Which chain restaurant has the worst food?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Pretty sure I can safely say there is no where in Clark county that I enjoy eating.

Edit: The Texas Roadhouse is ok I guess.
    They all come in and most are good at first then slowly go downhill. Too much retail and restaurants and not enough to properly staff for good service. And it doesn't take long for the employees who are good to get tired and quit caring.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    We got a culvers here in Jasper a few months ago so I thought I would give it a shot. I had their ruben the first time, because it is the best sammich in the world, and it was pretty good for a fast food ruben. Next time I went with the mushroom and swiss, because that is the best burger in the world, and talk about greasy... It almost made me sick to finish the burger. I now know why they call them butter burgers, there is more butter than burger.

I most likely will never go to one again, but if I do I will stick to the ruben and frozen custard which was pretty good.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    We got a culvers here in Jasper a few months ago so I thought I would give it a shot. I had their ruben the first time, because it is the best sammich in the world, and it was pretty good for a fast food ruben. Next time I went with the mushroom and swiss, because that is the best burger in the world, and talk about greasy... It almost made me sick to finish the burger. I now know why they call them butter burgers, there is more butter than burger.

I most likely will never go to one again, but if I do I will stick to the ruben and frozen custard which was pretty good.
    The Culver's in Clarksville was pretty good under the old owner. New owner, not so much. The one in Corydon is good.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I’ve always found culvers to be really good if you eat in the restaurant, but really sucks if you carry out, everything just seems to turn to mush. I Haven’t been to the one on veterans parkway for a few years, but yeah, the corydon one has always been good.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I’m scrolling through this thread, wondering what the hell all you picky ****ers eat.

:):

But Fazoli’s is bottom of the barrel, true.
    Chef Boy-Ardee is better Italian.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I’m scrolling through this thread, wondering what the hell all you picky ****ers eat.

:):

But Fazoli’s is bottom of the barrel, true.
    Chef Boy-Ardee is better Italian.
    Healthy food I prepare at home. I eat out 1x per every 1.5-ish weeks. Breakfast. And only for the friendships that we have. When we get everyone in attendance, there are six of us. I consider the $20+ breakfast a small price to pay for the relationships.

Fortunately, my wife will pick me cooking at home over dining out every time.

We were coming home late from a trip and thought we’d stop at this little restaurant in downtown Martinsville. Got seated, looked over the menu, realized we weren’t getting out of that place for less than $75-100. That kind of money spent depresses us so much that we would not have enjoyed the meal.

Went home and cooked eggs and toast for dinner and talked about what we could do with an extra $100. :)

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I eat at a local Deli almost every day. But my second favorite is the GC in Bedford. My absolute favorite place to eat is Moonlite in Owensboro.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Healthy food I prepare at home. I eat out 1x per every 1.5-ish weeks. Breakfast. And only for the friendships that we have. When we get everyone in attendance, there are six of us. I consider the $20+ breakfast a small price to pay for the relationships.

Fortunately, my wife will pick me cooking at home over dining out every time.

We were coming home late from a trip and thought we’d stop at this little restaurant in downtown Martinsville. Got seated, looked over the menu, realized we weren’t getting out of that place for less than $75-100. That kind of money spent depresses us so much that we would not have enjoyed the meal.

Went home and cooked eggs and toast for dinner and talked about what we could do with an extra $100. :)
    Wow. Don't know what they are serving that's $100 for 2 people. I rarely drop more then $30 at Cracker Barrel for me and the wife.

Even Longhorn Steakhouse, where I've never had a bad filet mignon, is way less than $100 for 2 people.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I’ve always found culvers to be really good if you eat in the restaurant, but really sucks if you carry out, everything just seems to turn to mush. I Haven’t been to the one on veterans parkway for a few years, but yeah, the corydon one has always been good.
    Subway
    Fazolis

Wife loves Culver’s, me not so much. It is better when we eat in vs drive thru.
    If the food turns to mush when you do carry out, just what does that tell you about the “food”?
    You think they’re exempt from the pink slime stuff?
    I just don’t trust anybody anymore. At least corporate-run anybody’s.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    If the food turns to mush when you do carry out, just what does that tell you about the “food”?
    You think they’re exempt from the pink slime stuff?
    I just don’t trust anybody anymore. At least corporate-run anybody’s.
    We have eaten At Culver’s before food seemed to be better than other burger places, however seemed like the staff was alway nicer at Culver’s

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I really, really want to say Portillo's is the worst just because of how much people rave about it compared to how bad the food actually is but at least I'm pretty sure the tasteless beef actually is beef, which is more than I can say for any of the supposed "meat" at Subway. I'd also have to put Applebee's as slightly worse than Portillo's.

The best doesn't really exist but if someone would take Jimmy John's bread and put the meat and cheese from Jersey Mike's on it, that would be pretty hard to beat.

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I liked Jersey Mike's, but the first time I went there I was ordering my food and noticed that they were talking a lot to Miss Daisy in front of me. I figured she was just explaining her order to them. So after we eat, and leave Miss Daisy says she never wants to go back there again and I ask why... she said that she was trying to give her order and they had insulted her. If I had known about it in the store I may have ended up on the news.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom