• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    What do you like? I think many love the story juxtaposed against the scenery. Others love the story about tough people.

I am beginning to hear some complaints about Yellowstone redoing story lines but what can they do? The show is about the constant stream of those trying to take the ranch…
    We watch all kinds of shows. Just watched an Icelandic cop show called Trapped. Watched two Indian shows Mirzapur and The Family Man. Liked all three. Sopranos, the Wire, Lupin (French), The Village (French).

I think we watched 4 or 5 Yellowstone's and I just couldn't take it. She didn't even remember watching any they were so boring.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    We watch all kinds of shows. Just watched an Icelandic cop show called Trapped. Watched two Indian shows Mirzapur and The Family Man. Liked all three. Sopranos, the Wire, Lupin (French), The Village (French).

I think we watched 4 or 5 Yellowstone's and I just couldn't take it. She didn't even remember watching any they were so boring.

That is a variety! I am rewatching Yellowstone and watched the first three last night, nowhere near the interest level of season two. They were still finding their legs then…

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That is a variety! I am rewatching Yellowstone and watched the first three last night, nowhere near the interest level of season two. They were still finding their legs then…
    Truth. I had to binge watch it before we looked forward to the new shows.
    One left for the year and it’s sad

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I was skeptical at first too, because serial shows like that just aren't usually my thing, but the character development and story lines are pretty good. I never watched Dallas or any of those shows. They just seemed like glorified soap operas, but Yellowstone has a grittier feel to it.
    Maybe you are just older and softer so it just feels grittier.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Interesting. I heard it described as several things, but never boring. . . . until now.
    I never watched more than 4 or 5 episodes. Wife and I both gave up. Perhaps we gave up too soon but one would think that any series would try to get you hooked, and this one certainly didn't.

And having Kevin Costner as a lead surely doesn't help. I'm not sure I liked any of his work except for ....... well I guess I don't have an except for! I think he's a terrible actor.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I never watched more than 4 or 5 episodes. Wife and I both gave up. Perhaps we gave up too soon but one would think that any series would try to get you hooked, and this one certainly didn't.

And having Kevin Costner as a lead surely doesn't help. I'm not sure I liked any of his work except for ....... well I guess I don't have an except for! I think he's a terrible actor.
    If Beth doesn't hook you I don't know what to say.
    beth-dutton-style-1.png

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

He played a great bad guy in the short lived but very sexy Magic City. I loved that series with it’s great 60’s tropical vibe, awesome period cars, and beautiful girls. I would tell you what it was about but I forgot. LOL! Kidding, it was the struggle get out of debt for a family that borrowed from the mob set in a Miami beachfront highrise hotel…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I do believe Beth will be part of an enormous cliff hanger with only 1 more to go this season.
    If you really watch, there are a crap load of life's lessons to be learned.
    Subtle but there if you look.
    WTF was that scene where John tells Beth to leave? His biggest defender? Then she goes out alone with Walker to the barn? You are right huge cliffhanger coming…

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Paid for peacock+ and binge watch all 3 seasons last 4-5 days, now went to paramount that has season 4 this morning and have watched 4 more episodes. If you want to study narcissists and other mental disorders this is worth the watch....lol. Pretty cool seeing "Sawyer" from Lost on, he had another series awhile back but seems it came to a dead end. Is it me or does a 250 million acre ranch with only 10 cowboys seem a little strange.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Is it me or does a 250 million acre ranch with only 10 cowboys seem a little strange.
    Let’s flesh this out a little. The ranch is not 250 million acres.

In the series, the Yellowstone Dutton Ranch has the reputation of being one of the largest ranches in the USA, if not the largest. However, the exact size of the ranch is never explicitly stated in the series. The Chief Joseph Ranch is reportedly spread over an area of approximately 2500 acres. That would only be a fraction of the fictional ranch which is quoted in the series to be the size of Rhode Island.

Considering that Rhode Island is about 776,900 acres and that the largest ranch in the USA, the Kings Ranch, is approximately 825,000 acres, the fictional Yellowstone Ranch should fall between those two figures. Therefore, the Yellowstone Dutton Ranch should amount to somewhere between 775,000 to 825,000 acres in area. In the series, Willa Hayes offers the Duttons $10,000 per acre for a portion of their land. At that price, the ranch’s valuation should stand around $8 billion.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    WTF was that scene where John tells Beth to leave? His biggest defender? Then she goes out alone with Walker to the barn? You are right huge cliffhanger coming…
    John is just realizing she has no moral. No honer in a fight. She is in it to win it regardless. When she said it’s ok to have collateral damage he did not agree. She set that woman up to take a fall to bush her agenda. John did not like that.
    She is about to ride the whirlwind she has created. Not looking good for her.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

In the series, the Yellowstone Dutton Ranch has the reputation of being one of the largest ranches in the USA, if not the largest. However, the exact size of the ranch is never explicitly stated in the series. The Chief Joseph Ranch is reportedly spread over an area of approximately 2500 acres. That would only be a fraction of the fictional ranch which is quoted in the series to be the size of Rhode Island.

Considering that Rhode Island is about 776,900 acres and that the largest ranch in the USA, the Kings Ranch, is approximately 825,000 acres, the fictional Yellowstone Ranch should fall between those two figures. Therefore, the Yellowstone Dutton Ranch should amount to somewhere between 775,000 to 825,000 acres in area. In the series, Willa Hayes offers the Duttons $10,000 per acre for a portion of their land. At that price, the ranch’s valuation should stand around $8 billion.

I often wondered about the cowboy head count myself.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

I exaggerated for effect. The piece of land they wanted for the airport and city was 50,000 acres of the Ranch property. Regardless, only 10 cowboys. Lots of little things I pick at...I keep telling my wife...."that ain't going to happen!" Like flipping a wood desk up to stop bullets.....but I still like
    watching the show.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Is it me or does a 250 million acre ranch with only 10 cowboys seem a little strange.
    The 6666 ranch is real and here is a rundown I found on ranch hands.

The ranch’s management units include 119 pastures that vary from a few hundred acres to nearly 16,000 acres of grassland and cultivation and include 18 solar wells, 29 windmills, 10 submersibles with 66 tubs. There is a full-time person devoted to equipment that maintains the land and as well as managing the cultivation. Employees in general range from 50 to 100, as seasonal needs fluctuate. Of those, nearly 20 are full-time cowboys in the traditional sense of the term.

Since Dutton ranch is fictional we must guess what they have to do and hands needed to do it…

Top Bottom