• ...and so much more!
  • Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    I really got my first pistol at Topps. This was a department store at 30 and 41, next to Kiddeland. I was about 9 or 10 at the time. It was a gorgeous chrome over plastic “6” shooter with a 5” barrel and wonderfully crafted black plastic grips. Must have paid close to a dollar for that beast. Actually you could shoot 30 or more at a time, depending on how large the roll of caps was. Must have put several thousand caps through that gun and ended the life of many a bad guy. Only an occasional non fire and on rare occasion a tear in the cap roll. Just keep the roll dry and you were good. Oh times seemed funner then!

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    From under grandpa's bed.

He gave me a brass frame confederate copy of a Remington cap & ball that had been passed down in his family.

Needed work to make it function, but when it functioned it was dead accurate & I still have it to this day.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I really got my first pistol at Topps. This was a department store at 30 and 41, next to Kiddeland. I was about 9 or 10 at the time. It was a gorgeous chrome over plastic “6” shooter with a 5” barrel and wonderfully crafted black plastic grips. Must have paid close to a dollar for that beast. Actually you could shoot 30 or more at a time, depending on how large the roll of caps was. Must have put several thousand caps through that gun and ended the life of many a bad guy. Only an occasional non fire and on rare occasion a tear in the cap roll. Just keep the roll dry and you were good. Oh times seemed funner then!
    Yes times were funner, and the amount of bad guys and what they would do to you was much differant then. The world is CRAZY!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Makarov in 9x18, at the Indy 1500. Only realized later there was no firing pin. D’oh!

Still have it after 20 some odd years. Did find a firing pin.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Got first store bought handgun at 256 sport garden or as alot of us around here call it "rugheads". Was a ruger security six i bought used and foolishly sold

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Bought my very first handgun at the big flea market that used to be held at the Greyhound dog racing track parking lot every weekend. In Colorado Springs Colorado in 1984. I was stationed at Fort Carson. Wife and I used to go to the flea market every Sunday. Paid $30.00 for a FIE .22cal single action. BTW back then in Colorado there was no such thing as a NICS check handgun or long gun all the same. Legal Cash and carry back then. Man those were the days.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    First pistol from Dicks Sporting Goods. S&W Sigma, as they were called at the time. It was the 9mm because I was told .40 was going away...?? It may have the worst trigger known to man. But I didn't know the trigger sucked because I didn't have any experience to compare it to. I learned to shoot it very well. I still have it and the trigger still sucks.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Spent alot of time in Fetla's and Blyth's in Griffith In. back in the day and purchased a number of firearms over that time period. Between the two I can't remember where I purchased my first handgun. Might have been Blyth's just because they were closer.

Alpha06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2021
    Central IL
    My first firearm at Target in Danville. A Marlin Glenfield rifle Model 60 in .22LR, that was on sale for $59.99. Yeah, it was awhile ago.

My second firearm was a Colt Trooper MK III in nickle, 6" .357 Magnum in the box with all the goodies. Looked like new.

A private FFL that lived outside Danville on Perrysville Road.

Wish I still had that revolver. :(

Jon Smith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2021
    Warsaw
    My first handgun was High Standard .22 revolver. Maybe a Sentinal, I don't remember. I also don't remember which store it came from but it was either Swinford's Texaco or Lapo's Hardware on Michigan RD NW of Indy near Kessler Blvd. Bought .22 ammo at both places for less than a quarter a box. That would have been early 1960's.
    I just bought one of those last year. My mom had one when I was growing up and I had been kinda watching for one. I walked into Two Bear Arms gunshop last year and there it was on the shelf! My wife says that it may have been my last gun purchase. LOL!

Top Bottom