Which Candidate Best Represents You and do You Intend to Support?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which do You Intend to Support with Your Vote? (and why ifyou choose to comment)

• Total voters
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    Here are some links regarding the position on the Second Amendment held by those running for the executive office:

Obama
    Barack Obama on The Second Amendment

Romney
    Mitt Romney on The Second Amendment (This week...)

Johnson
    Johnson on Gun Control

Out of curiosity, which of these candidates best represents you and which do you intend to support with your vote in November?

If you intend to support another candidate, whom will it be and why?

Fixed it for ya...

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Please include in that moment, that little old lady Paul Ryan pushed over the cliff in her wheel chair and the granny Allan West punched out:laugh:

To also include Ronald Reagan as a racist, war mongering Republican, that would push poor children unto the street when he closed the welfare offices to have more money for nuclear annihilation. :rolleyes:

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    It blows my mind that many of you fine gun owners and members of this web blog are willing to take the chance at voting for a third party or BHO, which will certainly jeopardize your 2nd amendment rights or at minimum seriously restrict your 2nd amendment rights. It bothers the crap out of me when at the shooting range, I know that the guy or gal next to me might be support a political party that is out to destroy our 2nd amendment freedom that we both enjoy. I guess I just love my guns and my 2nd amendment right a hell of a lot more than you! InGunOwners! Get it? News flash, BHO and his administration have already demonstrated that they plan on and will destroy your ability to own, buy and shoot your beloved guns!! He will tax us to death, which has already been affirmed by SCOTUS as constitutional. If they can tax you on your health care they will certainly tax the stuffin out of you if you own a gun, want to shoot a gun, etc!! To me without the 2nd amendment, what good are the rest of your rights, because they are taking them away as well. I have no love fest for the republicans, but at this super critical time, we all need to pull together and support someone that can stop King Obama.

Sooooo, we should just ignore the fact that Romney HAS ALREADY banned guns once before?

And why is everyone so quick to blame 3rd party voters for, IMO an inevitable Romney loss, and not the weak hearted campaign he is running?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Sooooo, we should just ignore the fact that Romney HAS ALREADY banned guns once before?

And why is everyone so quick to blame 3rd party voters for, IMO an inevitable Romney loss, and not the weak hearted campaign he is running?[/QUOTE]

The foundation under this reminds me of my sister's mother-in-law. She hates me over the low opinion I had of her son, and the rancor solitified when he died a few years ago. The bottom line is that it is easier to hate me than to admit she raised a little f**kup that I disliked for perfectly defensible reasons.

Likewise, it is easier for the R's to blame Gary Johnson and his supporters than to acknowledge that the GOP once again picked the most p*ss-poor candidate available to put on the ballot, this time with the new low of being obvious in that he is different (and arguably slightly less bad) from Obama in ways which are few and wholly superficial. At least in the past, they made some pretense of offering an actual difference even if in practice it was rarely delivered.

It can't be a problem with the candidate. After all, he SAYS he is a conservative (even though he has never acted on it). The only thing wrong is that Johnson stealing ROMNEY'S votes!

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    It blows my mind that many of you fine gun owners and members of this web blog are willing to take the chance at voting for a third party or BHO, which will certainly jeopardize your 2nd amendment rights or at minimum seriously restrict your 2nd amendment rights. It bothers the crap out of me when at the shooting range, I know that the guy or gal next to me might be support a political party that is out to destroy our 2nd amendment freedom that we both enjoy. I guess I just love my guns and my 2nd amendment right a hell of a lot more than you! InGunOwners! Get it? News flash, BHO and his administration have already demonstrated that they plan on and will destroy your ability to own, buy and shoot your beloved guns!! He will tax us to death, which has already been affirmed by SCOTUS as constitutional. If they can tax you on your health care they will certainly tax the stuffin out of you if you own a gun, want to shoot a gun, etc!! To me without the 2nd amendment, what good are the rest of your rights, because they are taking them away as well. I have no love fest for the republicans, but at this super critical time, we all need to pull together and support someone that can stop King Obama.

What was that about 2nd Amendment rights?

Gun control

During his 2002 gubernatorial campaign, Romney had been a supporter of the federal assault weapons ban, and had also said he believed "in the rights of those who hunt to responsibly own and use firearms."[96] On July 1, 2004, Romney signed a permanent state ban on assault weapons, saying at the signing ceremony for the new law, "Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people."[97] The law extended a temporary measure that had been in effect since 1998 and covered weapons such as the AK-47, Uzi, and MAC-10.[97] The same law also modified some other aspects of general firearms licensing regulations.[97]

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    If people aren't allowed to learn, and change their mind based on new facts, or facts that aren't new, but may be new to them, why do we spend hours on these forums talking and trying to learn from one another?

Perhaps he has some new information, and his new friends at the NRA have educated him a lotte better and now as a result, he has a different stance.

Or maybe it's all about getting votes, and trying to say the right thing as the flavor of the day. I don't know.

I wonder how many homeless, unemployed, poverty stricken people care about the castle doctrine. While the 2A is important, it's just one cog in the wheel of America.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Maybe it's all about getting votes?

Look at Romney's record. He should change his name to Eggo as much as he waffles.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Romney said that a reduction in government spending would send us deeper into recession.

We're screwed.

I wouldn't be amazed at all if under Romney things get much worse than the evil thats in there now...at least we know what obama is....I can literally see Romney going all out on gun control, starting another war, borrowing more $ than obama ever did from china, an doing nothing that makes us less dependent on foriegn oil, thus gas prices continue to climb...guess I'm just a skeptic.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Is Gary Johnson the Best 3rd party candidate, or is there someone you would have liked to see in is place instead?

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Not a third party candidate but I would've loved to see Ron Paul win the nomination.

So applying that to my logic (stay with me for a second) If Gary Johnson is not your BEST pick, but Ron Paul is..... then couldn't your mind also allow you to deviate from Gary Johnson and Vote Romney. You've just agreed to go with the next best thing.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    So applying that to my logic (stay with me for a second) If Gary Johnson is not your BEST pick, but Ron Paul is..... then couldn't your mind also allow you to deviate from Gary Johnson and Vote Romney. You've just agreed to go with the next best thing.

Absolutely! The minute mitt Romney invents a time machine and goes back in time to not support gun control in his state, not implement Romneycare, and not go back and flip flop on every major issue. If he can do that AND change his current views on gun control, patriot act, NDAA, the economy, foreign wars, and crony capitalism then I would happily fly his banner.

Ron Paul is my first choice primarily because he's a genius in my mind on the economy and absolutely loves civil liberties and distrusts the .gov.

Gary Johnson holds very similar views but I think the good doctor is stronger on the economy.

Since Gary Johnson will be on the ballot in November I will vote for him.

It's like asking me to jump over a line in the sidewalk to go from Paul to Johnson. To go from Johnson to Romney, you're asking me to jump to the moon......on Neptune, any of the 13 will do though.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    It's like asking me to jump over a line in the sidewalk to go from Paul to Johnson. To go from Johnson to Romney, you're asking me to jump to the moon......on Neptune, any of the 13 will do though.

The Cow did it, then the dish ran away with the spoon. So it can be done. Open your mind.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    The Cow did it, then the dish ran away with the spoon. So it can be done. Open your mind.

Lol. In the pantry, with a candle stick.

I have a very open mind. I don't smoke pot and I think abortions are murder. It takes a very open mind to say those are my choices and I'm not going to force those beliefs on you.

I've pulled the party line R on every election I've been old enough to vote in. If you've done the same, may I suggest you open your mind to something new and pull that L lever. Oh, it's so dirty but so right :D

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Lol. In the pantry, with a candle stick.

I have a very open mind. I don't smoke pot and I think abortions are murder. It takes a very open mind to say those are my choices and I'm not going to force those beliefs on you.

I've pulled the party line R on every election I've been old enough to vote in. If you've done the same, may I suggest you open your mind to something new and pull that L lever. Oh, it's so dirty but so right :D

Nope, I've voted for many L' and D's before, I'm registered R, but I do the research and vote who I think is going to do the best job. The party line is a cop out.

Ok, now you have me confused. If you are not a pot head, and you are against abrotion, why is Johnson your guy? Are his others stances so aligned with you that these two don't matter?

Top Bottom