• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Been trying to learn how some of this works with loads, etc. Looking for a small'ish (panels, batteries & inverter/charger) system to run 240v well pump & other necessities. Possibly to be moved to offgrid cabin in the future. Hoping for something that can be added onto if need be in the future.

I have been looking at;

santansolar.com
    shopsolar.com

Any other recommendations?

thanks in advance.

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    Been trying to learn how some of this works with loads, etc. Looking for a small'ish (panels, batteries & inverter/charger) system to run 240v well pump & other necessities. Possibly to be moved to offgrid cabin in the future. Hoping for something that can be added onto if need be in the future.

I have been looking at;

santansolar.com
    shopsolar.com

thanks in advance.
    I’ve bought some items from bluettipower.com. Ranges from relatively small capacity to over 5kw.

Scott58

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    NW indiana
    Is the Harbor Freight stuff too crappy to use? I have zero experience with solar other than a sunburn.
    Not sure. Never messed with Harbor Freight stuff. Depend on the panel warranty. Mine have a 25 year warranty. My system will be 10 years old next year. Only thing I've had to replace was the batteries 2 years ago.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Looking at my original post, I didn't put correct/enough info.

I was thinking about something like this, along with around 5kw-8kw of panels;

Something to run most household stuff (managed load), except AC.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

I have been looking at;

santansolar.com
    shopsolar.com

thanks in advance.
    Jeephammer is deep into this and has a wealth of knowledge. Think he still has part of a semi load of panels too if you're willing to go to him. May have a couple inverters left too. PM me if you need his contact info.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Found what I thought was a decent 60w foldable array on Amazon. Its on its way back. it had multiple USB outputs plus 12vdc out and seemed to deliver a decent amount of energy.

the 12v output was literally that. Only 12v exactly. So it didnt have enough voltage to trigger any chargers to charge batteries. I could only operate 12v devices while the sun was out. Even the solar charger stared at me and blinked and refused to deliver any current to the charge port. I could charge USB battery banks, but not my 12v lipo.

It would charge my USB battery banks, but thats it.

*Kicks rocks*

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Looking at my original post, I didn't put correct/enough info.

I was thinking about something like this, along with around 5kw-8kw of panels;

Something to run most household stuff (managed load), except AC.
    I like the inverter/battery kit; especially the LiFePo batteries. Reading through the specs it does the basic things, including split phase for 240V.

I can burn through 200AHs overnight running my small refrigerator and the mini split on air conditioner mode. You'll want to add at least 400 more Amp Hours. If you can afford 8kw of panels, then get them.

I've dealt with aimscorp.net, inverterservicecenter.com, invertersupply.com, shopsolarkits.com, solar-electric.com, wholesalesolar.com, and I've gotten some great deals on solar panels on homedepot.com.

Hope this helps.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tre0762
    Top Bottom