• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • syntax357

Plinker
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Syracuse, Indiana
    I personally don't recall what I was doing, work maybe. September 11 will always be a day that will be remembered be me until my last breath. Tomorrow will be a sad day for America. we have overcome the hardship and we are forever changed as a nation. My prayers go out to all the families that have lost loved ones in that tragic event that most want to forget or don't care to take the time to remember. I am an army veteran and 9/11 is something that has touched me deeply and I will never forget. If I offended some I'm sorry but 9/11 should be something that is never forgotten. I feel that this day shouldn't be about what we were doing, it should be about remembrance of the men and women who lost their lives.

Tink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2012
    So. Bend
    Helping my sister-in-law with my brothers birthday cake and shopping for his surprise dinner. We ended up canceling the whole thing.

PwrCruz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Westside Indy
    Remember laying in bed after watching Monday night Football Giants vs Broncos don't remember who won just thinking no more Tequila shots on an empty stomach.
    Head hurting poping aspirin and slamming water like no body's biz trying to log on so I could set my fantasy team lineup. Thinking why the hell can't I log on to the Internet so calling the league manager to ask if he could set my lineup.
    Him asking me if I was serious or joking with what was going in NY so I ask what the hell is happening , him telling me to turn on CNN and grab a cup of coffee and get ready to join Reality.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I was managing the Accounts Receivable department at Stant Mfg. When I came out of my office to get copies off the printer, a couple of my employees and a couple from the payables department were standing around looking at their computer screens. They told me a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center. I had morning reports to do so I just kept an ear open and finished my reports.

A short time later the second plane hit and my employees started talking about it being terrorism. After that I think everyone in the accounting department was watching it unfold on their computer. It was pretty much all we watched and discussed for the remainder of the day. We did only what we absolutely had to do, anything that could wait did.

Initially I don’t think I actually grasped the terrorism concept. I didn’t understand that someone could do something so horrible, intentionally.

One of the creepiest aspects of the attacks for me was when the skies went silent. It was fairly common to hear the planes fly over while we were outside for breaks. It was strange when we no longer saw or heard them. It was almost nerve racking when air traffic resumed a few days later. It was creepy the first couple times the utility company resumed checking the nearby power lines by helicopter. It was never a concern before 9-11.

Prior to the attacks I usually listened to CD’s so I could chose my music and not have to listen to talk or commercials. After the attacks I listened mostly to the radio in case anything else happened. Since I commuted, I did this for at least a couple months or more after the attacks.

It took a while before I relaxed and returned to my old routines. I think I silently held my breath every 9-11 afterwards for the first few years. I am thankful that at least in the US terrorist attacks happen very seldom. I pity the countries that have to deal with the trauma on a regular basis.

buzzined

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Crown Point
    I lived in long Island NY. Lived about 30 miles from the city. Glued to my TV. Military jets were the only thing flying around and there were alot of them.
    I had just been in the city the day before and on the day after I was headed to NJ and when driving over the Varrezano bridge I could see smoke still rising from where the towers use to stand.

I have been to the top of the towers twice. To look down from up there was amazing.

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    In Boston on business. Realized pretty quick I would be stuck there if I didn't act fast. Meetings got cancelled while I was calling rental car agencies trying to rent a car off airport.
    Fortunately I was fast enough to get a van and got our whole team back to Indy that night.
    Cops were ignoring everyone heading west that day.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I was in my high-school "career prep class" or whatever... teaches you how to write a resume and all that good stuff... teacher got a phone-call and she ignored it because she was busy... it just kept ringing and ringing so she finally answered it... it was her daughter who works in the Empire State Building and she said they were being evacuated because somebody flew a plane into the WTC... it wasn't long after that the 2nd one hit... they put the news on in the library and if you weren't in class you could go down there and watch it...

Later that day at football practice there wasn't a plane in the sky... eery...

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    I had only been out of the AF 3 months and was working at an apartment complex here in town. I had gone into one of the units where we were remodeling a bathroom and the tenant told me about the first plane that hit the WTC. She had the TV on and we were watching the live coverage when the second plane hit. I had been in a mobile RADAR unit in the AF and still had just over 3 months of inactive reserve to go, so I spent a lot of time wondering if I was going to get called back up, because I knew damn well the 2nd plane was not an accident. I still know (and can picture) the exact apartment building and unit that I was in when it happened.

Nmathew24

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Indianapolis
    That morning I can still remember where I was... I was on the school bus talking with friends. After being on the bus a for a little while we got to one of my team mates houses his dad was standing outside told the bus driver his son would not be going to school due to the planes crashing. The bus driver turned on the radio all you could hear was alot of talking. I was young I did not know what was going on or what he towers even where, had no idea who UBL was or where Afghanistan. We got to school I remember school police locking ass the doors and placing chains on door no one should be going in and out of. I was scared they were not letting students leave nor letting parents pick them up... I remember my history teacher talking about how there might have been a draft and what not. I can still remember going home that night and watching nothing but the news and seeing the disturbing videos.... I am disappointed in myself for not making the move to join the military any sooner god bless all future, past, and present soldiers, and public safety

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I was working as an engineer's on sight rep getting ready to do footer bearing load testing on the west end of the Lowe's building pad on 6th St. in Vincennes. My truck radio was on pretty loud and everyone within 100 yards just froze.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    On the 9th my wife and our 14 month old son got back from visiting her sister in Maryland. On the 3rd they went NY and went to tower 2

Planned on them getting home so I took the week off to spend time with the boy cause I could not go.

Got up late, put the dogs out,made some coffee sat down in front of the tv while the boy was still sleeping and saw the second plane hit live and spent the next 5 days glued to the tv and radio

Personelly I'm still PIS*%D OFF but thats just me

:patriot:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Freshman year of college, still living at home and I was sleeping.

My Mom woke me up telling me a plain crashed into WTC Tower 1(or 2?) just in time for me to listen to the coverage for about 5 minutes before the second tower was hit. My stomach dropped to what felt like my knees and I said to myself, "holy ****, what in the **** is happening right now?"

I will remember that moment until the day I die.

R.I.P. all of the fallen that day.

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    I was in 5th grade at Lost Creek Elementary School in Terre Haute, IN. My teacher took us to the library right after the first plane hit, and we sit there and watched the news all day. We knew something bad was happening but we never realized the real magnitude of it.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Sitting on top of a steel column with my impact gun and spud wrench waiting for the crane operator to bring the beam into place to be connected.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I was at work, driving down some cold interstate... My brother called me, and asked if I had heard what happened... I went to his house, and watched a plane go into the second tower, for an hour, and then I had to go ... Will NEVER forget...

Top Bottom