goal of making life miserable for the mods, I would like to offer up 2 observations.

First, there has been a fair bit of flimflammery being presented as fact. As long as someone keeps saying something that isn't true, yours truly will be there to politely remind the masses thaT someone is misrepresenting reality.

Second, there is a legitimate gripe being presented by members and the only response has been to circle the wagons, close ranks, and deflect with irrelevant claims and counter accusations. The efforts of some to discredit the view of others by lobbing insults and casting doubt on intelligence or maturity is the functional equivalent of tossing the race card.

I have offered to walk the mile in mod shoes. The reaction was nothing short of absolute dishonesty. But I never want to hear the crybaby whining about how none of us know how hard it really is again.

As I said in many of my posts, I was never referring to one person or event in particular, and I also added the caveat that I obviously don't see everything. I've only commented on my personal experiences and have given the advice (whether it was needed or not I have no idea) that giving respect will go a long way in getting respect.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner

Oh, SNAP!

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township

Did I miss something? What dishonest reply were you met with? There are only three plausible replies that I can think of to someone who asks/offers to become a MOD; Yes, No, Maybe. :dunno:

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis

I will be the first to admit that I don't read every post on INGO, but it sure looks like I have missed something. You mentioned three times in one thread that you wanted to be considered for the open position of moderator. I forwarded your request to Fenway that day. Last Sunday at the gun show I followed up with him and asked him, personally, to consider your offer.

Are you calling me a liar on the open forum? If so, based on what? If not, to what are you referring?

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Fallacious, but I really really like fell... wait, different thing.

You know, I am way beyond caring whether some leftist wanker publishes an article calling something a logical fallacy. Some things are, some things aren't. I'm intellectually more than capable of distinguishing between the two. Sometimes I just need a guide to the accepted names, because my brain's not wired for names. The slippery slope, however, is a very real thing. It does not refer to one thing following necessarily from another, but to one thing taking the opportunity provided by another. Just a tiny example: m'lady and I were discussing gay marriage, and I mentioned the pedos (shh!) She was skeptical, but just a couple of weeks later, there it was, bigger than life, an article about how the pedos wanted some kind of acceptance or other, and I showed it to her. She thought I was some kind of fortune teller or something, being able to predict this stuff, but it's just an application of the [bad word] slippery slope principle. ****est thou not with thine intellectual superiors. Thou shalt not prevail, in fact, thou shalt be ground to a noisome powder underfoot.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Oh, and I shore don' wanna be a mod, so on the off chance anyone was considering the possibility, just unconsider that right now.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    #mbills2223formod

but more appropriately: #AnyoneButJageeForMod :laugh:

that guy, his screen name is jagee... NEED I SAY MORE?!?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hi Everyone.

Suggestion:

KuVmLGD.gif

Status
    Not open for further replies.