Who is more responsible for the problems in this country?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who is more responsible for the problems in this country?

• Total voters

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    No, I think he just has problems making decisions, or has a tendency to be contrary for the sake of being contrary.
    Also, there is no false dichotomy.

You're attempting to argue that the only possible contributions are from the poor or the rich (or by extension, the representatives acting on their behalf).

Not unlike the old "Are you still beating your wife?" example, it is both intellectually dishonest in its intent and ignorant (willful or otherwise) of the existence of other options. That is exactly what a false dichotomy is.

In addition to disregarding the basic rules of logical discourse, you've also chosen to ignore the basic rules of civil discourse. If anyone is being contrary with a purpose, it is you.

ranjah6

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Rich,poor. We as a NATION are failing. This problem we see didn't come about over night. Bleeding hearts are killing us.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I'm of a like mind as most of the others. I didn't vote because the correct choice is not there.

We are all responsible to varying degrees. But who is most responsible? If I had to point a finger it would be at the politicians that have failed us so miserably. I don't respect our government, I respect the authority. I fear our government but I don't respect it.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    All this hoopla over one of the easiest Q ever asked on this fourm (that can't be answered by READ THE FAQ).

Drum roll please:

Those of poor character.

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    The poor is always trying to figure out how to get something free from the government. The middle and upper class does not qualify for all the free handouts.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    The false dichotomy in your question would be obvious to my four year old daughter.

Not unlike the old "Are you still beating your wife?" example, it is both intellectually dishonest in its intent and ignorant (willful or otherwise) of the existence of other options. That is exactly what a false dichotomy is.

And you both fail.

I never said that there were only two sources of the problems in this country. I never discounted the fact that there are other sources for the problems in our country. I merely pointed out two of many possibilities and asked which which was MORE responsible. Not fully responsible, not even mostly reponsible, but which was MORE responsible than the other.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I voted the poor, because there are more of them and they just lay down and allow the rich to become powerful and **** them over. its not just the poor though, its also the middle class. if you voted for obama, coats, lugar, and many other return politicians, you helped **** over this country. thanks!

vote for a new candidate, like libertarian. if people would buck up and do it then we would see real change. the problem is people dont wanna see constitutional change because then they would have to kiss all their freebies goodbye. Im just wishing for a massive population decrease in the world. then maybe things can be restructured.

Rsmith

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Morgan County
    We are trillions in dept. and goverment can't agree to cut one half of one percent of that dept. Looks like we are in good hands. :laugh:

TWiskey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    well here goes again Tgunter you were asking for help finding .358 Enterkin dies no problem Twiskey

Top Bottom