• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EODFXSTI

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2020
    Morgan County
    I don't blame you for the first part though that would not be my go to... Might as well run as many 38 as your heart desires in the meantime

There is some sort of coating on the titanium so they say. I guess it is kind of finicky and that is the reason you cannot treat Ti cylinders like steel ones.

45sRfun

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't blame you for the first part though that would not be my go to... Might as well run as many 38 as your heart desires in the meantime

There is some sort of coating on the titanium so they say. I guess it is kind of finicky and that is the reason you cannot treat Ti cylinders like steel ones.
    You are right. In that situation, getting a J-frame back, even an expensive one, will not be the issue or concern. My home defense guns include a Steve (S&W SD9VE) and a Ruger PC9 carbine. I should get more mags for the PC9, like maybe 10 of the 33-round mags and stuff them all full to be prepared. I am in the city so 9mm will suffice around the house IMO.

Wasn't finding the special cleaning advice for titanium cylinders in the manual as it is not in the cleaning section but in a section for gunsmiths:

Titanium alloy cylinders weigh approximately 60% of what a similarly sized stainless steel cylinder weighs and yet is able to withstand the same operating pressures. Care and cleaning of the revolver’s titanium alloy cylinder consists of normal gun clean-ing procedures using high quality gun oil and cleaning solvents when necessary. However, under NO circumstances should the cylinder’s chambers (charge holes) or front face be cleaned with an abrasive material such as sand paper, Scotch Brite™, Crocus Cloth, etc. To do so will disrupt its protective surface layer and greatly reduce the cylinder’s service life because of excessive erosion that will take place while firing and will void your revolver’s warranty.
    A brass brush is not abrasive, but I used nylon to be cautious. But some of the residue from firing the gun might prove to be abrasive as it is cleaned out?

Top Bottom