Which Candidate Best Represents You and do You Intend to Support?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which do You Intend to Support with Your Vote? (and why ifyou choose to comment)

• Total voters

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Nope, I've voted for many L' and D's before, I'm registered R, but I do the research and vote who I think is going to do the best job. The party line is a cop out.

Ok, now you have me confused. If you are not a pot head, and you are against abrotion, why is Johnson your guy? Are his others stances so aligned with you that these two don't matter?

What supersedes my views is my belief that you can not have freedom by controlling others as you are now limiting their freedom. What one does with their own body, provided it does not hurt another, is between them and their maker. I believe in individualism, not collectivism. I believe in personal responsibility and accountability. If you can succeed on your own, you can also fail, no matter who you are or how big you are.

Love the sinner, hate the sin. Abortion is not right for me so I would never ask my wife to have one. I can't control someone else's choice and they have to deal with the consequences and I won't judge them for their choices. It's not my place.

We get so wrapped up worrying about what others are or are not doing that we forget to look at ourselves (point out the splinter in someone else's eye while ignoring the log in your own).

I'm also a Stephens Minister and a very active member of my church.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    What supersedes my views is my belief that you can not have freedom by controlling others as you are now limiting their freedom. What one does with their own body, provided it does not hurt another, is between them and their maker. I believe in individualism, not collectivism. I believe in personal responsibility and accountability. If you can succeed on your own, you can also fail, no matter who you are or how big you are.

Love the sinner, hate the sin. Abortion is not right for me so I would never ask my wife to have one. I can't control someone else's choice and they have to deal with the consequences and I won't judge them for their choices. It's not my place.

We get so wrapped up worrying about what others are or are not doing that we forget to look at ourselves (point out the splinter in someone else's eye while ignoring the log in your own).

I'm also a Stephens Minister and a very active member of my church.

Brilliant.

I try to mirror that, and agree with your post whole heartedly. I'm Catholic, so you know my views. I seek refuge in my church, and find peace there when I feel the country has let me down.

I think the grey area boils down to "provided it does not hurt another"

In my eyes, Some, and I truly mean some, govt regulation for the sake of society is necessary. We do owe it to a future generation to shape society and prevent us from regressing to anarchy. Where the line gets drawn is too difficult to measure.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Brilliant.

I try to mirror that, and agree with your post whole heartedly. I'm Catholic, so you know my views. I seek refuge in my church, and find peace there when I feel the country has let me down.

I think the grey area boils down to "provided it does not hurt another"

In my eyes, Some, and I truly mean some, govt regulation for the sake of society is necessary. We do owe it to a future generation to shape society and prevent us from regressing to anarchy. Where the line gets drawn is too difficult to measure.

Agreed. There has to be laws to make a society work. I can think of 10 really good ones.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Nope, I've voted for many L' and D's before, I'm registered R, but I do the research and vote who I think is going to do the best job. The party line is a cop out.

Ok, now you have me confused. If you are not a pot head, and you are against abrotion, why is Johnson your guy? Are his others stances so aligned with you that these two don't matter?

One man's pot is another man's gun. A government big enough to ban pot is big enought to ban guns. A government big enough to tell Adam and Steve that they can't get married is big enought to tell me who I can marry.

Some people need to control others just like they need oxygen.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    How come New Mexico has an income tax?

If he didn't eliminate it in New Mexico in 8 years, what makes you think in 4 years he can eliminate it from the whole US?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    How come New Mexico has an income tax?

If he didn't eliminate it in New Mexico in 8 years, what makes you think in 4 years he can eliminate it from the whole US?
    By supporting the existing legislation for the "Fair Tax", which the current president and his predecessor did not do.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    By supporting the existing legislation for the "Fair Tax", which the current president and his predecessor did not do.

How awesome would it have been for him to institute a fair tax to cover his state wide income tax revenue, then take that to a larger scale as proof that it could work.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    How awesome would it have been for him to institute a fair tax to cover his state wide income tax revenue, then take that to a larger scale as proof that it could work.
    Apparently, you're not up on how legislation at the state level works. It comes from the legislature, not the governor. It's the same in Indiana as it is in NM.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Apparently, you're not up on how legislation at the state level works. It comes from the legislature, not the governor. It's the same in Indiana as it is in NM.

So the Governor had no clout with the legislature to have someone craft and introduce the bill?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So the Governor had no clout with the legislature to have someone craft and introduce the bill?
    Don't know. You could send a letter to Johnson and ask him. As for his clout, it extended to him issuing over 700 vetos of garbage legislation they sent his way. Not sure he had loads of friends in the legislature, but he managed to stop them from inflicting great damage on the state, unlike the previous occupants of the White House.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Don't know. You could send a letter to Johnson and ask him. As for his clout, it extended to him issuing over 700 vetos of garbage legislation they sent his way. Not sure he had loads of friends in the legislature, but he managed to stop them from inflicting great damage on the state, unlike the previous occupants of the White House.

So, if you apply the same logic to his Presidential Bid, how is he going to:

End the War on Drugs
    Institute the Fair Tax
    End the Ban on Gay Marriage
    Remove the troops from wherever.
    Repeal the Patriot Act

He needs Someone to introduce the bill for him, and in NM he was not able to garner enough support to do that. I doubt that he will be able to do it from the White House, this again supports my notion that if you want a Libertarian President, you first should get a handful of Libertarians beneath him. You can't just put him at the top and expect it to work.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The Fair Tax bill gets reintroduced practically every year, and has for years. It's been slowly gathering sponsors for its life on the floor. He wouldn;t need to get it introduced. It already has supporters. Ending the drug war is as simple as an executive order telling the DEA and DoJ to stand down and then zeroing their budgets in the budget you offer up. Ending DOMA, the only real obstacle to gay marriage in the US, is as simple as doing what Obama is doing. Refuse to defend it before the courts and let the courts decide, while stating your support. The CiC can withdraw troops from where ever he wishes. Comes with the job. Getting rid of the USA PATRIOT Act might require more work, but it can be dismantled by the executive with the help of a few legislators. Not that any republicrat will do it. They lack in all categories.

As for the FT in NM. It's a plan for the US, not individual states.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The Fair Tax bill gets reintroduced practically every year, and has for years. It's been slowly gathering sponsors for its life on the floor. He wouldn;t need to get it introduced. It already has supporters. Ending the drug war is as simple as an executive order telling the DEA and DoJ to stand down and then zeroing their budgets in the budget you offer up. Ending DOMA, the only real obstacle to gay marriage in the US, is as simple as doing what Obama is doing. Refuse to defend it before the courts and let the courts decide, while stating your support. The CiC can withdraw troops from where ever he wishes. Comes with the job. Getting rid of the USA PATRIOT Act might require more work, but it can be dismantled by the executive with the help of a few legislators. Not that any republicrat will do it. They lack in all categories.

As for the FT in NM. It's a plan for the US, not individual states.
    So you support Obama's use of executive order to thwart the rule of law?

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    The law often leaves the discretion, as to when and how to carry it out, up to the executive.

The current HC bill is chock full of "will be left to the discretion of the Secretary."

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    So you support Obama's use of executive order to thwart the rule of law?

What I think he means is, a dictator who he agrees with shall rule the people, but when he disagrees with the dictator he wants a democracy. Seems easy enough for me!

Top Bottom