• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    My favorite is the Ford Expedition. I'm not sure if this is still the case, but Range Rover was using their technology. It switches from 2, 4 high, and 4 low on the dash. I have climbed a mountain, got out of impossible mud, and climbed a snow hill. It's 4WD is most impressive. Really slow granny gear, but it moves you through. The XL has tons of room with 3 seats, and a flat floor with the third seat out. The floor in the Chevy has the big hump and it puts the third seat on the floor. And let's face it, Chevy's interior is cheap.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Our 2007 RX350 now resides in KC with our son and sits at about 250K miles. Interior and exterior still look as good as when we bought it with 30K. It's had exactly two repairs done, outside of regular maintenance, both rear wheel bearings and an oil line the goes from the filter housing to the oil cooler.

In 2015 my boss was looking at German SUVs for his wife, I sold him on the Lexus. I always teased his wife when I'd see her, told her to take it easy on that thing cause it was my wife's next "new" car. So in 2019 when she needed a shiny new one, we bought the 2015.

Also in 2015, my mom and dad were going to buy some little POS Buick SUV for close to $50K. I told them they were crazy. My dad had never bought a foreign car in his life, but after visiting the Lexus dealer, he drove away in demo RX350 with under 10K miles for far less $$$ than the Buick.

Our daughter just picked up a 2016 RX350 with under 40K miles to be her first "mom mobile".

Two other friends also bought RX350s based on our experience.

The local Lexus dealer should really be paying me a commission.:rolleyes:

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Modern & Practical: Mercedes Benz GL 350 Bluetec. Amazing interior, capable off road, massive towing capacity, massive interior hauling capacity and EXCELLENT FUEL ECONOMY with the diesel engine.

NO.

I have two MB with Bluetec engines. The engines themselves are outstanding. The Bluetec emissions systems are a cluster just waiting to happen. The DEF heaters go out at 70-80k. That's $2,000 a pop. The NOx sensors go out around the same time. Hundreds each and there are 3 or 4. The Def tanks crack.

I have been investigating DEF system defeat devices that make the car think the DEF system is working fine because it really only runs part time anyways. MB and Bosch did what VW/Audi did on their diesel's and got busted. Class action against MB was just given preliminary approval. Original owners get $3280/ea and free repair to make the DEF system actually run all the time, which I don't actually want.

My wife has a little GLK with a 2.1l turbo diesel. That motor is amazing and if not for the DEF BS I'd buy another. Mine has the 3.5L dual turbo. I like her motor better. Each produces close to 400ft/lbs of torque but hers is smoother, quieter and less clackity.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    For an SUV I bought a Honda Ridgeline. It's an SUV with a pickup truck bed, trunk and actual usable, adult size back seat area. If I was putting kids back there it's as good as anything else.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    NO.

I have two MB with Bluetec engines. The engines themselves are outstanding. The Bluetec emissions systems are a cluster just waiting to happen. The DEF heaters go out at 70-80k. That's $2,000 a pop. The NOx sensors go out around the same time. Hundreds each and there are 3 or 4. The Def tanks crack.

I have been investigating DEF system defeat devices that make the car think the DEF system is working fine because it really only runs part time anyways. MB and Bosch did what VW/Audi did on their diesel's and got busted. Class action against MB was just given preliminary approval. Original owners get $3280/ea and free repair to make the DEF system actually run all the time, which I don't actually want.

My wife has a little GLK with a 2.1l turbo diesel. That motor is amazing and if not for the DEF BS I'd buy another. Mine has the 3.5L dual turbo. I like her motor better. Each produces close to 400ft/lbs of torque but hers is smoother, quieter and less clackity.
    Emissions are the bane of modern diesel engines. Whoever though EGR on a diesel was a good idea should be shot. And don't get me started on the heavy handed methods for ensuring the DEF system is working (Start counters or mileage limits if the system faults). The engines of course have lots of power and are better on fuel but the emissions nonsense is such a headache. The turbo & direct injected gas engines are not much better with regards to complexity.

Top Bottom